ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

Wonder why other schools haven't done this?

This one's easy. Since the BCS era began nearly 20 years ago, no team that has won the BCS has collapsed in the manner that AU has even 4 years after winning the title, much less 2 years. Success (2010 BCS) is rewarded (pay raise and big contract buyout), and failure (2012) is punished (unemployment). Welcome to the world of big-time college football. We didn't make the rules, but we've got to play by them to continue to be a top 6 program in the SEC.

Good Post. I totally agree.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ST was close, everything I am being told points to Jimbo being a likely possibility. But Jacobs will not be AD next year. Yes, I have a source. Yes, they would know and I trust them. And no, I will not say who it is.

I'd much rather have Jimbo as our HC rather then that unknown OC who's at Louisville.

Come on, now!!!! Elementary my dear Watson. :poke:

ST was close, everything I am being told points to Jimbo being a likely possibility. But Jacobs will not be AD next year. Yes, I have a source. Yes, they would know and I trust them. And no, I will not say who it is.

I hope your sources are right. It boggles my mind that there is any thought of keeping JJ. In most sports we are mediocre at best. We spend to much money to be where we are. I just shake my head every time I think about it.

I say this in kindness. You don't have to keep defending yourself. Let things play out and if JJ is fired then good for you and your source. But thank you for passing along the input.

Wonder why other schools haven't done this?

This one's easy. Since the BCS era began nearly 20 years ago, no team that has won the BCS has collapsed in the manner that AU has even 4 years after winning the title, much less 2 years. Success (2010 BCS) is rewarded (pay raise and big contract buyout), and failure (2012) is punished (unemployment). Welcome to the world of big-time college football. We didn't make the rules, but we've got to play by them to continue to be a top 6 program in the SEC.

Good Post. I totally agree.

So long as we're comparing our situation to other schools, how many major conference schools in your lifetime (how ever old you are) have had the same AD oversee 2 undefeated football seasons in an 8 year period?

What do you guys think of Winston following Fisher to AU, we have got to have a duel threat qb especially if Johnson drops his pledge to AU.

It depends on how much Jimbo likes Wallace and Fraxier.

I prefer Clemson OC Chad Morris for our next head coach. He'd keep all of our recruits, particularly QB prospect Johnson, on board and the guy can flat-out coach him some offense. Give him a free hand to hire his entire staff and watch AU spring back to the top PRONTO!

I will caution optimistic here even with ST seal of approval. It might be a ploy by Fisher agent to give him the raise or contract extension at FSU like Tubb, Nutt, etc... played.

We can do better (Stoops, Gundy).

As I have told you before Gundy is not leaving his alma mater.

When did you talk to Gundy? In person or on the phone? Or, if you gleaned this information from an article in the media, can you provide a link?

We can do better (Stoops, Gundy).

I think we all agree Stoops and Gundy are more accomplished and would be "better" gets, but they aren't attainable. Fisher may not be attainable either, but he is more so than the others; he at least has connections at Auburn and has coached there before.

I prefer Clemson OC Chad Morris for our next head coach. He'd keep all of our recruits, particularly QB prospect Johnson, on board and the guy can flat-out coach him some offense. Give him a free hand to hire his entire staff and watch AU spring back to the top PRONTO!

Is it better off to have originator of no huddle offense in Gus with a head coach experience than the one that learned from him and no headcoach experience?

Jimbo is good friends with the Yellow Feller, he has coached are Auburn before, his wife is a grad, he is unhappy with his current situation at FSU, FSU is broke and can't afford even minor upgrades to facilities and other amenities, Auburn has plenty of money...........This is more than a ploy by Jimmy Sexton.

Unless something crazy happens between now and the 1st of December it will be Jimbo. He is not expected to stay at FSU for the bowl game.

~Reliable Source

We won the National Championship but almost lost that season to................................ several. Alabama won the national championship the year before and barely got by..................... several teams. With young men having them play at a level to dominate week after week is impossible (many would say) so we look at the best indicator we can......... Jimbo is 9-1 this year which is an improvement over the past two years............they keep improving.

I also would love Gus to come back................but Jimbo is in the lead based upon my limited sources.

Yeah, and like I said BOT, ain't we proud to be the first to do this. Wonder why other schools haven't done this? Could it be they had patience and loyalty? Or could it be their supporters didn't become a mob out to have someone fired because they realized it was a dumba$$ decision. Huhhmmmm....

It’s funny people don't tell the whole story.

Yes, Chizik won a national championship at Auburn. He went 14-0, with the best college football player most will ever see. He had a senior OL that Tubs recruited. He had a senior led defense. He also almost lost to Miss. State, Clemson, South Carolina, and Kentucky that same year.

Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa State, and looked worse in year two than year one.

We have witnessed the worst display of fundamentals at Auburn under him than we have ever seen.

He has had discipline problems.

He ran off Gus M. because he tried to cover up the defensive ineptness by meddling in the offense last year, and making Gus slow it down.

We are getting BLOWN out in games this year, without looking even slightly competitive (except for LSU)

Players are having developmental issues. They are weak mentally and physically. They are lost on the field. They make the same mistakes as juniors and seniors that they were making as freshman and sophomores.

I have had many non-AU fans tell me they have never seen a major sports program fall this hard, this fast. NO major sports program would put up with the coaching job Chizik has shown at AU, even if he did win the National Championship his second year.

(Sorry for the spelling and punctuation errors)

Possible hires: Who are BOOM hires and who are not. Consider AU's past hires; History says we DO NOT make BOOM hires at AU.

Jimbo Fisher - BOOM Hire - If he has a chance to bring with him several of his assistants, this would be huge IMO for AU. They recruit really well and are good coaches. I would like the 2 AU backround coaches plus DC Stoops. Going in to last nights game FL ST's defense was overall #1 in the country. FL ST is 9-1 this year.

Bob Stoops - BOOM Hire - if this is possbile, it would be a BIG hire.

Charlie Strong - possible BOOM. He has done a great job at Louisville, can he do it and recruit well in the SEC.

Peterson - BOOM Hire, heard he is the leading candidate for AK

Gary Patterson - BOOM Hire, rumor has him going to AK.

NFL coaches

Chip Kelly - NO chance, most likely taking an NFL HC position

Fisher - BOOM Hire, but has never coached college. I would love to give him a shot if he wanted it though.

John Gruden - No chance, heard today he is ready to coach again, but most likely for Philly in the NFL.

There may be others. I would be very pleased with any of these coaches.

What about Gus?

Just watch Taggert will end up being the best of the bunch when it is all said and done.

Jimbo is good friends with the Yellow Feller, he has coached are Auburn before, his wife is a grad, he is unhappy with his current situation at FSU, FSU is broke and can't afford even minor upgrades to facilities and other amenities, Auburn has plenty of money...........This is more than a ploy by Jimmy Sexton.

I hope you are correct. We could do a LOT worse.

Archived