THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Oh know we have been discovered run 😂 @augolf1716@bigbird 

in all seriousness anybody know anything about how to introduce dogs to other dogs without them freaking out? 

Me and my wife just got a dog from the rescue like a month ago and she is somewhat aggressive towards other dogs and we don't won't that. 

Edited by autiger88

16 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

anybody know anything about how to introduce dogs to other dogs without them freaking out? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYxQXX6axpaRXeoUBpdB6

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

in all seriousness anybody know anything about how to introduce dogs to other dogs without them freaking out? 

Me and my wife just got a dog from the rescue like a month ago and she is somewhat aggressive towards other dogs and we don't won't that. 

Hah! I was actually invited awhile back and a certain feathered mutual friend has been regretting it ever since...

Call a professional for the dog, for real. Find a reputable trainer and let them help you. One of my very best friends is a dog trainer and he can easily do things I didn't previously think possible. If nothing else you should be able to get a consult to feel it out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

When you get a rescue there may be issues you don’t know about.  If you get a pup from a breeder, the breeder usually will not allow a dog to go to their *forever home* until at least 8 weeks.  This will allow the pup to be taught, by the mother, how to act around other dogs (their litter mates).

You will have to allow the dog to accept other dogs in their timeline unless you know why they are acting this way.  There is something in the dog’s past that causes this behavior and may not be easily fixed.  There are trainers that can work with troubled dogs and determine what issues the dog may have.

Good luck

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! I was actually invited awhile back and a certain feathered mutual friend has been regretting it ever since...

Call a professional for the dog, for real. Find a reputable trainer and let them help you. One of my very best friends is a dog trainer and he can easily do things I didn't previously think possible. If nothing else you should be able to get a consult to feel it out. 

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

When you get a rescue there may be issues you don’t know about.  If you get a pup from a breeder, the breeder usually will not allow a dog to go to their *forever home* until at least 8 weeks.  This will allow the pup to be taught, by the mother, how to act around other dogs (their litter mates).

You will have to allow the dog to accept other dogs in their timeline unless you know why they are acting this way.  There is something in the dog’s past that causes this behavior and may not be easily fixed.  There are trainers that can work with troubled dogs and determine what issues the dog may have.

Good luck

Yeah I thought about a trainer I may end up doing that and just see if it works. Thank you guys. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! I was actually invited awhile back and a certain feathered mutual friend has been regretting it ever since

I know I was kidding 🤣

• Like 1

This is a great place to come and just chat with no drama. We had it going back in the day like 10 years ago. I want to get it started again, so certain people can just get away from the drama of the football board lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So  curious what the longest thread is in AUfamily or A4E history? This one has to be up there right?🤷

The original asylum was. When I think about it, I still can't believe he deleted it

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The original asylum was. When I think about it, I still can't believe he deleted it

I know still bitter about it. But isnt this one more now? 🤷

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I know still bitter about it. But isnt this one more now? 🤷

No the original was well over 1500 pages

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh ok couldn't remember. All about nothing too 😂 damn the convos we had  were some great ones even got Scott to come on there a few times to join in. 

Edited by autiger88

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

*cracks knuckles*

Chapter 1: A Sparkle in Loof's Daddy's Eye

My father came from humble beginnings. He likes to say that he grew up "without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of". There was love in his house, but not the tender kind...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He's been asking himself that for, uh, more than 40 years. Heard he's found the answer a few times, but he was three sheets to the wind and couldn't remember the next day. 

Damn I missed those days.

• Like 1