Corporate India backs Bush so they can get...

CShine

Corporate India favours the re-election of US President George W. Bush as it feels a Republican win would boost India's already booming BPO sector, industry officials said.

Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry, by contrast, is linked in many Indian business minds with opposition to BPO or Business Process Offshoring, they said on Monday.

Bush's "return to power would be good for India as he is for outsourcing to low-cost countries like India," Amit Verma, economist at the Confederation of Indian Industry, the leading business lobby, told AFP.

Other analysts echoed the view, saying a Bush win in Tuesday's elections would be better for India.

"Kerry has promised to cut back tax benefits for outsourcing firms which is a not a good sign," said A. Anand Kumar, managing director of Magma, an electronic design automation firm in the southern city of Bangalore.

"A win for Bush would boost software stocks as he favours outsourcing. There could be a upside in the sector if he is re-elected as more and more US companies would transfer such contracts to India and save costs," said Anish Marfatia, vice president at Parag Parekh Securities.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...india&printer=1

The number 1 benefiaciary of outsourcing is.....  the United States.

117341[/snapback]

Oh, I get it. You mean rich shareholders in the United States. No way you could be talking about blue-collar America. Send their jobs to India! And they benefit!

Check out this link that shows the collapse of American wages. Especially notice the chart showing the steep fall in wage growth over the past 20 years. It's now at it's lowest point ever. They've fallen so far that inflation is now growing faster than the average American wage. Now, how is it that blue-collar America is getting the benefit?

http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/webfeatu...pshots_10292004

"Insourcing Jobs -- Making the Global Economy Work for America,"

Ten Myths about Jobs and Outsourcing

More "In-sourcing" Than Outsourcing

Wage growth is another issue not necessarily tied to outsourcing. Wages were inflated in the nineties do to the technology bubble. I'm in IT believe me I wish they would have stayed inflated but I realize that it wasn't realistic. We are coming out of an inherited recession and the economy is picking up and wages will increase again but I wouldn't expect them to be over inflated again.

Archived