Early Florida Voting: Kerry over Bush 56%-39%

CShine

Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney were favored by 49 percent to 46 percent for Kerry and running mate John Edwards among likely Florida voters surveyed by Quinnipiac University pollsters between last Friday and Tuesday. Independent candidate Ralph Nader received 1 percent, while 4 percent said they were still undecided.

"It comes down to three things," assistant poll director Clay Richards said. "Turnout, turnout and turnout."

Among 16 percent of Florida voters who said they had cast early ballots, Kerry received 56 percent of those compared to Bush's 39 percent.

"This puts the pressure on the Bush campaign to get out more votes on Election Day," Richards said.

Quinnipiac surveyed 1,268 Florida registered voters, including 944 who described themselves as likely voters. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2.../29/84842.shtml

Kind of misleading title there don't you think. This is actually just a poll based upon a certain percentage of those that voted eary. I knew that there was something to it because even early votes can't be counted yet as far as I know.

i guess it's over...no need to vote now.

oh wait...the dems already tried that trick last time.

116336[/snapback]

:clap::clap: :clap:

They tried with Dan Rather to disenfranchise the Florida Panhandle by calling the election before voting was over in the panhandle. Did you know that was illegal? Judge in case ruled it was just a STOOPID Mistake. Hey we ARE dealing with Journalists here.

this 'stat' is actually opposite of this interesting find. Of course, this is a decidedly partisan website.

In Florida, the campaign expects Bush to end up with an estimated 100,000 vote advantage among early and absentee voters.

i realize both may be true, given the wording of each.

ct

Hey they haven't counted my or my wifes vote yet.

116389[/snapback]

I would think that most of the people with jobs and a family (GOP) would be waiting for Tuesday. The rest of the homeless and welfare state can come in at their own leisure. Hence the early sKerry advantage. ;)

The dems are doing an excellent job getting people to the poles. I go to FSU and on my way to class one day I walked past a group of people that asked me if I wanted to vote. I was confused as to how I could vote right there but I was running late for class. After class, about 8:30p.m., the people had left and I looked around where they were earlier. There were anti-Bush signs everywhere and on the wall was a Voter bus stop. They were busing people to the court house to early vote strait from campus.

I went to vote at the court house saturday about 11:30 and the line was LONG. So we didn't vote. I'm planning to vote at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Archived