Anyone have any practice info?

war3ag13

That was one of the biggest things I missed when the forums were down... Anyone have any info or quotes or tweets?

Sorry if already posted or in wrong section. Still getting used to everything.

Insight....anyone, come'on guys we have been without for quite awhile, please. I am extremely appreciative of all the people here that add value to being an Auburn Tiger.

Chris Goodgame

Here's a few things I've learned during the down time:

Offense:

Scot Loeffler will be calling plays from the booth this season. Clint's arm is still crappy. Wallace has been taking the 2nd team snaps at QB. KF will undoubtedly be the starter, although I think that has nothing to do with Clint's shoulder. Quan Bray and Trovon Reed have been stepping up in practice. OMac and Mason have been limited in practices by the coaches because they are the first 2 options. The OLine has been fluid because Grimes is still feeling out his young talent. I'd say the starters up front for Game 1 will be Robinson, Sullen, Dismukes, Kozan, and Slade barring injuries of course. I do expect the OLine to be fluid during the season as well.

Defense:

Jonathan Evans has moved into the starting lineup at LB, along with Holland and Bates. Ford, Lemonier, and Whitaker will be starters on the DL; still waiting on another DT to step up. Whitehead and Ryan Smith are running 1st team at the safety positions. Therezie and Florence are banged up. Davis has been sidelined as well. Your starting corners will most likely be Therezie and Davis, though.

Too many videos to post so here's some links for your viewing pleasure:

Chizik and players

Loeffler and VanGorder interviews

Here's a few things I've learned during the down time:

Offense:

Scot Loeffler will be calling plays from the booth this season. Clint's arm is still crappy. Wallace has been taking the 2nd team snaps at QB. KF will undoubtedly be the starter, although I think that has nothing to do with Clint's shoulder. Quan Bray and Trovon Reed have been stepping up in practice. OMac and Mason have been limited in practices by the coaches because they are the first 2 options. The OLine has been fluid because Grimes is still feeling out his young talent. I'd say the starters up front for Game 1 will be Robinson, Sullen, Dismukes, Kozan, and Slade barring injuries of course. I do expect the OLine to be fluid during the season as well.

Defense:

Jonathan Evans has moved into the starting lineup at LB, along with Holland and Bates. Ford, Lemonier, and Whitaker will be starters on the DL; still waiting on another DT to step up. Whitehead and Ryan Smith are running 1st team at the safety positions. Therezie and Florence are banged up. Davis has been sidelined as well. Your starting corners will most likely be Therezie and Davis, though.

Too many videos to post so here's some links for your viewing pleasure:

Chizik and players

Loeffler and VanGorder interviews

Good stuff. Thanks for that!

Holland and Whitaker, in particular, have gotten some praise. I think that could be huge, in both cases.

As goes our MLB, so goes the defense, so Holland's success is perhaps more crucial than anybody else's.

And Whitaker is a guy who showed up ready to anchor the line, but for whatever reason wasn't a huge factor last season. He's already a clubhouse leader, now we need him to bring the pain. We've got talent and depth on the line, but they need an alpha dog. Hopefully he's that guy.

JW was double teamed alot last year as there was really no other threat on the interior. Of course Trd Roof's defensive scheme had a little to do with that. I look for the same to happen this year at first until our DE's and LB's start getting more sacks, and that WILL happen.

JW was double teamed alot last year as there was really no other threat on the interior. Of course Trd Roof's defensive scheme had a little to do with that. I look for the same to happen this year at first until our DE's and LB's start getting more sacks, and that WILL happen.

Roger that!

T Bell would be a starter at Corner, one of the returning guys and Senior. Unless something has changed.

T Bell will be your guy to come in for Nickel packages. Davis will shift inside to cover the slot, and T Bell will be outside. Considering today's offensive systems and schemes we will be in the Nickel quite a bit. So T Bell will get plenty of time.

Is Kozan a sure thing at right guard? They've switched a lot of guys in and out over the last two weeks. I think CJG is just looking to see what he has. Does this mean Westerman is not in the hunt?

My friends and I used to call Neiko Thorpe toast because he was always getting burned. After hearing how bad Roof's defensive philosophy was, I keep wondering how much of that was actually his fault.

Yeah you should really think about that because what corner played the ball in the air well? What corner wasn't beat alot in the secondary. Safeties as well.

Is Kozan a sure thing at right guard? They've switched a lot of guys in and out over the last two weeks. I think CJG is just looking to see what he has. Does this mean Westerman is not in the hunt?

No, Westerman is definitely in the hunt at guard. Avery Young or Pat Miller could also get the Game 1 start at RT if Coach Grimes decides to play Chad Slade as a RG. Jordan Diamond is also doing well at the guard position.

ETA - My inclination is that Grimes wants experience at RT to start the season though, read Chad Slade.

No, Westerman is definitely in the hunt at guard. Avery Young or Pat Miller could also get the Game 1 start at RT if Coach Grimes decides to play Chad Slade as a RG. Jordan Diamond is also doing well at the guard position.

ETA - My inclination is that Grimes wants experience at RT to start the season though, read Chad Slade.

That's what I was thinking...Slade a right tackle...right guard starter will be an interesting but talented pick, IMHO.

I am certainly glad to hear CBVG have some positive things to say about the defense, and in particular, JH. I know the coaches aren't going to divulge much, if anything, but it sure is encouraging. And man, am I glad to see the site up and running, I sire do like it

I feel like a junkie who just got a long overdo fix.

That's what I was thinking...Slade a right tackle...right guard starter will be an interesting but talented pick, IMHO.

I agree, Slade gets the nod at RT until Diamond, Young, Miller get up to speed. I still think Westerman is going to be the starting RG.

From Mr. Goldberg's twitter

Auburn Gold Mine@AUGoldMine

Auburn's Gene Chizik on practice: "I'd like to see more energy out there. I thought we were sluggish. I wasn't impressed at all."

Gene Chizik on QBs: "There's nobody stepping forward right now. That's disappointing to see. I don't see lot of impressive quarterback play"

Kinda discouraging to hear.

I agree, Slade gets the nod at RT until Diamond, Young, Miller get up to speed. I still think Westerman is going to be the starting RG.

^^^Me too^^^

Auburn's Gene Chizik on practice: "I'd like to see more energy out there. I thought we were sluggish. I wasn't impressed at all."

Gene Chizik on QBs: "There's nobody stepping forward right now. That's disappointing to see. I don't see lot of impressive quarterback play"

Subterfuge at its best...not going to give Daba Daba Do any info...

tumblr_m6jqp4X3j81ryz5mbo2_500.gif

I hope we are hearing just a lot of "coach speak". If it is as bad as they have been making it out to be, it may be a very long year for us.

Archived