AU vs Bama - Player Comparison

YaBoyMaxWeezy

The point is, all I hear is we are still young and still improving...we have 9 talented upper class men that are returning starters yet we have one I the worst defenses in the nation!

That goes hand in hand with having an offense that can't hold onto the ball. Someone showed a stat comparing to lspoo. Their defense has almost 100 snaps less. That's almost 2 games worth!

BVG will have this defense clicking. Leoffler needs to be sent packing.

P.S.

I agree with above post. We need to attack! I think BVG wants to, but Chizik won't let him. Chizik is worried about the big play while teams continue to march down the field on us!

Since you're comparing to uat, they blitz 90% of the time. Do they give up big plays? Sure they do, but it's pretty hard when the QB is running for his life!

I am violating a cardinal rule by questioning your "Bama blitzs 90% of time" stat, when I myself don't know the real stat. That said, I would be hard pressed to believe that UAT or any other school blitzes 90% of the time.

Like Bill Oliver once said, when you Blitz, most of the time the band is going to play. The only question is will it be your band or THEIRS.

You haven't watched many of their games the past couple of years I take it?

Alabama does not blitz 90% of the time. They do get pressure rushing 3 or 4 but they dont bring 5 90% of the time and thats what they'd have to do. Getting penetration doesn't necessarily mean they're blitzing. To qualify as a blitz they have to bring more than 4 players that line up on the line of scrimmage.

I know what a blitz is, and yes they bring more than 4 most of the time, especially on third down.

"Most of the time on 3rd down" hardly constitutes 90% of the time

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, if AU had Saban has HC, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Just my opinion, but for those that wouldn't want to have CNS as HC, that is part of the problem with our administration.

The point is, all I hear is we are still young and still improving...we have 9 talented upper class men that are returning starters yet we have one I the worst defenses in the nation!

That goes hand in hand with having an offense that can't hold onto the ball. Someone showed a stat comparing to lspoo. Their defense has almost 100 snaps less. That's almost 2 games worth!

BVG will have this defense clicking. Leoffler needs to be sent packing.

P.S.

I agree with above post. We need to attack! I think BVG wants to, but Chizik won't let him. Chizik is worried about the big play while teams continue to march down the field on us!

Since you're comparing to uat, they blitz 90% of the time. Do they give up big plays? Sure they do, but it's pretty hard when the QB is running for his life!

I am violating a cardinal rule by questioning your "Bama blitzs 90% of time" stat, when I myself don't know the real stat. That said, I would be hard pressed to believe that UAT or any other school blitzes 90% of the time.

Like Bill Oliver once said, when you Blitz, most of the time the band is going to play. The only question is will it be your band or THEIRS.

You haven't watched many of their games the past couple of years I take it?

Alabama does not blitz 90% of the time. They do get pressure rushing 3 or 4 but they dont bring 5 90% of the time and thats what they'd have to do. Getting penetration doesn't necessarily mean they're blitzing. To qualify as a blitz they have to bring more than 4 players that line up on the line of scrimmage.

I know what a blitz is, and yes they bring more than 4 most of the time, especially on third down.

"Most of the time on 3rd down" hardly constitutes 90% of the time

Reread my post. I didn't say "most of the time on 3rd down". I said most of the time, (see the comma?) especially on third down.

I have watched Alabama play. i know what a blitz is and I know there are many combinations of blitz packages..corner blitz, safety blitz delayed blitzes from LBs and just an all out blitz bringing as many as 6. Alabama DOES NOT blitz 90% of the time. It does not take a football savant to know this and anybody selling this is either grossly exaggerating or simply clueless

I may get blasted but I don't care, the one thing that needs to go is this coach/player buddy buddy I'm your friend stuff. Coaches need to be coaches, not buddies with these players. Same thing applies with dads being buddies with their kids, it garners no respect.

There are many, many AU fans that LOVE this about CGC - They love that he gives kids a chance, sometimes a second chance. They love that he won't kick them to the curb if a better, more talented player is available. They love that he is a truthful, honest man of integrity and that the promotes a "Family" atmosphere in the Auburn program. They love that he is the antithesis of Saban's "win at all cost" attitude. Some AU fans would have CGC lose every game he ever coaches at AU as long as he doesn't conduct himself like NSaban. They love that CGC won't oversign players and run his program like an NFL team, that he won't "process" out players in a effort to bring in more talented kids. They love that he is a family man and think he is a wonderful part of what "Auburn" is all about.

Let me preface my reply by saying I am not making any comparisons and not trying to say anything about Chizik, just replying to this post.

We had a coach that everyone loved once. His name was Mike Shula. He was a nice guy, but that only got him so far. Winning is so much sweeter than having a teddy bear for a coach, trust me.

LOL. You're serious aren't you? It may be time for you to become an Alabama fan. With all due respect your mind works exactly like one now

Nah, you seem to fit more as a bammer: resort to childish name calling and blindly worship a coach.

I may get blasted but I don't care, the one thing that needs to go is this coach/player buddy buddy I'm your friend stuff. Coaches need to be coaches, not buddies with these players. Same thing applies with dads being buddies with their kids, it garners no respect.

