New article on auburn scout page from Montgomery Advisor

Tigerfinz

This makes me sick!!! Josh Moon is obviously taking blatant shots at Auburn as a whole!!! Not just the football program!  What a jerk Turd!!! Can't stand him!!!

He already lost his talk show on the radio and that rag of a paper will be gone soon aand he will learn that no  one cares what hee thinks

He already lost his talk show on the radio and that rag of a paper will be gone soon aand he will learn that no  one cares what hee thinks

Then don't post about his articles on a forum... I'm just saying.

I don't like him. At all. I got my gig at the Advertiser purely by destroying his logic in an article he wrote a few years back. I didn't continue there because it was crap pay for horrible assignments, and I don't think anyone there liked me because I showed Moon up to get the job and hadn't paid my dues like they did.

The saddest part is that the sports section is the only reason the paper is still in print. That's why they have so many sports writers and cover the majority of the rest of the paper with articles taken from the AP. Moon is probably the best writer there...which says a lot more about the quality of "journalists" than it does about Moon.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure no one there likes Auburn, at least not from the way they talked about Kodi.

While he flamed the issue up quite a bit, unfortunately, everything Moon wrote is basically true, though he left out ZP I think. 

In my mind, the issue is that these athletes need to have some judgement about what they do...and there needs to be more peer pressure from the team leaders to enforce a higher standard of behavior.   It's not Moon making the AU program look bad....he's just the carrier of a message that AU fans don't want publicized.

This is kinda like the Penn State fans all mad at the media because they are making PSU look bad....how dare those biased writers say this kind of stuff about JoePa ....he helped pay for the new library.

But don't worry, Moon will  have another article soon covering the criminal activity at UAT..

This is kinda like the Penn State fans all mad at the media because they are making PSU look bad....how dare those biased writers say this kind of stuff about JoePa ....he helped pay for the new library.

Kinda sorta...but then again, not really. The issue, which you hit on with your sarcastic last sentence, is that if the shoe were on the other foot and it was Alabama going through these things, the state media would bury the stories, if Saban didn't lock it down before it became public.

Moon is an idiot. He is finebaum lite and models himself after finebaum. I've read his little flames off and on for years and he is just a moron that trys to incite people with inflamatory editorials with little real analysis. He flames the turds every once in a while, but basically he is a drowning man just trying to keep his head above water by trying to get noticed every once in a while.

I would not be surprised to find out he is on the same payroll from bama boosters that his buddy Cecil Hurt is on.  Seems like an obvious attempt to deflect the positive news about the RF switch and an attempt to stop AU momentum. 

What was wrong about the article? If you take off your O & b Glasses is it not a disturbing trend? He is just calling it like he see's it.

What he wrote was absolutely true.

BUT,

Why keep putting stuff like this before the world's eyes every chance you get?  That is what pisses me off. Every single thing that happens in Auburn is magnified to the nth degree. But, let a known thug in McClain fire a weapon next to guys head in public, or hit a guy with a car and then with your band of thugs come back and beat him senseless, and we hear crickets. It's the bias that is the issue, not the content.

With success comes attention (and scrutiny).  If they're not writing about you, it's because no one cares.  Therefore, take any elements of truth that might be there and deal with them and better yourself.  Everything else gets deep sixed.  It's the price of success.

If these things had not happened...it would not be in the news.  Gotta be careful about shooting the messenger.  JMO but I expect Chiz is far more upset about what some of his players have done than the fact that it's in a newspaper under the byline of a bama sycophant.  Need to keep some perspective I think.  This is waaay more than 'boys will be boy' stuff.

I may be old school AU alum, but what I read was his spin on the circumstances at AU now. We have to go back to the Terry Bowden era to find something comparable. Let's get our mess cleaned up and move on. I was not offended  and believe doing away with athlete dorms back in the 80's resulted in less control by the coaches. Josh rubs it in sometimes but we shouldn't have wrapped up should a nice package to hand him either. We should toughen up and address the issue even if we have to lose some stars in the process.

Josh Moon is a tool's tool. By his own admission, he'd rather watch America's Got Talent than a football game. He is so wrapped up in what he thinks and so fixated on the words "I just thnk"..he's a clown with a platform and he has no qualms with showing his rear end. This piece is simply piling on Auburn and to what end? Its called taking the low road looking for the low hanging fruit. I dropped my subscription to that "rag" over 10 years ago and haven't missed it even a little bit since!

What was wrong about the article? If you take off your O & b Glasses is it not a disturbing trend? He is just calling it like he see's it.

I read the article and I have to agree with you.

Its all about timing folks. Weeman's daughter get slapped with a civil suit after doing her on slapping and Mr. Foster decides to switch his commit to Auburn from Harvey U. That means it time to crank up the old spin machine and rehash everything that has went on at Auburn during the last 2 years...4 years...20 years or whatever it takes. Now yes, the stuff printed is true, I'd just like to ask anyone how often do you see any of Harvey U's past transgressions get rehashed months or even sometimes years after they've happened? Heck, the bammers that I work with wouldn't even know they were on probation if it weren't for me reminding them everytime they let their inner Harvey shine.

SMT has it covered. If the media controls your story, get focus on another story. DEFLECTION. MESSAGE BY PROXY. Taught in the first hour, of your first day when newly employed by a PR firm. Orientation.

If you do not control your own message, someone else will. A lesson I hope, WE HAVE LEARNED.

Its all about timing folks. Weeman's daughter get slapped with a civil suit after doing her on slapping and Mr. Foster decides to switch his commit to Auburn from Harvey U. That means it time to crank up the old spin machine and rehash everything that has went on at Auburn during the last 2 years...4 years...20 years or whatever it takes. Now yes, the stuff printed is true, I'd just like to ask anyone how often do you see any of Harvey U's past transgressions get rehashed months or even sometimes years after they've happened? Heck, the bammers that I work with wouldn't even know they were on probation if it weren't for me reminding them everytime they let their inner Harvey shine.

Since you brought up Saban's daughter, why is it that this assault happened last fall and we are just now hearing about it?  Covered up or smothered by Saban or the bammer media, as mentioned in a previous post.

Since you brought up Saban's daughter, why is it that this assault happened last fall and we are just now hearing about it?  Covered up or smothered by Saban or the bammer media, as mentioned in a previous post.

Exactly!  They covered it up just like they have been doing since Saban got that process working.

Seems that Saban's daughter was never arrested because the "victim" did want to press charges. 

http://www.abc27.com/story/19018580/police-coach-sabans-daughter-was-never-charged

Guys....please quit all the crying on this site about the mean old state media.  I'm a serious AU fan but this stuff is down right pitiful.  If our guys behave themselves, they will stay out of jail and stay out of the newspapers.  It's pretty easy.

Seems that Saban's daughter was never arrested because the "victim" did want to press charges.   

http://www.abc27.com/story/19018580/police-coach-sabans-daughter-was-never-charged

Guys....please quit all the crying on this site about the mean old state media.  I'm a serious AU fan but this stuff is down right pitiful.   If our guys behave themselves, they will stay out of jail and stay out of the newspapers.  It's pretty easy.

Feel free to buy all the BS you want but just because there were no charges filed doesn't mean there wasn't a police report. If the police get called to your house for domestic violence and nobody presses charges that doesn't mean there is no report of the incident. Maybe some of the resident police officers on this board can correct me if I'm wrong. If so I appologize in advance.

As for the actions of "our boys," like I said, there is a difference between reporting the news than continually having certain subjects rehashed everytime something good happens for Auburn or something bad happens in Turdaloser.

And what's Saban's daughter got to do with the UAT football program?

Archived