New article on auburn scout page from Montgomery Advisor

Tigerfinz

And what's Saban's daughter got to do with the UAT football program?

No one has said she had anything to do with the UAT football program.  But that was news that was unflattering to bama because of who she is, news that was not released to the public that just recently was made public only because of the civil law suit.  It is not the best example of the in-state media bias but it follows suit with what many of us complain about. 

Point is, no charges were filed back in 2010.....and young Miss Saban is a private individual and college student....so why would anyone figure this should be "news"?  That kind of stuff happens every day on college campuses. 

JMO, but if everytime an AU athlete, or their girl friend, or parent were to have a "discussion" with the police, or the police were called to a frat party where football players were attending.... and it showed up in the paper, we might be even more embarrassed.  Until it's a legal matter, Miss Saban does have a right to be left alone....and in my view at least, even now, there is no reason that anything about her should be running on Auburn sports blogs.

64 is extremely worried about Ms. Saban being left alone. Were you as worried about Cam,the coaches and the players being left alone from the lies,slanders, and innuendoes? Were you worried about the negativity directed at AU for NO reason during this media blitz against our school? Sometimes it's not a conspiracy,it's simply a fact. The media in this state is biased towards bama,and has beeen since I have been on this earth. I work with a bama grad and he laughs at the stuff that doesn't hit the papers in Tuscaloosa. In othe word,McClains' actions surprised nobody that was in the know in T town. But you never read anything negative about him while he was there,did you?

Just for the record, Miss Saban is not on athletic scholarship and plays no sports. 

There is no question that AU's players, coaches, etc got the shaft...but that has nothing to do with Miss Saban's problems.

And as for the bama athlete's problems, I see things about them from time to time but in general, I have no interest in their program, their players or their coaching staff and would not go out of my way to read anything about them.

In my view at least....this is different and Miss Saban should have as much right to privacy as does any other student at either university.

I have no interest in their program, their players or their coaching staff and would not go out of my way to read anything about them.

In my view at least....this is different and Miss Saban should have as much right to privacy as does any other student at either university.

Aw hell no, double "NO".  Disagree whole heartedly.  I have the right to know what will help smear the UpDykes and reserve the right to share with whomever I please, including info about the daughter of THE representative of UpDykeland.

I only wish there was a rag at the end of the grocery checkout called "Bama Inquirer" for inquiring minds.  It would be the trash rag to beat all others and make Michael Jackson jealous if he were alive.   :partey:

"Why would this be news?" :-\

Because it was reported.

Because it happened.

Because there is a pending court case.

Not a person here went to Turdtown and "outed" the young lady.

She pled guilty before a student disciplinary committee. Not me, not you , but HER.

Pleading guilty means........SHE DID IT.

Often people here love to post how kind they are because they would never dare say anything about another school or anyone involved because, oh gee, it could happen to anyone.

Because people discuss an item in the news doesn't mean they are starting rumors, punching people in the face or forbid, discussing something that happned.

It is an event, whether anyone likes it or not. People will discuss it.

When people live in a fishbowl, people watch the fish.

Through her own actions and words, more than one time in the past, she has placed herself dead center of any conversation that happens surrounding this. What goes around, comes around and someone should tell her it is back.

Are you in love with this turdgirl or something?  :dunno:

Sorry  ...weegle, this is a bit crude, and has nothing to do with the issue.  My point was and is that some of the stuff on AE is sounding just like the stuff generated from some of the bammer sites.  I alway hoped AU stood a little taller but ....maybe not. 

As for her being in a fishbowl, it's her father in the fishbowl....she is just a college student (and not even an athlete)  and college students do stupid things....I mean you can probably check the Auburn city police reports each week and see what they respond to if you have any doubts. 

@KSABAN The winner of the SEC athlete of the year NOT CAM NEWTON.

Actual tweet from the young person.

An oven is hot, best not put your hand in it.

That could also be described as putting your little fin in the fishbowl.

Rightly or wrongly, infamous, famous people and their families will be talked about in the news when something they do is reported. If they do not know this, someone needs to tell them.

It isn't rumor or gossip, oh say like "as the plains burn" was. It is fact. Actions have ramifactions and she is finding that out. Just like AU players and students have found themselves in the media. If the argument can be made that they deserved it, why doesn't she? She does.

I find the unwillingness to speak out and demand more equitable media coverage in this state, quite pathetic myself.

I will give her this, all she did was put a beat down on another female student.  It is not like she did something as hideous as climbing over a fence to go for a swim at a public pool after hours during a heat wave.

