2013 5* WR Laquon Treadwell

Guest EagleDamnWar

Guest EagleDamnWar

Laquon Treadwill is 6'3" 183lb WR from Crete, Illinois.  He is 4 star on rivals, ranked the #5 WR and #39 overall.  Top group is Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Illinois.

Won MVP honors at the Nike Football Training Camp at the University of Illinois

Rivals: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Laquon-Treadwell-127250

247: http://247sports.com/Player/Laquon-Treadwell-13432

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EagleDamnWar

At the 5 star challenge, Laquon says Auburn is picking up their interest and he plans an official visit in the fall.

Where in the heck are we gonna put all of these guys?

Just going after all of them!!

Where in the heck are we gonna put all of these guys?

Just because we are going after a lot of kids doesn't mean they are going to sign with us. This way the coaches can be very selective of who they will allow to sign and commit to us, which makes the quality of the players go up.

I love our situation now as compared to back in the days of the BBQ Gang. We be seriously 'cruiting! :we:

Guest EagleDamnWar

"I have been talking to Auburn a lot and I am probably going to be going on an official there," Treadwell said. "One of my (youth) coaches lives down there now in Alabama and is thinking about taking me down there. It's a good football school and they've got a good recruiting class right now."

I love our situation now as compared to back in the days of the BBQ Gang. We be seriously 'cruiting! :we:

The recruiting game has changed, is changing, and it isn't just at Auburn. In some ways, it is like the wild west out there. Think about Urban Meyer and the gentleman's agreement the Big Ten coaches had about not recruiting a player that had verbally committed to another Big Ten school before he came to tOHS. Things are changing all over with recruiting.

From KK...It looks like we've made Laquon Treadwell a priority for our 2nd WR spot in this class and he's very interested.

From KK...It looks like we've made Laquon Treadwell a priority for our 2nd WR spot in this class and he's very interested.

ellitor, you been reading td again? Read a little there for first time tonight so glad for AE. KK info only thing there?

ellitor, you been reading td again? Read a little there for first time tonight so glad for AE. KK info only thing there?

Jonesy posts there some to.

I can get all that here, without the trash talk from all the rival team's fans.

You are right you can because sometimes they say things over there and do not have time to bring it over here so I bring our insiders good info over.

You are right you can because sometimes they say things over there and do not have time to bring it over here so I bring our insiders good info over.

And we thank you for that ell  :bow:

I used to go to td, till they mentioned AE, and I came here. Thank god for AE. War Eagle!

And we thank you for that ell  :bow:

yep thanks a bunch

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rivals Chat: " I thought Treadwell really had a strong weekend. I have obviously seen him several times in the past, but I think this was his best performance. He did not have any of the drops we have seen out of him before and he was doing as good a job, if not better, than the other big receivers at getting open against those elite CB's"

"I still see Michigan as the team to beat, but there is a long way to go in that recruitment. He was getting advised by some of the prospects who committed early to wait on making his commitment... and he seemed to be listening. Oklahoma State and Auburn are the two schools he seemed to be vibing on most outside of Michigan"

Laquon Treadwell was the best at the B2G Elite Camp Day 1

Top performers

1. Laquon Treadwell, WR, there were a few prospects that stood out and none were more impressive than Treadwell. He impressed due to his length and springy athleticism. He has good strength and competes for every ball. Whether he’s breaking down a defender’s cushion vertically or making plays over the middle, he was a difficult matchup for defenders.

Guest EagleDamnWar

From Rivals on his performance at B2G camp where that had him at #2 offensive performer: "He doesn't have explosive speed but he's a big target and comes down with a lot of balls against smaller defensive backs. Treadwell is a deep threat, too, because he can sneak behind defenders and was useful that way on Friday. "

From Rivals on his performance at B2G camp where that had him at #2 offensive performer: "He doesn't have explosive speed but he's a big target and comes down with a lot of balls against smaller defensive backs. Treadwell is a deep threat, too, because he can sneak behind defenders and was useful that way on Friday. "

Are Treadwell and Earnest Robinson Clones? lol

Are Treadwell and Earnest Robinson Clones? lol

Sounds like it, doesn't it? Seems like our coaches are going after receivers with a particular body type and skill set.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Adam Gorney @adamgorney

Laquon Treadwell said at the B2G Elite Camp that #Michigan is the team to beat

Guest EagleDamnWar

B2G Elite Camp Day 2:

For the second day in a row, Treadwell set the bar at the wide receiver position. Treadwell’s size was very tough to handle for defensive backs and he dominated jump ball situations in red zone one-on-ones. He is a prospect that competes at a high level despite his high profile nationally. He works hard in drill work and comes to battle on every rep in one-on-ones. This weekend he lived up to his billing as one of the nation’s top receivers.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan State, Illinois, Michigan, Notre Damn and Auburn.  Will take an official to Auburn.  Michigan is team to beat, has visited there 8 times.

Archived