2013 5* WR Laquon Treadwell

Guest EagleDamnWar

Treadwell is a complete beast.  He is all-conference caliber, in any conference. 

I agree but I've heard it is a long shot for him to come to AU.

Well Michman would know better than me but if they get Green that would be 24 and I believe they would have 1 spot left. The question is are they recruiting anyone else hard besides Treadwell for that last spot or 2?

It appears Michigan is targeint 3 players for 2 spots...Green, Treadwell and Leon McQuay.  If they only get 1, or none of those players, they will likely hold a scholartship and possibly offer a fringe prospect, like Delano Hill.  I'm personally hoping for Green and Treadwell.  I think that'd guarantee a top-5 class.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treadwell is a complete beast.  He is all-conference caliber, in any conference. 

Well Michman would know better than me but if they get Green that would be 24 and I believe they would have 1 spot left. The question is are they recruiting anyone else hard besides Treadwell for that last spot or 2?

It appears Michigan is targeint 3 players for 2 spots...Green, Treadwell and Leon McQuay.  If they only get 1, or none of those players, they will likely hold a scholartship and possibly offer a fringe prospect, like Delano Hill.  I'm personally hoping for Green and Treadwell.  I think that'd guarantee a top-5 class.

You guys are almost virtually guaranteed a top 5 class anyway. Looking at MzQuay's top 3 it's you guys, USC and Vandy. USC is full and Vandy is not real competition if you guys want him so I hope you guys get McQuay and we get Treadwell.

The thing with McQuay is that he is really into music/sound engineering, as he wants to produce music after he graduates.  Vandy has one of the top programs for that in the country, which is why he is so high on them... Michigan does not have the same program.  It's the same uphill battle Michigan faced with EJ Levenberry, who loved UM, but wanted criminal justice, which FSU had the #1 program.  I think Vandy has a spot for McQuay's teammate, too.  I think he ultimately ends up at Vandy, of all places.  And, to be honest, I think Michigan needs Treadwell more than McQuay right now...  I wish they could all be part of this class!  We're not used to recruiting like SEC teams up North, lol

You guys are almost virtually guaranteed a top 5 class anyway. Looking at MzQuay's top 3 it's you guys, USC and Vandy. USC is full and Vandy is not real competition if you guys want him so I hope you guys get McQuay and we get Treadwell.

More good news on the horizon?

quote:

Justin Hokanson ?@JHokanson

Spoke to Illinois 4-star WR Laquon Treadwell tonight. Update tomorrow, official to Auburn likely.

Yes, just that he will take an official to us.  No game picked out yet. 

More good news on the horizon?

quote:

Justin Hokanson ?@JHokanson

Spoke to Illinois 4-star WR Laquon Treadwell tonight. Update tomorrow, official to Auburn likely.

Our coaches are doing a tremendous job of recruiting this year and with that I am thrilled that LT will visit, but IMO it will take some doing to get him on our side. But with these coaches nothing is out of reach....    :we:

so i looked up leon mcquay's rivals and i thought i was looking at some prospect from class of 85. that is one funny pic. :laugh:

so i looked up leon mcquay's rivals and i thought i was looking at some prospect from class of 85. that is one funny pic. :laugh:

138982.png&w=350&h=254

MCQUAYLEON_150_5_24.JPG

We're running low on spots and yet we have a lot of talent that are eyeing us. Is there even a legit chance weget Treadwell with Robinson already committed and possibly Kearse as well?

We're running low on spots and yet we have a lot of talent that are eyeing us. Is there even a legit chance weget Treadwell with Robinson already committed and possibly Kearse as well?

Yes. We are in "best available mode right now." Auburn has been 2nd the whole time without him even ever visiting yet. That should tell you something....oh and he said Meeeechigan is not as big of a leader as people think.

Yes. We are in "best available mode right now." Auburn has been 2nd the whole time without him even ever visiting yet. That should tell you something....oh and he said Meeeechigan is not as big of a leader as people think.

Well if we were to get him, including likes of Kearse, Matthews, Bryant, and Adams, that nearly fills up this class, correct?

Well if we were to get him, including likes of Kearse, Matthews, Bryant, and Adams, that nearly fills up this class, correct?

Not necessarily. Bird thinks we get 22-25.

Is that including early enrolee's?

Is that including early enrolee's?

Three of those would count back to the 2012 class.

It doesn't matter if they count back, we are working against the overall 85 limit

It does matter for future years in the roll up value. Let's say we sign 23 and 3 count back to 2012. That is 20 players for the 2013 class. That would leave room for us to sign 30 players in 2014 with 5 EEs counting in 2013 if we had room under the 85 to do all that. In short maximizing EEs and how to count them always matters.

It doesn't matter if they count back, we are working against the overall 85 limit

It does matter for future years in the roll up value. Let's say we sign 23 and 3 count back to 2012. That is 20 players for the 2013 class. That would leave room for us to sign 30 players in 2014 with 5 EEs counting in 2013 if we had room under the 85 to do all that. In short maximizing EEs and how to count them always matters.

Thanks for explaining this, nevermind my pm on this subject.  Appreciated.

No information from LT, what is his status with the good guys?

Nothing new since his Ole Miss visit.

Rivals 100 WR Laquon Treadwell says officials he plans to take are #OleMiss #OkieSt #Oklahoma #Auburn. Maybe see #Florida also

Archived