Notice which one was a crime and which one was not?

I will give her this, all she did was put a beat down on another female student.  It is not like she did something as hideous as climbing over a fence to go for a swim at a public pool after hours during a heat wave.

:thumbsup::bow: Perfect dpwspringer, perfect !

Along those same lines, did any newspaper ever report when a couple of the bama players tried to stab each other last year after fighting each other and vandalizing each other's property? can't remember for sure who it was but was it Hart and Duron C? I remember it happening, but little if any actual reporting and certainly not rehashing of it. Goes for Rolo McClain and his attempted murder that was ignored. And yes, firing a gun by someone's ear, beating them up to the point where they need to be surgically repaired and hitting them with your vehicle is attempted murder as far as I am concerned.

The bias in the local media and their reporting is not just a perception fallacy. It exists.

Along those same lines, did any newspaper ever report when a couple of the bama players tried to stab each other last year after fighting each other and vandalizing each other's property? can't remember for sure who it was but was it Hart and Duron C? I remember it happening, but little if any actual reporting and certainly not rehashing of it. Goes for Rolo McClain and his attempted murder that was ignored. And yes, firing a gun by someone's ear, beating them up to the point where they need to be surgically repaired and hitting them with your vehicle is attempted murder as far as I am concerned.

The bias in the local media and their reporting is not just a perception fallacy. It exists.

If the sports media put half as much time into misdeeds(actually what they reported about their 44 secondary violations, including 16 in the football program from 2009-2011) that take place in Tuscaloosa, as they do to us, I would be satisfied with that. But it is more like 90-10%, and that might be not even enough as far as a percentage goes. Wonder if any of the media would ask CNS why he didn't suspend RM for beating up someone, or ask him who were the other players involved, and what punishment was handed down to any of them? Know the answer but would be good to see the question asked. Back in 2010, his infamous "pimp comment", he said "If it ever came out about what all went on with Andre Smith, and the agent, it would be detrimental to Alabama football." Somehow, no one asked what he meant by that comment. Why not? That seems like a logical question to ask, since he brought it up.

Are you in love with this turdgirl or something?  :dunno:

Sorry  ...weegle, this is a bit crude, and has nothing to do with the issue.  My point was and is that some of the stuff on AE is sounding just like the stuff generated from some of the bammer sites.  I alway hoped AU stood a little taller but ....maybe not.  As for her being in a fishbowl, it's her father in the fishbowl....she is just a college student (and not even an athlete)  and college students do stupid things....I mean you can probably check the Auburn city police reports each week and see what they respond to if you have any doubts. 

From the looks of some of the topics & discussion that end up on here, I have my doubts as well.

No one can change the perception of Auburn and the AU program but Auburn people.  If we don't give them something to talk about, we won't end up in the papers.  It's pretty simple. 

If the sports media put half as much time into misdeeds(actually what they reported about their 44 secondary violations, including 16 in the football program from 2009-2011) that take place in Tuscaloosa, as they do to us, I would be satisfied with that. But it is more like 90-10%, and that might be not even enough as far as a percentage goes. Wonder if any of the media would ask CNS why he didn't suspend RM for beating up someone, or ask him who were the other players involved, and what punishment was handed down to any of them? Know the answer but would be good to see the question asked. Back in 2010, his infamous "pimp comment", he said "If it ever came out about what all went on with Andre Smith, and the agent, it would be detrimental to Alabama football." Somehow, no one asked what he meant by that comment. Why not? That seems like a logical question to ask, since he brought it up.

Saban shuts out the media, he bans his staff from giving the media even a small nugget of information about anything.  His freshmen aren't allowed to say a word to the media.  The players that are allowed to speak sound like robots that have been brainwashed and that talk the "company line".  The UAT public relations folks obviously do an outstanding job of controling anything and everything that leaks out to the public.  They control things from the get-go, they dictate the tone and the perception they want the public to see and hear. 

I see nothing wrong with that, and I think we (Auburn PR dept) should take a lesson.  If it takes beefing up our school of journalism so that we crank out more journalism majors, then so be it.  Because whatever our PR people are doing is NOT working!

Saban shuts out the media, he bans his staff from giving the media even a small nugget of information about anything.  His freshmen aren't allowed to say a word to the media.  The players that are allowed to speak sound like robots that have been brainwashed and that talk the "company line".  The UAT public relations folks obviously do an outstanding job of controling anything and everything that leaks out to the public.  They control things from the get-go, they dictate the tone and the perception they want the public to see and hear. 

