Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

@Grumps the oatmeal stout from Founders you're talking about is likely Breakfast Stout. And it's hands down one of my favorite non barrel aged stouts. 

I actually tried Devil's Harvest today for the first time and I wasn't disappointed. Solid APA. 

I also grabbed a Hop Perfect from Yazoo, another legit offering. Glad they made it through the Hop Project experiment and found a good recipe. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Grumps said:

You guys are awesome. I took a cooler with Jai-Alai/Pineapple Sculpin/Devil's Harvest/Avondale Saison/Brown Shugga and a 11% ABV Honey Pilsner from Orange Blossom. My friend was quite impressed. Thanks for the recommendations! My friend got a growler of Resin Sixpoint but I did not try it.

McLoofus, you are right. It was Backwoods Bastard. They also have Oatmeal Stout and one other from Founders. I suppose I will need to try them, too!

11% honey pilsner? Fascinating. How was it?

Glad it went well!

http://orangeblossombrewing.com/beer-list/

Check out the OBP Squared.

I thought it was quite good. Very easy to drink. Enough honey for you to know it was there. I just bought it because it sounded interesting and I was quite impressed.

Here is how they describe it:

When you make a pot of coffee, but only use half the water, you get some pretty rich coffee. That’s the approach we took with this offering. The result is a bold, distinct taste of its own.

46 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@ShocksMyBrain If you can get your hands on Southern Prohibition's offerings, I'd be interested in your take on their ESB, Jack the Sipper.

I've kind of avoided them because I hadn't heard anything about them, and their label artwork sucks(IMO). But I'll grab a single if I see one. 

1. Lagunitas Sucks is still fantastic. This one is super fresh and super good. 

2. The glass is personalized because I sold an expensive cheese plate/board. One of my managers knows my affinity for all things beer and Lebowski  

GAtZDxm.jpg

I've never had a WWS, either. Nice pull!

Scofflaw hit stores here in Atlanta this week. Their Double Jeopardy DIPA is big and juicy in the current NE style and hides way too much of its 10%. Could easily get in trouble with it. 

Got a good lineup today. SN Northern Hemisphere wet hop, Green Man IPA(not Wayfarer), DFH Beer for Breakfast, many Yuenglings, and a few years worth of BCBS in the case that Auburn wins. 

Oh and some dark homemade sangria. 

I'm in Waukesha this week for work training, but unfortunately the hospital would not let me rent a car this time. Need to see if there are any good craft stores in this town I can Uber to. 

As an aside, today was my first time using Uber and I found it very pleasant. 

9 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

I'm in Waukesha this week for work training, but unfortunately the hospital would not let me rent a car this time. Need to see if there are any good craft stores in this town I can Uber to. 

As an aside, today was my first time using Uber and I found it very pleasant. 

I'm not sure if Wisconsin has dedicated liquor/beer stores. The only ones I've ever been in have been attached to the grocery store. One entrance for liquor/beer, one entrance for the actual grocery. Woodman's is a big grocery chain that had a pretty good selection. 

Also, Uber is awesome. 

On 11/25/2016 at 0:57 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I had some of my Puerto Rican rum yesterday, Ron de Barallitos. It was deliciously well timed.

Love Barrolitos! Whatever that... brown sugar? taste is, man, love it.

Whoever is in WI, buy all the New Glarus. All of it.

Drinking a Celebration at the bar in my Kroger. My name is Atlanta and I'm an alcoholic...

Stopped by the pig on my way home and tried a couple brews for the first time tonight. Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale and Smuttynose Robust Porter. Both outstanding! Highly recommended. Also picked up some Ten Fidy. Saving. ;) 

44 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Stopped by the pig on my way home and tried a couple brews for the first time tonight. Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale and Smuttynose Robust Porter. Both outstanding! Highly recommended. Also picked up some Ten Fidy. Saving. ;) 

If you're buying Ten Fidy, I know you're not saving any money. ;)

Got a couple new beers in the store today,  and what I drink may just shock you...stay tuned, fellow beer drinkers...

Archived