Heck of a game Kiehl

WarEagle123

Kiehl did better last night. He stayed in the pocket a little longer and seemed a little more comfortable. Well short of "Heck of a game" but I DID see Improvement.

Still alot of work to be done.

WAR EAGLE!

WOW, shocked. The worst position play from this weekend was the QB Play. If you cannot trust your QB to make good decisions and throws, it hurts the rest of your game plan.

I will admit, he looked good early on, but also made some terrible throws. Same issues as other weeks, high balls, throwing to wrong receivers, floaters, etc. Frazier is still not sure of himself and has trouble seeing the field. If we would have had an average SEC QB, we would have beat LSU last night.

The O-Line is protecting him and I see every other offensive position in OK shape. There is a reason we are burning Wallace's redshirt folks.

I am not going to attack a 20 year old kid but he has some serious issues in leading an SEC team. Coaches need to evaluate themselves and their recruiting practices. I hate to see us struggle to find QB help every year under CGC while other teams in the SEC seem to fins the solution to the problem a little easier.

Kiehl has improved. He still has a way to go to be a quality SEC QB. He is a young kid and I think he will continue to improve. I don't put all of the fault on him for where he is as an SEC QB at this point in time. He has all of the tools to be great IMO. He just needs more seasoning and growth IMO.

"I am extremely proud of the progress KiehlI made last night" Are you kidding? I know he's trying, but he's been having all kinds of problems through the first 4 games. Thank goodness we have an off week coming up.

Kiehl has improved. He still has a way to go to be a quality SEC QB. He is a young kid and I think he will continue to improve. I don't put all of the fault on him for where he is as an SEC QB at this point in time. He has all of the tools to be great IMO. He just needs more seasoning and growth IMO.

If only everybody could understand this there would not be so much bitchin&moaning. It is what it is,til it's not.good post 10

When I started this thread I said he is doing fine. Not great but fine. The reason we lost that game was not Kiehl's fault. He made some good reads and some bad ones. When this season is over look back and look at the stats of the LSU defense. If Kiehl's performance in the LSU game was the same as the Clemson game or moo state game we get absolutely slaughtered.

A lot of the game he was in impossible situations. When you run east/west almos every first down and lose yardage you are put in passing situations where the d can play one dimension.

Kiehl is improving everyday. He is just a sophomore. In this need results now world some of you forget he is not just learning a new offense but learning how to be a qb. Playing a drop back offense you have to learn timing on throws. And proper mechanics of dropping back. Give this kid some time. He will continue to improve. The schedule looks quite a bit easier over the next five games. I can see us winning those five.

Will you be happy of we are 6-3 going into the UGA game?

War Eagle

I am extremely proud of the progress KiehlI made last night. Yes he missed some throws. We were playing one of the best defenses in the country last night. If he played like that against ULM we score 50 easily. I can't put that loss on Kiehls shoulders. Keep progressing young man you're doing just fine.

War Eagle

Were we watching the same game? Same ole KF. Most every team in the Sec would have made a change at qb but not Auburn. He threw two picks, managed 86 yards through the air and most of his successful passes were safe dump offs to OM for minimal gain. When the team is in a 3rd and more than 7, the team runs or makes a safe dump off which always results in a 4th down. Hell, most QB's in the league understand that when you need 7+ yards on third down, you make a damn pass that travels at least 7 yards. And if you can't connect or find a receiver more often than not, you shouldn't be on the field. Idaho had 174 pasing yards vs the LSU defense and KF couldn't muster half that. The only two Auburn scores were set up by LSU miscues.

When KF is pressured, he gets sacked for a huge loss instead of scrambling and throwing the damn ball away essentially killing the drive. This is footbal 101. He has zero pocket awareness. KF may have more physical talent than Moseley, but right now, Clint is the better QB.

Every play Wallace played we got positive yards. I'm glad we played him. Kiehl missed the pass to Onterio and that last drive was laughable. We should have won that game.

I am extremely proud of the progress KiehlI made last night. Yes he missed some throws. We were playing one of the best defenses in the country last night. If he played like that against ULM we score 50 easily. I can't put that loss on Kiehls shoulders. Keep progressing young man you're doing just fine.

War Eagle

Were we watching the same game? Same ole KF. Most every team in the Sec would have made a change at qb but not Auburn. He threw two picks, managed 86 yards through the air and most of his successful passes were safe dump offs to OM for minimal gain. When the team is in a 3rd and more than 7, the team runs or makes a safe dump off which always results in a 4th down. Hell, most QB's in the league understand that when you need 7+ yards on third down, you make a damn pass that travels at least 7 yards. And if you can't connect or find a receiver more often than not, you shouldn't be on the field. Idaho had 174 pasing yards vs the LSU defense and KF couldn't muster half that. The only two Auburn scores were set up by LSU miscues.

When KF is pressured, he gets sacked for a huge loss instead of scrambling and throwing the damn ball away. He has zero pocket awareness. This is football 101. KF may have more physical talent than Moseley, but right now, Clint is the better QB.

Clint is obviously the better qb. That's why he plays. Do you remember what happened last year when Clint played against good defenses. His decision making was worse than Kiehls is.

War Eagle

Put the bottle down Otis!

Clint is obviously the better qb. That's why he plays. Do you remember what happened last year when Clint played against good defenses. His decision making was worse than Kiehls is.

