Transfer players eligibility

El Tiburon

SIAP, but switch players have been clearned to play this season of the following: Corey Grant, Mike Blakely, And Jay Prosch? Thanks in advance for the info.

Grant and Blakely are good to go and we are still waiting on word on Prosch.

What is taking the clearing house so long on this? :banghead:

The application was just sent about a month ago.  Prosch will be cleared by August. 

I keep reading and hearing that Prosch is a given...but is it? Aren't we assuming he will be cleared based on his family situation?

The application was just sent about a month ago.  Prosch will be cleared by August. 

I keep reading and hearing that Prosch is a given...but is it? Aren't we assuming he will be cleared based on his family situation?

I most cases if the player has to change schools for reasons outside his control the wavier is granted. If a player change schools because he decided to play somewhere else the waiver is never granted.

I most cases if the player has to change schools for reasons outside his control the wavier is granted. If a player change schools because he decided to play somewhere else the waiver is never granted.

So, it does seem "very likely" he will get the waiver but it is still in their hands--which is kind of my point in posting this. I don't think that we should take anything for granted.

Moving home to be near a very ill parent is about as given as it gets.

^^^THIS^^^^

This is exactly why this certain rule was created.

So, it does seem "very likely" he will get the waiver but it is still in their hands--which is kind of my point in posting this. I don't think that we should take anything for granted.

I'm still waiting to hear about the waiver on the Armistead brother. Seriously, that's all we heard about during the Armstead brothers' recruiting was getting the waiver so they could play together. Unless I missed something, the waiver went into the inner sanctum and we never got an answer. On Prosch, I just don't see why the NCAA has to take this long on something as straight forward as his case.

I'm still waiting to hear about the waiver on the Armstrong brother. Seriously, that's all we heard about during the Armstrong brothers' recruiting was getting the waiver so they could play together. Unless I missed something, the waiver went into the inner sanctum and we never got an answer. On Prosch, I just don't see why the NCAA has to take this long on something as straight forward as his case.

It's the Armstead brothers but who really cares.

I'm still waiting to hear about the waiver on the Armstrong brother. Seriously, that's all we heard about during the Armstrong brothers' recruiting was getting the waiver so they could play together. Unless I missed something, the waiver went into the inner sanctum and we never got an answer. On Prosch, I just don't see why the NCAA has to take this long on something as straight forward as his case.

It's the Armstead brothers but who really cares.

Yah, thats what I meant to say. I think its interesting that we heard so much about it then never hear the final outcome. Now Prosch appears to drag following a pattern with the NCAA on other issues too. So I guess I care.

seems like i remember his reasons for transferring being murky. yes his mom is sick, but his coach was fired and the new guy maybe dont use a fullback. i hope he is cleared but i dont think it is a given.

seems like i remember his reasons for transferring being murky. yes his mom is sick, but his coach was fired and the new guy maybe dont use a fullback. i hope he is cleared but i dont think it is a given.

[/

Did Ron Zook leave or did the OC leave?

I don't know the specifics of Prosch, but I am sure that the clearing house has to check all the angles.  I think Dyer was/is using that same excuse at Ark. State (family member is ill).  We all know that in Dyer's case there is more to the story than that.

I for one am hoping Prosch gets cleared  :thumbsup: , and the other doesn't.  :-X

I don't know the specifics of Prosch, but I am sure that the clearing house has to check all the angles.  I think Dyer was/is using that same excuse at Ark. State (family member is ill).  We all know that in Dyer's case there is more to the story than that.

I for one am hoping Prosch gets cleared  :thumbsup: , and the other doesn't.  :-X

If, when all is said and done, Prosch is NOT cleared and Dyer IS cleared it's going to dunk my hat in the creek ...... >:(  >:(  >:(

I thought the Prosch transfer was totally isolated to his mother's illness.  If that were the case, then it's a "given" that he would be granted a waiver.  

Now it seems there may be other circumstances to factor into the transfer due to a coaching change/philosophy, etc at his previous school.  Now the NCAA has other areas to consider before giving him a waiver.  And we all know how the NCAA loves to drag their feet on things.  

I thought the Prosch transfer was totally isolated to his mother's illness.  If that were the case, then it's a "given" that he would be granted a waiver.  

Now it seems there may be other circumstances to factor into the transfer due to a coaching change/philosophy, etc at his previous school.  Now the NCAA has other areas to consider before giving him a waiver.  And we all know how the NCAA loves to drag their feet on things.  

I thought he transfered before all the coaching changes happened? I could be wrong.

It seems that I remember a Prosch video interview when he said words to the effect that Auburn was the school he wanted to go to originally but the Malzahn offense didn't need a FB and how great it was to finally be at AU. My reaction at the time thinking about the waiver was, "oh I wish you hadn't said that". He then talked about how great it was to be able to see his Mother more often. Like you said, knowing the NCAA, it just gives them something else to consider.   

Moving home to be near a very ill parent is about as given as it gets.

^^^THIS^^^^

This is exactly why this certain rule was created.

Hello!!!!!

It seems that I remember a Prosch video interview when he said words to the effect that Auburn was the school he wanted to go to originally but the Malzahn offense didn't need a FB and how great it was to finally be at AU. My reaction at the time thinking about the waiver was, "oh I wish you hadn't said that". He then talked about how great it was to be able to see his Mother more often. Like you said, knowing the NCAA, it just gives them something else to consider.   

hello eric smith. I remember gus using a fb and then  moving a te to fb.

hello eric smith. I remember gus using a fb and then  moving a te to fb.

An H-back but I understand your point. I'm just telling you what Prosch said on the video. Looking at it from his point of view though, a pro set power running game would use his FB services a lot more.

Archived