Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

I think I’m finally done with cherry stouts. The tartness of the cherries just makes it taste like an infected stout. Glad I only bought a single, pissed it was $5.50. The only redeeming factor for me is the barrel flavor—which is subtle.

alORuHx.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think I’m finally done with cherry stouts. The tartness of the cherries just makes it taste like an infected stout. Glad I only bought a single, pissed it was $5.50. The only redeeming factor for me is the barrel flavor—which is subtle.

alORuHx.jpg

While we're on the subject of fruited stouts, have you had Founder's Lizard of Koz at all? I've been debating giving it a buy for almost a year now. The pig has it, but it's pricey and it doesn't seem to move. 

So for Super Bowl Sunday we’re doing a beer tasting at the store on Saturday, with me in charge. I’m personally thinking Oskar Blues Dale’s, Death By Coconut, and Yella Pils if it’s available(I can’t even recall seeing it anywhere lately other than the mix 12 pack) I could also do a few different breweries, or just focus on a single style. If Pils isn’t available I might go Pinner. 

I think the cans and variety would appeal to most people. Cans especially for the typical domestic drinker. 

Thoughts? Suggestions? 

15 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

ALLTECH Brewing...

Really, how hard could it be to come up with something, anything, that sounds better than that? 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

While we're on the subject of fruited stouts, have you had Founder's Lizard of Koz at all? I've been debating giving it a buy for almost a year now. The pig has it, but it's pricey and it doesn't seem to move. 

Now, I actually dig that one. The addition of vanilla rounds out the blueberry and removes most of the tartness that comes with fruited stouts. What’s the price? 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Now, I actually dig that one. The addition of vanilla rounds out the blueberry and removes most of the tartness that comes with fruited stouts. What’s the price? 

15ish for a bomber. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Really, how hard could it be to come up with something, anything, that sounds better than that? 

I think they used to be the only facility that makes the whiskey they age their beer in. 

But now that DFH, BPB, and Rogue all have their own distilling portfolio, I’m sure they’re about due for a new approach. Their packaging is terribad also imo. 

19 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think they used to be the only facility that makes the whiskey they age their beer in. 

But now that DFH, BPB, and Rogue all have their own distilling portfolio, I’m sure they’re about due for a new approach. Their packaging is terribad also imo. 

They could come up with something that sounds better than something you would call a software company though. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

100% agree. 

Damn I butchered that post lol. My attention is everywhere right now. CeCe has learned to crawl. 

52 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Damn I butchered that post lol. My attention is everywhere right now. CeCe has learned to crawl. 

I don’t know what’s worse, you butchering it, or me having to go back to see what you messed up after the fact. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So for Super Bowl Sunday we’re doing a beer tasting at the store on Saturday, with me in charge. I’m personally thinking Oskar Blues Dale’s, Death By Coconut, and Yella Pils if it’s available(I can’t even recall seeing it anywhere lately other than the mix 12 pack) I could also do a few different breweries, or just focus on a single style. If Pils isn’t available I might go Pinner. 

I think the cans and variety would appeal to most people. Cans especially for the typical domestic drinker. 

Thoughts? Suggestions? 

Definitely like the idea. Football + cans + approachable, great beer + a variety of styles. 

If it was say, the 49ers instead of Philly, that might make for a fun West Coast vs NE IPA theme. Or there might be other regional themes out there. But you can't do beer vs cheese steak.

Also, OB are Auburn guys, so it's fun to support them. And some convenient talking points built in with their story. Great idea.

Now I'll have TPS reports lodged in my brain for the rest of my workday, thanks.

My department director's demeanor very much echoes Bill Lumbergh. At least I don't have eight different people coming by to tell me about it if I forget something.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Now I'll have TPS reports lodged in my brain for the rest of my workday, thanks.

My department director's demeanor very much echoes Bill Lumbergh. At least I don't have eight different people coming by to tell me about it if I forget something.

Image result for lumbergh initech

Can't believe this guy has a barrel program.

On 1/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, AUDub said:

Let me know how the Hop Bullet is. I’m curious. 

Tempering my review here so as not to oversell.

If you find this at anything close to the $15/12 I did, I encourage you to buy it. I'm quite pleased that I did.

Just finished the Mississippi Blues half marathon in the cold rain. At the beer trailer, everyone was waiting on Mic Ultra. Right beside it is a table full of freshly poured Devil’s Harvest APA.

Ding. Ding. It’s on.

18 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Just finished the Mississippi Blues half marathon in the cold rain. At the beer trailer, everyone was waiting on Mic Ultra. Right beside it is a table full of freshly poured Devil’s Harvest APA.

Ding. Ding. It’s on.

Sounds about right. Got a 6er of that in the fridge right now. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, that is such a good beer.

Indeed it is. My absolute go-to fridge beer. 

Grabbed a couple pizzas and went to Memphis Made Brewing to munch. Their tap list hasn’t changed in 2 years. So disappointing. Awesome warehouse space, but the beer is so meh. 

Currently at Wiseacre drinking an Adjective Animal DIPA. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, that is such a good beer.

One of my favs. Just picked up a fresh batch. And............

IMG_0373.JPG.jpg

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Did you blend Hopslam and Snake Handler?

No. Have you ever done so?

Archived