2013 4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU signee)

kkolumbo

Bower's offer list is crazy. I, too, cannot understand how a guy with this many big programs offering isn't seen as a 4 star guy at scout. Obviously, he has a lot of believers.

Scout always had him as a 3 *. The surprising thing is Rivals dropped him from a 4 * to a 3 *

Do you know their justification for the drop E?

From the Rivals 100 Chat...interesting thoughts from Mike Farrell on Bower. Not really a ringing endorsement!

Comment From James

How is it possible Tim Williams is ranked higher than Tashawn Bower ... ? ( 40+ offers) Bower is a beast and is potiental an elite Def. End at the next level..

Mike Farrell

James -- have you ever seen Tashawn Bower on game film or are you just going on offers? No offense to Tashawn, but he is the guy this year out of everyone who has the most offers based on pure and raw potential and not on the field play. Tim Williams is much, much better.

Comment From James

Mike - I have seen him play and im not going by offers .. im going by words from SEC college coaches having him ranked top 5 DE in the country on there board.. I've seen teams throw 2-3 guys to slow him down . No offense to Tim . The likely hood what he will become vs Bowers potential doesn't come close. Bowers is the most underrated DE with the highest ceiling in this years class..

Mike Farrell

James -- then you haven't really seen him play. Ask any of our guys who have and they will all tell you the same thing. We have at least 5 or 6 guys who have seen him in person, maybe more. High bust factor. And I don't like saying it because he's such a nice kid, but it's the truth.

You know, I trust offer lists and SEC coaches a whole lot more than I do "ANALysts".

Agreed^^.  If Farrell misses a prediction he just says "Oh well, next."  The SEC Coaches' jobs are on the line with their predictions (offers).  They better be right much more than they are wrong. 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said recently “I’ll definitely make my top five pretty soon, sometime before the season starts," Could commit before or after the season but either way he will take all 5 official visits. He felt like he was already apart of the Auburn team when he was here. He said "They had my back already even though I had just met them that day. "

He's probably not quite in the range of Lawson even on his best day, but one thing that strikes me is that more than either Lawson or Liner, he has prototypical defensive end size. He's a little light, but a little Yoxercise will put another 20 lbs on his 6'5, 240 frame without too much trouble.

I think this really means that we're pursuing Liner more as a tackle than as an end; we will add a top flight DT (probably Adams, from what I'm hearing), and that will be that on the line. Add in Foster, Matthews, and one more safety, and I think that will round out the class.

He's probably not quite in the range of Lawson even on his best day, but one thing that strikes me is that more than either Lawson or Liner, he has prototypical defensive end size. He's a little light, but a little Yoxercise will put another 20 lbs on his 6'5, 240 frame without too much trouble.

I think this really means that we're pursuing Liner more as a tackle than as an end; we will add a top flight DT (probably Adams, from what I'm hearing), and that will be that on the line. Add in Foster, Matthews, and one more safety, and I think that will round out the class.

So no Demarcus Walker?  Man, I really want that kid.

Could possibly get Walker too... I know, it seems unfair to other teams but its a possibility.

Could possibly get Walker too... I know, it seems unfair to other teams but its a possibility.

^^THIS^^

The one and ONLY thing I really see that Bowers needs to work on is his first step/initial burst. He's a little below average when it comes to exploding out of his stance getting into the OL or past the OL. He needs some refinement in hand placement and just plain ole pass rushing moves. But overall he's got incredible upside. He is a really strong player against the run and can anchor down as well as any DL, except for maybe Joey Bosa. I really think Bowers is a perfect compliment to the other DL we'll likely have in this class.

The one and ONLY thing I really see that Bowers needs to work on is his first step/initial burst. He's a little below average when it comes to exploding out of his stance getting into the OL or past the OL. He needs some refinement in hand placement and just plain ole pass rushing moves. But overall he's got incredible upside. He is a really strong player against the run and can anchor down as well as any DL, except for maybe Joey Bosa. I really think Bowers is a perfect compliment to the other DL we'll likely have in this class.

looking at his ESPN film he over pursues at times also.

So MF says he will probably be a bust? I hope he goes out this fall and dominates.

This kid has all the tools in the world - size, strength, etc... He just needs to get nasty and take over.

It used to be that yet to be realized potential/upside was a reason to move a guy up the board...for some reason that does not apply to bower by a couple services and elite by another...strange

I love what Bower has on his twitter page...

not the fastest not the strongest but i will out work you H.Y.F.R

It used to be that yet to be realized potential/upside was a reason to move a guy up the board...for some reason that does not apply to bower by a couple services and elite by another...strange

According the rivals video that I watched today, they said that TB was probably the hardest player to rank this year. He has all the potential in the world, great size, he is strong, pretty quick, performs great at camps, and had 40+ offers from most of the bigtime colleges in the country. They said they just have not seen it on the field. They will be watching him this fall to see how he does. They also said that nobody would turn him down because he has so much potential.

Is he playing in any of the all star games?

According the rivals video that I watched today, they said that TB was probably the hardest player to rank this year. He has all the potential in the world, great size, he is strong, pretty quick, performs great at camps, and had 40+ offers from most of the bigtime colleges in the country. They said they just have not seen it on the field. They will be watching him this fall to see how he does. They also said that nobody would turn him down because he has so much potential.

I would imagine the UA game since he is rated so highly by ESPN but not 100% sure.

as of right now no. But most of the all star games are not close to being filled yet.

wonder what H.Y.F.R. means....... :dunno:

wonder what H.Y.F.R. means....... :dunno:

Hell Yeah F*ing Right

A song by Drake.

H URT

Y OU

F OR

R EAL    :dunno:

In that case all he would have to do is the Bobby Boucher visualizing technique using Mike Farrell's face on the opponent with the ball.  ;)

Archived