2013 4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU signee)

kkolumbo

Top 10 defensive performers from The Opening Free Article: (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1201429.html)

Tashawn Bower | DE | 6-5/235 | Immaculate (NJ)

Bower

Quick Hitter: Bower is a very athletic rush end and he showed up each day of this event. He was impressive in the drills, then showed good strength and quickness in the 1-on-1s. He could use his quickness off the ball to get past the offensive tackle or set him up and go inside. He will see a substantial move in the rankings.

Recruiting: Committed to Auburn.

Does anyone know when the next rankings on Rivals or Scout come out? I would imagine during the football season, but I am not sure.

Rivals in August. Not sure about Scout.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 10 defensive performers from The Opening Free Article: (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1201429.html)

Bower

Quick Hitter: Bower is a very athletic rush end and he showed up each day of this event. He was impressive in the drills, then showed good strength and quickness in the 1-on-1s. He could use his quickness off the ball to get past the offensive tackle or set him up and go inside. He will see a substantial move in the rankings.

Does anyone know when the next rankings on Rivals or Scout come out? I would imagine during the football season, but I am not sure.

And then there will be 2 more rankings to be released after that on Rivals, correct?

Bower

And then there will be 2 more rankings to be released after that on Rivals, correct?

Yes.

No, the one in the fall is one of the two. Final one in January.

Incorrect. My hunch about there being 3 left is correct. I asked Mike Farrell and he said updates in August, November, and January.

The sites want to make so much money so they need to make updates daily and/or weekly like a stock report. They only have to change the ones that have shown something new.

It cracks me up when everyone uses yoxercised as something special, every program has a strength coach who builds up their players, while yox is well known, he by no means is doing something special that is not happening at every big time program.  To some extent putting players on a proper diet has more to do with the development than the physical workouts.  This is a direct quote from a strength coach at a top 25 program and top 10 hockey program.  Love what yox does, makes great football players, doesn't always help their draft prospects, but being a football player is more important than where they are drafted.

It cracks me up when everyone uses yoxercised as something special, every program has a strength coach who builds up their players, while yox is well known, he by no means is doing something special that is not happening at every big time program.  To some extent putting players on a proper diet has more to do with the development than the physical workouts.  This is a direct quote from a strength coach at a top 25 program and top 10 hockey program.  Love what yox does, makes great football players, doesn't always help their draft prospects, but being a football player is more important than where they are drafted.

Every coach is different in the way they do things...I disagree with you that Coach Yox isn't doing something special...he really is.  You don't get to be the best in the business with out doing something special and doing it all right.  Yox is not there to make draft prospects, he is there to properly condition the players and mold them into what they need to be to play Auburn football.  Becoming a draft prospect has everything to do with the player.  You can coach a kid until your blue in the face but unless the player pushes it and goes above and beyond it wont matter.

You have obviously never done one of his workouts. I tried out in '01 as a punter and got to do 1 workout with coach Yox. I got sent home that afternoon. Something about Damon Duvall and CTT not liking walk-on kickers. Anyway I jumped off the top bunk the next morning and crumpled to the floor my leghuerta do sore. I had trouble walking for the next 3 days. Thank god it was a Friday. So don't knock till you have tried it.

Every coach is different in the way they do things...I disagree with you that Coach Yox isn't doing something special...he really is.  You don't get to be the best in the business with out doing something special and doing it all right.  Yox is not there to make draft prospects, he is there to properly condition the players and mold them into what they need to be to play Auburn football.  Becoming a draft prospect has everything to do with the player.  You can coach a kid until your blue in the face but unless the player pushes it and goes above and beyond it wont matter.

Like i said I agree with you that he is doing what is best for Auburn football, but all strength and conditioning coaches put weight, muscle on players.  After all, this is a science and there are different ways to get an end point.  I am not devaluing yox's importance to the team, just saying that it happens everywhere.  I just think it makes more sense to say, "one year at Auburn in the program will build him up."  There is a lot more to adding proper mass than the strength coach, it is a team staff effort as well as a commitment from the player.  Nutrition and proper diet are very important and many individuals are part of accomplishing this that deserve credit.

You have obviously never done one of his workouts. I tried out in '01 as a punter and got to do 1 workout with coach Yox. I got sent home that afternoon. Something about Damon Duvall and CTT not liking walk-on kickers. Anyway I jumped off the top bunk the next morning and crumpled to the floor my leghuerta do sore. I had trouble walking for the next 3 days. Thank god it was a Friday. So don't knock till you have tried it.

Not knocking it or doubting that he is good, however, how many other schools have you gone to and went through their workouts to give a fair comparison and educated answer?  Just stating that there is much more to it than one guy and that they all deserve credit.  Besides that, if I went through any workout I would be done for days as well!!!  PS I participated in another sport at Auburn and get it.  Have a nutrition background.  I happen to be directly in contact with another very well known and respected strength and conditioning coach who has produced talented players in multiple sports.  I just think people enjoy saying "yoxercising" and I find that funny.

