Danny Sheridan at it again....

pologuy24

Mike Raita (ABC 33/40) made a point about Auburn and the investigation concerning Cam Newton in 2010. He said that the bigger story was not that the NCAA didn't find anything wrong regarding Auburn's recruitment of Cam but they found nothing that would suggest that Auburn has done anything relative to any violations within the football program. Don't go away mad Danny...just go away!  :laugh:

How did the NCAA's investigation of Mississippi State's attempt to buy Cam Newton's sevices for $180,000 turn out? :dunno:

Good question. :dunno:

Not the NCAA but I read that the state of Mississippi said there was a loop hole for charging Kenny Rogers under their sports agents laws and they had to rewrite some portion of it.  When I read it sounded like bs and a way to keep MSU out of trouble because they had him with saved phone messages, emails, and what he, Bonds, and Bell has said in interviews.

So, because of Mississippi state laws that were in place the NCAA couldn't touch MSU/Bell/Bond/Rogers or any of their staff that were trying to cut a deal with Cecil?  No NCAA investigation was ever done at MSU.

But somehow the NCAA found they had jursidiction in Pennsylvania in a criminal case and handed down the sanctions and penalties at PSU.  No NCAA investigation was ever done at PSU.

Weird

I'm not sure your facts are correct. I believe the two MSU booster's were contacted by Rogers, but they were not interested in coming up with any money for Cam. If they had come up with some, Cam would have gone to Miss. St. Imo. It's not against the law, or NCAA rules, to turn down buying a player.

More to it than that, something about still recruiting a player when you know that his father was shopping him. along with some other questionable practices from the athletic dept that had me scratching my head.

THAT was my only issue in that whole situation. After a huge number is thrown out, that was reported anyways, why do you continue to recruit him until the day he signs with us? If nything, that is what the NCAA should have looked into IMO.

I just don't like seeing Miss. St. have false accusations levied against them like what happened to us. IMO Dan Mullen never wanted this story to come out. It served no good for them either. The piece of ish at Ohio St. was the "wizard" IMO, and I hope he gets exactly what he deserves.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DannySheridan1 bagman update saga coming up in late august. btw, you'll see then what I said was 100% truthful..as in 100%!

I think DS is and has been playing word games/semantics. Everything he said could very well have been true AND there still was no NCAA violation. I think he intentionally created a lot of innuendo and made people think/report he said something he did not.

If you listen close to what he says, this is very plausible and what I think happened:

1. Some Bammer, with no real evidence, made up something and called the NCAA and Gave them a name

2. Same Bammer calls DS and tells him who the NCAA is investigating as the bagman.

(one of the oldest tricks in the book, reporters get this often, may have even tried it myself)

3. DS tells everyone he knows who the NCAA is investigating as the bagman

4. NCAA investigates, finds claim unfounded, no evidence to support it at all

5. Sheridan reports that the only way NCAA can get a conviction is if the bagman confesses. (because there is no evidence to support the claim and nobody will confess to something they did not do)

6. According to the scathing NCAA press release, they called DS, says he offers no evidence and in fact was probing them for information

7. Sheridan may reveal the name of the person he was told was the bagman (who has long since been cleared by NCAA).

"He can do the innuedno, he can dance and sing,

in the end, he hasn't told us a thing"

Didn't DS say (last time) that his source was a member of the NCAA? For some reason, I was thinking that's what gave so many the belief that the "bagman" was going to be revealed.

Yes, it is possible that DS has a source within the NCAA that confirmed to him one of the names of the people the NCAA was investigating as the bagman.

My guess is that the Bammer reported alleged Bagman to the NCAA and then called Sheridan and told him who the NCAA was investigating.

DS then called his NCAA source and told him he knew who the bagman was OR he acted like he was reporting to the NCAA the name of the Bagman and, in the course of conversation, the NCAA source confirmed to him (probably vaguely or loosely at best) that they already had that person's name (which Sheridan knew when he called).

Remember, in the NCAA press release, they stated DS had nothing and was in fact, probing them for information.

It was not any big leak, because DS already told THEM the name of the man. However, even a rookie investigator would have pretended that was the first time they had ever heard the name DS mentioned, so I would not discount that the DS is stretching things when he said his NCAA source told him that..

It is an old old political trick.  Make a claim about an opponent. Report it to the DA, ethics commission, etc. Call the media and tell them the ethics commision is investigating your opponent. Boom, you have a story. Once reported in the media, other media outlets begin repeating the initial report and beging asking their own questions. By the time the guy is cleared, the election, or in our case, NSD, has passed.

Your theory contradicted by NCAA statement:

"Danny Sheridan continues to make vague, unsubstantiated claims without backing them up with proof. Contrary to his claims of having an inside source with details on the Auburn investigation, the NCAA has not provided information to Sheridan or anyone else. As a matter of due diligence, the NCAA spoke with Sheridan this week to determine if he had any facts pertaining to the investigation. Sheridan, however, did not provide any information to the enforcement staff and certainly did not provide a name. Instead, he unsuccessfully attempted to gather information for his own use."

Yes, that is what I pointed out in the sentence above the one you referenced in my post.

In the part you referenced, I was talking about when DS initially contacted his source at the NCAA, when the so called NCAA "leak"  to DS first occurred. 

The press release you quote came after a subsequent exchange between DS and the NCAA.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

• 5 weeks later...

@DannySheridan1 bagman update saga coming up in late august. btw, you'll see then what I said was 100% truthful..as in 100%!

I just thought I would point out that today is the last day of August and DS has yet to reveal the identity of the bagman. I for one am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you. :laugh:

I just thought I would point out that today is the last day of August and DS has yet to reveal the identity of the bagman. I for one am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you. :laugh:

sheridan meant August 2026 or maybe 2027.

Well, he's still got 12 hours or so.

In regards to M$U, Kenny Rogers was forced to "disassociate" from them. Whatever else, if anything, happened to them it was never made public.

My recollection is that it was never determined whether State boosters would have come up with the money or not. Remember Cecil's statement a day after Cam signed? (published in the Opelika-Auburn News, among others) "At MSU, Cam would have been nothing but a rented mule." That didn't seem important at the time, but after the crap started I always thought that statement meant that Cecil decided to do the right thing and turned down the money, particularly after Cam kept insisting that he wanted to attend Auburn.

Archived