2013 4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU signee)

kkolumbo

Just to fan the flames about the tahd  bias on 247, it looks like they list bower as warm for bama when no other site list  him interested.

also, ESPN doesn't list an auburn offer

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he does pull the trigger and commit, and we land Adams, we can for sure go ahead and close the book on the best DL class in the country history.

Edit.  ;)

Close but not quite. The 2010 Florida D Line class ON PAPER was the sickest and best D Line class in the recruiting website era. Floyd 5*, Easly 5*, Powell 5*, Ball 4*, Orr 4*, Trail 4*, Martin 4*.

If he does pull the trigger and commit, and we land Adams, we can for sure go ahead and close the book on the best DL class in the country history.

Edit.  ;)

Close but not quite. The 2010 Florida D Line class ON PAPER was the sickest and best D Line class in the recruiting website era. Floyd 5*, Easly 5*, Powell 5*, Ball 4*, Orr 4*, Trail 4*, Martin 4*.

Yeah it's gonna be hard to beat that class. Powell and Floyd (I think it was Floyd) were in the top 4 for that class. But it definitely hasn't lived up to the hype.

Edit.  ;)

Yeah it's gonna be hard to beat that class. Powell and Floyd (I think it was Floyd) were in the top 4 for that class. But it definitely hasn't lived up to the hype.

Excellent point!!  We've all heard about the mess that Urban Meyer left when "family" pressures forced him to "leave" coaching, and this D-line was ay the center of it.  It was reported that, as freshmen, both Easley and Powell were refusing to practice unless certain conditions were made for them.  Apparently, they have "matured" somewhat under Coach Boom, but it shows how recruiting character and leadership, and learning about these kids during evaluation, is so important.  Of course, we've had our own experience with 5* kids becoming prima-donnas. 

Whats the rumor CMP? Do tell

That Bowers could commit on his visit to Auburn this weekend.

Thanks E :thumbsup:

From the Rivals 100 Chat...interesting thoughts from Mike Farrell on Bower. Not really a ringing endorsement!

Comment From James

How is it possible Tim Williams is ranked higher than Tashawn Bower ... ? ( 40+ offers) Bower is a beast and is potiental an elite Def. End at the next level..

Mike Farrell

James -- have you ever seen Tashawn Bower on game film or are you just going on offers? No offense to Tashawn, but he is the guy this year out of everyone who has the most offers based on pure and raw potential and not on the field play. Tim Williams is much, much better.

Comment From James

Mike - I have seen him play and im not going by offers .. im going by words from SEC college coaches having him ranked top 5 DE in the country on there board.. I've seen teams throw 2-3 guys to slow him down . No offense to Tim . The likely hood what he will become vs Bowers potential doesn't come close. Bowers is the most underrated DE with the highest ceiling in this years class..

Mike Farrell

James -- then you haven't really seen him play. Ask any of our guys who have and they will all tell you the same thing. We have at least 5 or 6 guys who have seen him in person, maybe more. High bust factor. And I don't like saying it because he's such a nice kid, but it's the truth.

From the Rivals 100 Chat...interesting thoughts from Mike Farrell on Bower. Not really a ringing endorsement!

Comment From James

How is it possible Tim Williams is ranked higher than Tashawn Bower ... ? ( 40+ offers) Bower is a beast and is potiental an elite Def. End at the next level..

Mike Farrell

James -- have you ever seen Tashawn Bower on game film or are you just going on offers? No offense to Tashawn, but he is the guy this year out of everyone who has the most offers based on pure and raw potential and not on the field play. Tim Williams is much, much better.

Comment From James

Mike - I have seen him play and im not going by offers .. im going by words from SEC college coaches having him ranked top 5 DE in the country on there board.. I've seen teams throw 2-3 guys to slow him down . No offense to Tim . The likely hood what he will become vs Bowers potential doesn't come close. Bowers is the most underrated DE with the highest ceiling in this years class..

Mike Farrell

James -- then you haven't really seen him play. Ask any of our guys who have and they will all tell you the same thing. We have at least 5 or 6 guys who have seen him in person, maybe more. High bust factor. And I don't like saying it because he's such a nice kid, but it's the truth.

There is a reason why recruiting analysts are not coaches.

^^^this right here :wareagle:

so, let me get this straight ...

farrell is basically saying that bowers' having "potential" makes him have a "high bust factor" ... riiiiggggghhhhttttt ...

most of the time these recruiting service geeks say a kid with "potential" has a "very high ceiling" and therefore is a 6* - although they may have not shown it on the field yet. 

nice duplicity there farrell ... (maybe the kid will be a bust, but that explaination was pathetic)

so, let me get this straight ...

farrell is basically saying that bowers' having "potential" makes him have a "high bust factor" ... riiiiggggghhhhttttt ...

most of the time these recruiting service geeks say a kid with "potential" has a "very high ceiling" and therefore is a 6* - although they may have not shown it on the field yet. 

nice duplicity there farrell ... (maybe the kid will be a bust, but that explaination was pathetic)

Hell they ranked Kerry Murphy so high because he could do a back flip.

Comment From James

Mike Farrell

Comment From James

Mike Farrell

There is a reason why recruiting analysts are not coaches.

Ding Ding Ding! While the offer sheet is not the only indicator of a player's talent, it is a pretty danged good one. I haven't seen him play, haven't even seen game film of him, but if a kid who is truly a project/raw athlete type has that many offers from that many big time programs, then either he's a pretty surefire project or his potential is in the range of Reggie White...

Guest EagleDamnWar

Bower, a 4-star DE from Immaculata in Somerville, N.J., just arrived in Auburn.  He will stay in Auburn until Tuesday. He is the nation's No. 3 weakside d-end and No. 112 overall prospect. - 247

He is a 3 star on Rivals

Bower, a 4-star DE from Immaculata in Somerville, N.J., just arrived in Auburn.  He will stay in Auburn until Tuesday. He is the nation's No. 3 weakside d-end and No. 112 overall prospect. - 247

He is a 3 star on Rivals

It looks like I am not the only one who keeps a close on that 247 Auburn twitter mention page. lol

This kid has an impressive offer list. I don't care what * he is. He must be one heck of a football player. He would look good in our Blue and Orange IMO.

I don't know why everyone seems alittle down on this kid. He is ranked 119 overall in the espn 150 right now. 

I am  not down on this kid. I would lovce to see a commitment today!

Archived