Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

These guys have definitely opened some eyes to the world of good beer. I knew they had done some collaborating, but had no idea it was that awesome. I heard that they are in a friendly rivalry with Parish for best brew in the state. Yes please! 

I hope your buddy keeps kicking butt. I just looked at his Facebook page...seems like they got it going on. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya. The friendly competitions in local brewing are one way the beer gets better. Everyone wins!

Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout is very, very good. The Mole version is also very, very good. Another brewery that should get more love.

On 12/31/2016 at 10:07 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

My like put you at a grand, your like put me at a hundo...there should be some kind of prize from AUFamily for that.

Lol

I'll stop short of calling our NYE tasting "epic", but we did close the night with a Mexican Cake Biscotti Break, a Firestone Walker XVI, a Kane anniversary (don't remember which, and had never heard of the brewery, but it was very good) and a Cantillon Lou Pepe Framboise. There were 8 or 9 bottles popped before those. I felt it in the morning. Beer nerd brothers in law are a blessing and a curse.

@ShocksMyBrain All of those look freaking fantastic!

i wanted to post here so it didn't get lost...despite the result tonight, it was great seeing us play live and getting to cheer with fellow Auburn fans. We led a rousing cheer of "It's great...to be..an Auburn Tiger..."as we walked down Poydras...War Damn Eagle y'all.

On 1/3/2017 at 9:07 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

We bailed at that point too. Beer is too damn expensive in the dome  to watch that shizzle show.

Ouch. Well, hopefully you ate well...

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ouch. Well, hopefully you ate well...

Oh yes. Good food was had by all in that were in my party. 

We had a good time despite the loss. I don't get nearly as bent out of shape about football as I used to. I go, I watch, I eat, I drink, I drink, I eat...well you get the picture.  No sense getting upset about something I know little about and have no control over. 

Remind me that I said this next year.

On the beer front, Parish just released another batch of DDH Envie....I'm begging them to send some to the yankee part of LA. Fingers crossed! Also, we had our first full fledged brewery open up in town. Pretty good beer so far. I'm sure they will be tweaking things a bit. They did just release a nitro milk stout. I gotta go check out their facility....pretty dang cool. Flying Tiger Brewing I love the artwork for the Nitro Stout.

27 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

We had a good time despite the loss. I don't get nearly as bent out of shape about football as I used to. I go, I watch, I eat, I drink, I drink, I eat...well you get the picture.  No sense getting upset about something I know little about and have no control over. 

Remind me that I said this next year.

Hah! Will do. While reminding myself...

Flying Tiger looks like a really cool place. Agreed about the artwork. 

Jeez, I can't wait until GA is a place where you can really just go to a brewery and hang, and we do away with all this stupid tour/limited sample crap. 

Citrusinenses hit the shelves down here. Bought a 12 pack today. Need to stock up. Seemed like it was gone too quick last year. Love the stuff. 

13 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

large.IMG_20170105_181249297.jpg

Yummy

Have heard great things.

Gotta credit Shocks for turning me on to the Citrusinesis. Good, good stuff. 

Taking a break so that I can lose the holiday bloat, so I'll be drinking vicariously through you guys for a bit. I know you all can carry me through this difficult time...

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Have heard great things.

Gotta credit Shocks for turning me on to the Citrusinesis. Good, good stuff. 

Taking a break so that I can lose the holiday bloat, so I'll be drinking vicariously through you guys for a bit. I know you all can carry me through this difficult time...

Man, they are proud of it (the Dino S'mores) though. 7.50 for that bottle. 

Westvleteren 8. Gaze upon it in awe.

large.IMG_20170107_100003520.jpg

Haven't cracked the 12 yet. 

I forgot to post this yesterday.

IMG_20170106_132024518_zpswqjsnicv.jpg

Really good stout. Nailed the maple notes, but given what I paid for it would not buy again unless it gets a lot cheaper. 

As for the Westy 8, this is easily the best beer I have had in the style - and I have run through all of the Trappist dubbels now, as this was the last on the list - and it might be the best beer I have tried. Only Rochefort 10 matches up in my mind. When I do my trial by fire of the quads I'll know more. Still got an abt 12, Rochefort 10 and two Westy 12s in my fridge downstairs. 

Archived