There are many, many AU fans that LOVE this about CGC - They love that he gives kids a chance, sometimes a second chance. They love that he won't kick them to the curb if a better, more talented player is available. They love that he is a truthful, honest man of integrity and that the promotes a "Family" atmosphere in the Auburn program. They love that he is the antithesis of Saban's "win at all cost" attitude. Some AU fans would have CGC lose every game he ever coaches at AU as long as he doesn't conduct himself like NSaban. They love that CGC won't oversign players and run his program like an NFL team, that he won't "process" out players in a effort to bring in more talented kids. They love that he is a family man and think he is a wonderful part of what "Auburn" is all about.

Let me preface my reply by saying I am not making any comparisons and not trying to say anything about Chizik, just replying to this post.

We had a coach that everyone loved once. His name was Mike Shula. He was a nice guy, but that only got him so far. Winning is so much sweeter than having a teddy bear for a coach, trust me.

Spoken like ony a true bama fan could. Trust you on what? Tell me this...how has your lfe changed now that Shula is gone? My guess is not much if any at all. Its called perspective and the realization that life goes on either way. My life was no sweeter after winning the BCS in 2010 than it is right now.

LOL. You're serious aren't you? It may be time for you to become an Alabama fan. With all due respect your mind works exactly like one now

Nah, you seem to fit more as a bammer: resort to childish name calling and blindly worship a coach.

Thats a priceless quote right there. I haven't called you a name and unless I miss my guess by a wide margin...the only coach worship going on is between you and shorty over there is west Alabama.

Spoken like ony a true bama fan could. Trust you on what? Tell me this...how has your lfe changed now that Shula is gone? My guess is not much if any at all. Its called perspective and the realization that life goes on either way. My life was no sweeter after winning the BCS in 2010 than it is right now.

If you don't get any enjoyment out of watching football...well that's you. I don't understand why you watch it though.

I get plenty of enjoyment out of watching football but Im not so emotionally invested in the outcome of a game that my life revolves around Auburn winning in order to be happy. Many bamrs sell this idea because in their world thats EXACTLY how it is!

I get plenty of enjoyment out of watching football but Im not so emotionally invested in the outcome of a game that my life revolves around Auburn winning in order to be happy. Many bamrs sell this idea because in their world thats EXACTLY how it is!

My life doesn't revolve around it either...but I'd rather win than lose. I guess that makes me crazy.

Thats a priceless quote right there. I haven't called you a name and unless I miss my guess by a wide margin...the only coach worship going on is between you and shorty over there is west Alabama.

How about you state your view, instead of calling everyone a bammer? I've already seen you do that to multiple posters.

No, I don't like $aban and didn't really want to even click on tjis thread. The OP makes a good point, and it doesn't take a genious to know that uat has a great defense. YES, they do blitz more than most teams. That's a fact, unless you think all the analysts that go on at nausea about his "elaborate blitzes" are all bammers too.

Nope, but lording it over fans in a rival forum does seem a little weird but carry on, I know how much this means to you, I promise, I really do!

I wasn't lording either. I was just pointing out that we had a "good guy" coach before, but he didn't get it done. If the Auburn family isn't happy with Chizik's performance, then don't let his personality get in the way of making a change. If you all are happy with him, keep him.

Nope, but lording it over fans in a rival forum does seem a little weird but carry on, I know how much this means to you, I promise, I really do!

I wasn't lording either. I was just pointing out that we had a "good guy" coach before, but he didn't get it done. If the Auburn family isn't happy with Chizik's performance, then don't let his personality get in the way of making a change. If you all are happy with him, keep him.

Thanks for that sage advice..any other pearls you feel irresistibly compelled to share today?

Thanks for that sage advice..any other pearls you feel irresistibly compelled to share today?

Is it against the rules to call this guy ^^^ a huge doosh? Just a question.

WDE!

Yes. In the morning when eating your bowl of Cheerios, refrain from letting others urinate in it. It may help with that irritability.

How about you state your view, instead of calling everyone a bammer? I've already seen you do that to multiple posters.

No, I don't like $aban and didn't really want to even click on tjis thread. The OP makes a good point, and it doesn't take a genious to know that uat has a great defense. YES, they do blitz more than most teams. That's a fact, unless you think all the analysts that go on at nausea about his "elaborate blitzes" are all bammers too.

Listen my friend. I haven't called anyone a bamr not even you. It might have been you that I said thinks like one. WTF does 'at nausea" mean? Were you trying to say ad nauseum? You post like a frustrated child. How old are you anyway?

Listen my friend. I haven't called anyone a bamr not even you. It might have been you that I said thinks like one. WTF does 'at nausea" mean? Were you trying to say ad nauseum? You post like a frustrated child. How old are you anyway?

And you post like a little punk, that would probably get their a$$ beat if they talked to a person in real life like that. Go ahead and hide behind your keyboard trying to be witty.

OK, an you'd do well to refrain from gross exaggerations like ,"Alabama blitzes 90% of the time"... that way you wouldn't get so pissed and act like you'd whip someones ass when they prove you wrong. OK?

OK, an you'd do well to refrain from gross exaggerations like ,"Alabama blitzes 90% of the time"... that way you wouldn't get so pissed and act like you'd whip someones ass when they prove you wrong. OK?

I get angry when someone attacks other posters instead of bringing something substantial to the conversation. If that's all you can do, then join al.com. They love to flame each other over there.

Also I was just stating the obvious. You act like a punk. If you want to continue, PM me instead of taking up the board.

Archived