Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@ShocksMyBrain I don't know how viable it is, but I have seen some videos of people pouring soft drinks through the gills of bleeding fish to stop the bleeding. It appeared to work, but so does all kinds of stuff on the interwebs. FWIW

I picked up a 4 pack of Parish's Opus Vert yesterday. I have officially found the best beer store in town, and there isn't a close second. I need to meet the dude that owns the place. 

Hmm. I'll do some research. May be worth carrying a coke with me when I'm out. 

What's the style on Opus Vert?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It's an American IPA. Pretty new to their lineup, I think. I will be reporting back soon. 

I have on good authority that they know exactly WTF they're doing when it comes to IPAs...

Was in Omaha, NE last night for work.  If you get the shot, try these local brews that I found:

Infusion Vanilla Bean Blonde
It's like drinking a vanilla ice cream cone.

Scriptown Nut Job
Best nutty flavor beer I've ever had.  Not too overpowering, which made it easy to drink.

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Oh and I need to get my grubby mitts on  this...

http://uncrate.com/stuff/glenfiddich-india-pale-ale-cask-finished-whisky/

Interesting. I'd honestly have to find a single pour in a bar or hear a trusted opinion before splurging on a bottle. I'm always wary of novelty whiskies (to the point that I call them "novelties"). 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Interesting. I'd honestly have to find a single pour in a bar or hear a trusted opinion before splurging on a bottle. I'm always wary of novelty whiskies (to the point that I call them "novelties"). 

Apparently Amador bourbon did something like this and it wasn't very good. 

Ten Fidy finally hit the shelves down here. Gots mine. :cheers:

Blue Pants was sampling their beers today. Had some, uh, interesting offerings. Had a gose made with midnight wheat and coffee. It was unique, to say the least. Would not buy. 

The Double Stuff Pinstripe Stout was tasty. Heavy on the coffee and light on the chocolate. Would buy.

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Ten Fidy finally hit the shelves down here. Gots mine. :cheers:

Blue Pants was sampling their beers today. Had some, uh, interesting offerings. Had a gose made with midnight wheat and coffee. It was unique, to say the least. Would not buy. 

The Double Stuff Pinstripe Stout was tasty. Heavy on the coffee and light on the chocolate. Would buy.

That's my kind of stout. The gose sounds awful. They used to do a strawberry saison that was killer but discontinued it for some reason.

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's my kind of stout. The gose sounds awful. They used to do a strawberry saison that was killer but discontinued it for some reason.

They(or maybe it was Straight to Ale) switched brewmasters 2-3 years ago I believe, so they have decided to discontinue it then. I've never had anything from them I truly enjoyed. 

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was trying to be polite, but yes, it was. 

Bout to crack open my first Ten Fidy since the spring and I am tickled pink. 

iclamAt.jpg

I've been harping on Celebration for a while now. Perhaps because I no longer have access to awesome IPAs year round, I'm finding it quite tasty this year. Not nearly as disappointed as I have been with it in the last few years. 

Yeah, that ABV caught me

off guard. That was birthday celebration night after one of the best steaks(20oz ribeye....mmmmmmm) at a great steakhouse here. Oh, and two Eagle Rare bourbons on the rocks. Steak and bourbon...apparently I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Archived