I see nothing wrong with that, and I think we (Auburn PR dept) should take a lesson.  If it takes beefing up our school of journalism so that we crank out more journalism majors, then so be it.  Because whatever our PR people are doing is NOT working!

Pacific Institute baby, Pacific Institute.  ;D:laugh:

:-\

CGC plays his cards as close to the vest as possible. He says no or no less than the short little poot does. The way the media treats what is said makes up the greatest difference.

Did you read more in the Alabama media about the NCAA not finding anything to all the Cam Newton Rumors including AU or did you hear more about CGC asking Julie Roe Lach (spelling?) when they would be finished with the rape, at last years SEC coaches meetings in Destiny? I can answer that for you if you are not aware.

Which one of those events had the most news quality?

Which one of those got the most news quantity?

The answers to the those questions are not the same.

When people refuse to comprehend the news coverage disparity and acknowledge it, to me it is the equivalent of an ostrich hiding its' head in the sand. The rear end is EXPOSED.

:-\

CGC plays his cards as close to the vest as possible. He says no or no less than the short little poot does. The way the media treats what is said makes up the greatest difference.

Did you read more in the Alabama media about the NCAA not finding anything to all the Cam Newton Rumors including AU or did you hear more about CGC asking Julie Roe Lach (spelling?) when they would be finished with the rape, at last years SEC coaches meetings in Destiny? I can answer that for you if you are not aware.

Which one of those events had the most news quality?

Which one of those got the most news quantity?

The answers to the those questions are not the same.

When people refuse to comprehend the news coverage disparity and acknowledge it, to me it is the equivalent of an ostrich hiding its' head in the sand. The rear end is EXPOSED.

What's the solution then?  :dunno:

Honest to goodness, I'm at a loss as to what avenues the AU Administration needs to take at this time.

The willingness to do it, imo, is a great start. A recent statement made by a young man when an announcement was made is a great example. The words used by someone previously were used to send a message. That my friend is excellent work, you used their own words, so you cannot be accused of anything anymore inflammatory of what they've already done. That is fine work.

I've used this example before, but think of the massive coverage CGC got when he questioned an NCAA official at last years Destin SEC meetings. Think of the minuscule coverage the NCAA not finding anything with the Cam BS received. If people do not acknowledge a difference, they are blind, bammers or clueless.

That is the disparity in coverage you have to deal with. By any standard of public image work, that is a tall standard to overcome.

Self-produced content helps drive your own message. Ultimately, a network of our own and I'm not talking about the efforts for broadcast rights we have now. I mean a multimedia effort of broadcast TV, radio and online content with Auburn University programming from the tiddlywinks team to the football team. There are probably SEC broadcast rights to overcome in doing that not to mention an absolutely MASSIVE amount of cash.

It could be done on a smaller scale at first of radio/online content.

In the past, it has never seemed that a lot of folks think that is the "Auburn way". It doesn't mean  you do it classless, but times change folks. If you do not keep up with that,you get run over by it. If that isn't true, then people must be happy with our PR efforts. If they are,they aren't paying attention.

Edit: There has been a whole lot of talk about the SEC Network at SEC Media Days. They did a soft opening with the crowd, talking about it with individual writers without giving a huge rollout. ESPN is the obvious leader from a pre existing contract point of view. If the SEC partner is ESPN in launching a network, in the long run, IT MIGHT temper the BSPN AU criticism. IT MIGHT, not a given, but the potential exist.

Seems that Saban's daughter was never arrested because the "victim" did want to press charges. 

http://www.abc27.com/story/19018580/police-coach-sabans-daughter-was-never-charged

Guys....please quit all the crying on this site about the mean old state media.  I'm a serious AU fan but this stuff is down right pitiful.  If our guys behave themselves, they will stay out of jail and stay out of the newspapers.  It's pretty easy.

Feel free to buy all the BS you want but just because there were no charges filed doesn't mean there wasn't a police report. If the police get called to your house for domestic violence and nobody presses charges that doesn't mean there is no report of the incident. Maybe some of the resident police officers on this board can correct me if I'm wrong. If so I appologize in advance.

As for the actions of "our boys," like I said, there is a difference between reporting the news than continually having certain subjects rehashed everytime something good happens for Auburn or something bad happens in Turdaloser.

If the police get called out for a domestic dispute of any type, someone is going to spend the night in jail for nothing more than to defuse the anger between participants, reguardless of charges or not. It’s just how they do things. It keeps things from escalating and the cops from having to come out again, to possibly an even worse situation.

:devil: Daughter probably spent the night in the anger box at the city jail for this reason alone. Reguardless of charges or not.

Archived