Here's a thought. Instead of saying how proud you are of KF's progression, why don't you list what part of KF's game has improved and what You're proud of. Because I watch the games just like you and I'm not seeing it. The defense and special teams held a pretty good offense to twelve total points, and the Auburn offense gets shutout in te second half. Only two first half scores were aided by LSU miscues. The LSU defense is NOT as good as last year's team. They should have won this game.

Here's a thought. Instead of saying how proud you are of KF's progression, why don't you list what part of KF's game has improved and what You're proud of. Because I watch the games just like you and I'm not seeing it. The defense and special teams held a pretty good offense to twelve total points, and the Auburn offense gets shutout in te second half. Only two first half scores were aided by LSU miscues. The LSU defense is NOT as good as last year's team. They should have won this game.

It is hard to point to one exact thing. He had more confidence. Like I said earlier. If he plays the exact same game last night against moo state we win. He completed almost 60% of his passes last night. That is improvement. I'm not saying he is there but he is getting there. The only way he learns is to play. Bench him now and you go through the same problems going forward as from games 1-4.

Someone made a post earlier that Idaho threw for 174 yards. That is 77 yards more than Frazier. Idaho also had 14 more attempts than Frazier.

I'm done trying to explain his profession to all the negative fans. No matter what he does all the negative posters here will still say he sucks.

If only everybody could understand this there would not be so much bitchin&moaning. It is what it is,til it's not.good post 10

^^^^^Well put^^^^^^^

Every play Wallace played we got positive yards. I'm glad we played him. Kiehl missed the pass to Onterio and that last drive was laughable. We should have won that game.

Laughable? Wow

Every play Wallace played we got positive yards. I'm glad we played him.

That was said often last year when Kiehl was put in.

I like KF, and think he'll everually get it together. That said, why in the world would you have said about KF's play last year. Nearly every pass he threw last year was itercepted.

Oh give me a break.Kiehl completed 60% of his passes last night against one of the best secondaries in the country. He didn't have a ton of yards, but he also is learning how to avoid the mistakes he made earlier in the season. His last int was not his fault (He had to throw the ball early because an OT missed a block and had no choice but to force something because it was basically the last play of the game.) Frazier made some great throws last night, went through his reads moderately well, and, most importantly, he didn't force as many passes as he didn in weeks 1-3. His numbers will improve with time, but you have to look at things in context. This was a first year starter playing in a new offense that makes him do things he has never done before ( like 7 step drops) and he was doing all of this against a top notch defense. His numbers this week were better than his numbers last week which were better than his numbers against miss state. The guy is improving. Be patient or go be a bammer.

Speaking of bammers, AJ Mccarron had a worse completion percentage than Kiehl's performance last night when bama played Western Kentucky.

Every play Wallace played we got positive yards. I'm glad we played him.

That was said often last year when Kiehl was put in.

I like KF, and think he'll everually get it together. That said, why in the world would you have said about KF's play last year. Nearly every pass he threw last year was itercepted.

It wasn't based on his passing abilities. It was his feet. The person I quoted was in regard to Wallace and positive yards. A general assessment.

And Frazier only threw 13 passes last year. How many of those were interceptions? By your terminology, I'd assume 9 or 10.

Edit: he threw 12 passes with 2 interceptions.

http://www.cfbstats....sing/index.html

War Eagle

When KF is pressured, he gets sacked for a huge loss instead of scrambling and throwing the damn ball away. He has zero pocket awareness. This is football 101. KF may have more physical talent than Moseley, but right now, Clint is the better QB.

No, that's just not so. Last year CM was getting slaughtered by opposing defenses who were in the backfield about as soon as the ball was snapped. Even so, Moseley has never had the statistical abominations that KF has put together this season. You may not want CM to play at QB, but let's deal in reality here. Completion percentage goes to Moseley. Pass to INT ration goes to Moseley. Yards per attempt and yards per completion goes to Moseley. Production on first down? Third down? Moseley.

It's different years and different offenses, but the number of people who think they can effectively evaluate Moseley based on last season when the offensive line was utterly porous against decent defenses continues to amaze me. Regardless, you can't point to any game where CM has played in which his decision making has been as poor as KF's so far this season (with the possible exception of the first game against Clemson...maybe.)

I think KF can still get it together. But it would not bother me the least bit to see CM get a shot at running a pro-set offense. That style of offense is CM's natural habitat.

I don't post much but here goes... I hope KF progresses to be a good qb at some point but currently he is way below average for an SEC QB. Jason Campbell was pretty ineffective until his senior year so I'm not giving up hope. All that being said, Auburn is not going to win many games due to the play of KF. He has no confidence and it shows. All the talk about improvement? How many passes have you seen him throw away when gets in trouble? Honestly, I cannot think of ONE, its always a sack or throw into coverage. If he were the QB for some other team, I would bet all the improvement seen would not be so obvious. Look at the stats below.... 9 of 10 within 5-yards of line of scrimmange.....We need help at the QB spot more than any other position on the team adn we are not getting that. We may not have anyone any better but please stop with the improvement crap...

• Kiehl Frazier was 9 of 10 in his passes within 5-yards of the line of scrimmage but went 4 of 12 in his passes beyond 5-yards of the line of scrimmage. Frazier completed only 2 of his 8 third down passes.

Archived