Yeah, after his performance you would think he'll be consensus 4* at least when the next round of rankings come out.

Not knocking it or doubting that he is good, however, how many other schools have you gone to and went through their workouts to give a fair comparison and educated answer?  Just stating that there is much more to it than one guy and that they all deserve credit.  Besides that, if I went through any workout I would be done for days as well!!!  PS I participated in another sport at Auburn and get it.  Have a nutrition background.  I happen to be directly in contact with another very well known and respected strength and conditioning coach who has produced talented players in multiple sports.  I just think people enjoy saying "yoxercising" and I find that funny.

How 'bout the possibility that people say "yoxercise" simply to mean the entire AU strength and conditioning program along with nutrition/diet that players will get when they come to AU, as opposed to having to write all of that out?  That is certainly what it has come to mean to the people I talk to (including players), as opposed to supposedly suggesting that Yox is the only one responsible for AU players getting bigger and stronger.  This sounds more like a pet peeve rather than a legitimate concern.

Boy, I can't wait for Tashawn Bower to get to the plains!

How 'bout the possibility that people say "yoxercise" simply to mean the entire AU strength and conditioning program along with nutrition/diet that players will get when they come to AU, as opposed to having to write all of that out?  That is certainly what it has come to mean to the people I talk to (including players), as opposed to supposedly suggesting that Yox is the only one responsible for AU players getting bigger and stronger.  This sounds more like a pet peeve rather than a legitimate concern.

Boy, I can't wait for Tashawn Bower to get to the plains!

You are correct it is a pet peeve that I have!!!!  There is no concern on my part!!

Tashawn bower ‏@Tashawn_Bower

If all my auburn family can help me out and give me a shout out for some followers, that'd be appreciated

Retweeted by Bryan Matthews

Can't wait to get back down to auburn to watch them beat LSU #excited #WarDamnEagle

And back to Bower. He was one of the top DLs at the Opening.

Was it Mike Farrell that was down on TB before The Opening? Would really like to get his take now after that camp.

And back to Bower. He was one of the top DLs at the Opening.

Was it Mike Farrell that was down on TB before The Opening? Would really like to get his take now after that camp.

He was blah about him. KK and others got all over him about it on twitter.

If all my auburn family can help me out and give me a shout out for some followers, that'd be appreciated

Can't wait to get back down to auburn to watch them beat LSU #excited #WarDamnEagle

Not a "tweeter" here, but I just saw where he tweeted that he can't wait to become an Auburn man, or something allong those lines.  I hope all you tweeters are showing him some love;  N J is a loooong way from Auburn, Alabama.  We need to let him know he's just as important as these other guys, because he is.

Can one of you recruiting Guru's (spell ?) answer this question.  Why is this Bower kid only a 3 star ?  Did you see the list of schools that offered ???  I mean it is impressive, he could play practically anywhere he wants.  How do the "experts" determine the star rating ?

Can one of you recruiting Guru's (spell ?) answer this question.  Why is this Bower kid only a 3 star ?  Did you see the list of schools that offered ???  I mean it is impressive, he could play practically anywhere he wants.  How do the "experts" determine the star rating ?

He is a 4 star on all 5 recruiting sites minus Rivals. This was the controversy.

From the Rivals 100 Chat...interesting thoughts from Mike Farrell on Bower. Not really a ringing endorsement!

Comment From James

How is it possible Tim Williams is ranked higher than Tashawn Bower ... ? ( 40+ offers) Bower is a beast and is potiental an elite Def. End at the next level..

Mike Farrell

James -- have you ever seen Tashawn Bower on game film or are you just going on offers? No offense to Tashawn, but he is the guy this year out of everyone who has the most offers based on pure and raw potential and not on the field play. Tim Williams is much, much better.

Comment From James

Mike - I have seen him play and im not going by offers .. im going by words from SEC college coaches having him ranked top 5 DE in the country on there board.. I've seen teams throw 2-3 guys to slow him down . No offense to Tim . The likely hood what he will become vs Bowers potential doesn't come close. Bowers is the most underrated DE with the highest ceiling in this years class..

Mike Farrell

James -- then you haven't really seen him play. Ask any of our guys who have and they will all tell you the same thing. We have at least 5 or 6 guys who have seen him in person, maybe more. High bust factor. And I don't like saying it because he's such a nice kid, but it's the truth.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but why are we worried about what some reporter is saying about one of our recruits. IMO all I need to know is that the coaching staff wanted him so he must be talented no matter how many stars the player gets. I can get caught up on the star ratings but really it does not make the player....

Archived