2013 4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU signee)

kkolumbo

I don't know why everyone seems alittle down on this kid. He is ranked 119 overall in the espn 150 right now. 

He's my favorite player named Tashawn. 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is visiting Auburn that means our coaching staff believes he is good enough to play In this league and thats all that matters to me!!! Join us Tashawn!!!! :we:

Guest EagleDamnWar

Visit went well.  Will name top 5 later but AU and south Carolina are only two SEC teams he liked and will most likely be in top 5.  Bower wants to visit Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State, LSU, Georgia and Miami later this summer.

BM just reported that TB has left AU, loves the coaches and family atmosphere, says AU and USCe he knows will be in his top group when he shrinks his list in August, wants to play in the SEC.

I don't know why everyone seems alittle down on this kid. He is ranked 119 overall in the espn 150 right now. 

Rivals is the only 1 down on him cuz Farrell is an idiot when it comes to evaluating players.

This is absolutely the best outcome we could have from this visit!!  Neither party needed to be put in a position of an immediate decision.  This gives us both time to see what happens to the other pieces to the puzzle.  Good job, Coach Van Gorder and staff.

I saw Tashawn being interviewed right outside the athletic development center. He seemed to hold his cool with three microphones being held right in his face by middle aged men and then comparatively the child looking JHoke. Didn't realize that is how they do those interviews because it is a bit in your face for a 17 year old.

Seemed like he needs work with Coach Yox but definitely fits the height listed. Very tall. Our coaching staff is very high on him from what I hear but from the way they said it, I get the feeling there may be one or two higher on the board

His work with Pelton while he was in town will likely go a long way toward determining his spot in the pecking order. With Bigelow, Bower, Bellamy, and Adams all potentially still in the picture, it will be interesting to see how long we wait on these spots. My guess is Adams already has his spot reserved. If Rodgers commits then Bigelow's window might grow a little bit and the other two might be left watching. Definitely a good position to be in.

His work with Pelton while he was in town will likely go a long way toward determining his spot in the pecking order. With Bigelow, Bower, Bellamy, and Adams all potentially still in the picture, it will be interesting to see how long we wait on these spots. My guess is Adams already has his spot reserved. If Rodgers commits then Bigelow's window might grow a little bit and the other two might be left watching. Definitely a good position to be in.

Respectfully disagree a bit. Adams is priority 1 and the coaches will wait as long as it takes for him to chose as long as the coaches feel Auburn is in good shape with him.

Respectfully disagree a bit. Adams is priority 1 and the coaches will wait as long as it takes for him to chose as long as the coaches feel Auburn is in good shape with him.

He said that Adams has a spot and then he started talking about another spot.

I know that Bigelow isn't the topic of this thread, but Sills, Rodgers, and $180,000 in unmarked bills from the "bagman" won't make us the favorite for Bigelow.

I know that Bigelow isn't the topic of this thread, but Sills, Rodgers, and $180,000 in unmarked bills from the "bagman" won't make us the favorite for Bigelow.

Thank you Jonesy for putting that pipe dream that some have to rest.

Would $200,000 do it?  :dunno:

way to pee in our cheerios this morning ...

Yea, I definitely agree with that. My point is, that 4th spot on the line probably won't be a decision that is made this month or even this summer. With so many big defensive linemen on the board (and on board), that last spot will be very well thought out and we will want to make sure that we don't back ourselves into a corner too early by filling all the spots.

Bower's offer list is crazy. I, too, cannot understand how a guy with this many big programs offering isn't seen as a 4 star guy at scout. Obviously, he has a lot of believers.

Bower's offer list is crazy. I, too, cannot understand how a guy with this many big programs offering isn't seen as a 4 star guy at scout. Obviously, he has a lot of believers.

Scout always had him as a 3 *. The surprising thing is Rivals dropped him from a 4 * to a 3 *

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rodgers and Irvin-Sills committed to AU would have an impact on Bigelow.  They are best friends and best friends want to play together.  If BVG's D turns out how we are hoping then you never know...  long way from NSD.

Rodgers and Irvin-Sills committed to AU would have an impact on Bigelow.  They are best friends and best friends want to play together.  If BVG's D turns out how we are hoping then you never know...  long way from NSD.

Kids say they want to play with their best friends every year but it rarely works out that way. I also think that people here want Bigelow more than our coaches do.

Scout always had him as a 3 *. The surprising thing is Rivals dropped him from a 4 * to a 3 *

Do you know their justification for the drop E?

From the Rivals 100 Chat...interesting thoughts from Mike Farrell on Bower. Not really a ringing endorsement!

Comment From James

How is it possible Tim Williams is ranked higher than Tashawn Bower ... ? ( 40+ offers) Bower is a beast and is potiental an elite Def. End at the next level..

Mike Farrell

James -- have you ever seen Tashawn Bower on game film or are you just going on offers? No offense to Tashawn, but he is the guy this year out of everyone who has the most offers based on pure and raw potential and not on the field play. Tim Williams is much, much better.

Comment From James

Mike - I have seen him play and im not going by offers .. im going by words from SEC college coaches having him ranked top 5 DE in the country on there board.. I've seen teams throw 2-3 guys to slow him down . No offense to Tim . The likely hood what he will become vs Bowers potential doesn't come close. Bowers is the most underrated DE with the highest ceiling in this years class..

Mike Farrell

James -- then you haven't really seen him play. Ask any of our guys who have and they will all tell you the same thing. We have at least 5 or 6 guys who have seen him in person, maybe more. High bust factor. And I don't like saying it because he's such a nice kid, but it's the truth.

Kids say they want to play with their best friends every year but it rarely works out that way. I also think that people here want Bigelow more than our coaches do.

Adams > Bigelow

If we can get Adams, I'm not worried about Bigelow (wouldn't kick him to the curb for sure, but Adams is better IMO)

From the Rivals 100 Chat...interesting thoughts from Mike Farrell on Bower. Not really a ringing endorsement!

Comment From James

How is it possible Tim Williams is ranked higher than Tashawn Bower ... ? ( 40+ offers) Bower is a beast and is potiental an elite Def. End at the next level..

Mike Farrell

James -- have you ever seen Tashawn Bower on game film or are you just going on offers? No offense to Tashawn, but he is the guy this year out of everyone who has the most offers based on pure and raw potential and not on the field play. Tim Williams is much, much better.

Comment From James

Mike - I have seen him play and im not going by offers .. im going by words from SEC college coaches having him ranked top 5 DE in the country on there board.. I've seen teams throw 2-3 guys to slow him down . No offense to Tim . The likely hood what he will become vs Bowers potential doesn't come close. Bowers is the most underrated DE with the highest ceiling in this years class..

Mike Farrell

James -- then you haven't really seen him play. Ask any of our guys who have and they will all tell you the same thing. We have at least 5 or 6 guys who have seen him in person, maybe more. High bust factor. And I don't like saying it because he's such a nice kid, but it's the truth.

You know, I trust offer lists and SEC coaches a whole lot more than I do "ANALysts".

Archived