2013 4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU signee)

kkolumbo

6'5, 240 lb DE out of Somerville, New Jersey.

Rivals 4*- http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Tashawn-Bower-114213  (R250)

247 4*- http://247sports.com/Player/Tashawn-Bower-12399  (#112)

ESPN 4*- http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/128323/tashawn-bower (#119 in ESPNU150)

He's visiting this weekend. Hearing he is a possible commit if things go well.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EagleDamnWar

His dad and coach BVG have some sort of connection.  BVG may have coached his dad.  I think there is a high chance of a commitment this weekend.

His dad and coach BVG have some sort of connection.  BVG may have coached his dad.  I think there is a high chance of a commitment this weekend.

:thumbsup:

If we are taking another DE commit do u think that means we are looking to play Liner as a DT?

That would be my guess, but :dunno:

If we are taking another DE commit do u think that means we are looking to play Liner as a DT?

I would think this as well, mostly because he's already 270 lbs, has a year of HS left, and has yet to be "Yoxed". Plus we are LOADED at DE!!  :we:

Guest EagleDamnWar

Many coaches think Bowers may be a top 5 DE in this class. If he does well in senior season, very easily could be r100.

Many coaches think Bowers may be a top 5 DE in this class. If he does well in senior season, very easily could be r100.

I put as much, if not more, stock in TheRinger's evaluations than any site out there, and they have him as a top 5 DE.

Guest EagleDamnWar

I put as much, if not more, stock in TheRinger's evaluations than any site out there, and they have him as a top 5 DE.

Never heard of them.  I'll check out there evaluations.

I would think this as well, mostly because he's already 270 lbs, has a year of HS left, and has yet to be "Yoxed". Plus we are LOADED at DE!!  :we:

Well, yeah, we're loaded at defensive end, but most of that depth will graduate after 2013. We don't need more than 2 DEs in this class because we do have Delaine, Owens, Harrell, and the President as underclassmen, but we also have Wright, Blackson, Niles, and Nero already on the roster at DT, and they are all underclassmen, too.

I think with Liner we are just going to see what happens with him.  If he gets bigger, DT, if he stays about the same, DE.  Regardless, we are recruiting him to play DL.

I think with Liner we are just going to see what happens with him.  If he gets bigger, DT, if he stays about the same, DE.  Regardless, we are recruiting him to play DL.

Yes, D. Liner will play D. Line. :D

If he does pull the trigger and commit, and we land Adams, we can for sure go ahead and close the book on the best DL class in the country history.

Edit.  ;)

I was wondering what the connection is. Usually, for a kid that far away to be leaning so heavily, there is some strong bond.

Yes, D. Liner will play D. Line. :D

Exactly.  It's so genius it's like we planned it from birth... :-X

Just the way liner looks reminds me of Dwight freeney, heavier d end who can move inside when you need. Hopefully he can develope some moves like freeney too.

I believe Dee will be very similar to sen'derrick marks in that he will start out at end and eventually grow into a DT.

:timeout:

Are you kidding me with this joker's offer sheet?  That's absurd.  If he doesn't come here, maybe he can spend the next four years touring the country making a stop @ each school that offered. 

On second thought, maybe he should just go ahead and spend it on the Plains. 

:wedance:

Archived