Bush Ad: OK, you caught us. We lied.

CShine

President Bush's campaign acknowledged Thursday that it had doctored a photograph used in a television commercial to remove the president and the podium where he was standing. The campaign said the ad will be re-edited and reshipped to TV stations.

A group of soldiers in the crowd was electronically copied to fill in the space where the president and the podium had been, aides say.

"There was no need to do that," said Mark McKinnon, head of Bush's advertising team who shouldered the blame. "Everyone technically works for me so I accept the responsibility."

The original photograph shows a sea of soldiers sitting behind the president as he stands at a podium just left of the center of the frame.

Democrats said it is fitting that Bush would fabricate an advertising image.

"This administration has always had a problem telling the truth from Iraq to jobs to health care," said Kerry spokesman Joe Lockhart. "The Bush campaign's advertising has been consistently dishonest in what they say. But today, it's been exposed for being dishonest about what we see. If they won't tell the truth in an ad, they won't tell the truth about anything else."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1028bush-ad28-ON.html

Oh my goodness! A campaign picture is not as it seems. We must vote for John Kerry for this horrible act that Bush has committed. John Kerry has not and never would do such a thing. <_< Give me a freakin' break!

ahhhh... nice to see the "Bush Lied Bush LIED!" theme reappear.

now, where's the "Bush Knew...Bush KNEW!" mantra?

real nice to see the kerry campaign pile right on what is otherwise a nonstory.

Ahh however I don't remember any retraction for the placement of bullets into the DNC video during their convention.  Give me a break.

116330[/snapback]

that's different. :rolleyes:

and, btw, please note: bush admitted he made a mistake! so, i guess we can scratch that complaint from the list now? :no:

Archived