Heck of a game Kiehl

WarEagle123

I am extremely proud of the progress KiehlI made last night. Yes he missed some throws. We were playing one of the best defenses in the country last night. If he played like that against ULM we score 50 easily. I can't put that loss on Kiehls shoulders. Keep progressing young man you're doing just fine.

War Eagle

I am extremely proud of the progress KiehlI made last night. Yes he missed some throws. We were playing one of the best defenses in the country last night. If he played like that against ULM we score 50 easily. I can't put that loss on Kiehls shoulders. Keep progressing young man you're doing just fine.

War Eagle

doing fine?...doesn't take much to make you happy,i guess

War Eagle

Why even post this? I get it...but it is just negative...

I seriously doubt that the coaches, or KF himself agree with the original post of "doing fine". The AU Offense left a ton of yards on the field last night, not just KF.

Some progress made, yes. Some plays that make you scratch you head, yes. I think it was good to have the OC on the bench and to play the other QB some. It sends a message.

War Eagle!

War Eagle

Bravo. Post of the year. Contributed to the thread and made yourself look like a tool. Of course, the bravo, post of the year, and contributing to the thread portions are all sarcasm.

I seriously doubt that the coaches, or KF himself agree with the original post of "doing fine". The AU Offense left a ton of yards on the field last night, not just KF.

Some progress made, yes. Some plays that make you scratch you head, yes. I think it was good to have the OC on the bench and to play the other QB some. It sends a message.

War Eagle!

This is how you disagree without being a d-bag.

War Eagle

Bravo. Post of the year. Contributed to the thread and made yourself look like a tool. Of course, the bravo, post of the year, and contributing to the thread portions are all sarcasm.

Based on most of his "contributions" to the board, he should be up for poster of the year.

War Eagle!

This is how you disagree without being a d-bag.

This was my point. Thanks AUFS

The Title of this thread is "Heck of a job Kiehl" His qb rating was abysmal so I'm really quite confused as to how you can make that assessment. Listen, I have no clue as to whether Kiehl will turn into a good AU quarterback or not. The only thing I am sure of is that last night was not a good performance and so far he has not had a breakout game this season.

1. This is a message board about something we care about deeply. If you don't want discussion, then why post at all?? If we all agreed the interwebs would be boring

2. No reason to be a dbag, but most if us are older than 15, so if someone doesn't agree with me, it won't ruin my day.

If Keihl and our O-line improve as much from weeks 5-8 as they did from weeks 1-4, then there isn't a team in college football that we can't beat. We had some suspect play calling but our guys never gave up. My hope for the future went way up after last night's loss.

On a side note, I'm taking donations for a "Let's Kill Lou Holtz" drive. For $5000, Mark May says he'll assassinate the Daffy impersonator on College Football Final next week. Teach that jack-ape to throw our helmet.......

1. This is a message board about something we care about deeply. If you don't want discussion, then why post at all?? If we all agreed the interwebs would be boring

2. No reason to be a dbag, but most if us are older than 15, so if someone doesn't agree with me, it won't ruin my day.

Point taken. Perhaps it just rubbed me the wrong way, the way it was said not necessarily the fact that something was said.

It i hard to be a detached football fan thru O & B glasses.

I feel AU played about as well as they arecurrently capable last night.

KF is a WIP and it is up to him and the O coaches for him to improve.

I will now but my glasses on and see if I can post this .

It i hard to be a detached football fan thru O & B glasses.

I feel AU played about as well as they arecurrently capable last night.

KF is a WIP and it is up to him and the O coaches for him to improve.

I will now but my glasses on and see if I can post this .

^^QFT^^

I feel the same way and I still have a hard time pinning all of our losses on Keihl. Yes, he has made too many mistakes but there are 10 other players around him every play that must shoulder some of the responsibility too. I saw some improvement last night and I am impressed with the way we played the #2 team in the nation. Of course I would have like to have won the game but I think that the guys played about as well as they are capable of last night. I expected us to struggle in our first 3-4 games and we have. With a week off, now is the time that the lights should start coming on for some folks. I expect a win against Arkansas in two weeks.

Whenever someone post on this board and its not a pat on the back post they get attacked or their post get deleted. I think a lot of people on here look at it from a moms perspective you know whatever happens its fine you did great. I believe in tough love when you playing sports definitely football the guy is just not doing his job. It's not ok he isn't improving.

This isn't just on Keihl. We had momentum in the fourth quarter, and had just stopped LSU deep when they punted and Quan muffed the fair catch at the 40. That set up the winning field goal, and the play call early to run wide from our end-zone getting the safety was soley on the coaches. Those two plays directly lead to 7 points that changed the game. Also, the decision to punt on 4th and 1 with only 5:31 left in the game and only one timeout, to me, was the wrong decision, but that one is just my opinion. Keihl is still having issues with his footwork and he's forcing throws when pressured. the footwork issues are causing the overthrows and inaccuracy. Fix those and you have a really good QB.

Ditto that. Mistakes, especially in the first 2 games, did not even half belong to Keihl. Clemson/Miss St were full of sorry route-running and sub-par O-line play. Keihl just seems to be progressing slower at the moment, but how can you blame him when he has so much more to think about every game. At least his confidence was up and INTs were down last night. I'll probably feel differently if he doesn't show some improvement against Arkansas' secondary, but right now I'm okay with his progression. Not happy, but okay.

Seems like some of the same people who are ready to get rid of KF are the same ones giving the Auburn defense all the credit for the game that Metzenburger had for LSU. Truth be told, both teams had struggling quarterbacks. Given that comparison, and the reasonable assumption that KF will keep improving, AU as a team may not be that far away from putting things together. We are not going to win 8-9 ballgames this year...get over it. But if we stay the course and keep growing and improving, this team will be a force next fall and for years to come. Call me crazy, but I'm predicting that AU is going to be the first SEC team to make the 4-team playoff...If we don't panic, fire everyone and start all over again! WDE!!

Well, I have not seen a lot if improvement. Progressions and check offs seem slow and still not using his feet as he should. That said you have to look at last nights competition.very good team we played. Our desire to run sweeps last night put is in a lot of 2nd and 3rd and long. Our play calling did him no favors last night. I am not blaming KF for that loss last night all. I put more on our OC for game planning and game calling and the lack of QB development. I think KF has some great tools and we are not getting it out of him. I have said it before, our OC is learning on the job to be a SEC level OC while trying to teach a QB to be an SEC level QB

KF is what we have since it's apparent CM is not able to play and it's too soon to be trying JW. That said, I hope that neither KF nor the coaching staff is anywhere near happy with last night. 22 pass attempts and 97 yards along with 2 INTs and 4 sacks.

Maybe it's just AUfans trying to make KF feel good or something but can you imagine any top SEC coach accepting that? Coaches play with the best players they have available but in no case should they reduce their standards (expectations) to accomodate substandard resutls.

Check Landry Jones of Okla after he passed for nearly 300 yards, etc. "I played pretty terrible," Jones said. "The majority of this game is in my hands. I didn't take care of the ball or make enough plays. This one is probably on me."

The first time I hear KF say something like this...then I'll know he is on the way.

I feel like Kiehl made some good improvement but definitely isn't where he needs to be. The receivers didn't help him out as much last night though, I've gotta put a little blame on their shoulders as well.

Archived