ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

Fl State had't been the premier school in a while before Fisher started coaching there two years ago. They have gotten better every year he has been there. Bad loss to NC. ST this year but its not easy to go undefeated. If that ends up being his only loses this year then i'd have to say he had one hell of a year!

I can see an argument for VaTech being the premier football power in the ACC. But I think most will agree it is FSU. In fact I don't think it is close. Just because another school wins the conference title does not mean they have a better program. Just means that year they had a better team. FSU has won it's division 2 out of the last 4 years and people are saying they have been in a down cycle.

Florida State records in the years before Jimbo Fisher:

2006: 7-6

2007: 7-6

2008: 9-4

2009: 7-6

Oh boy! That sure is a dominate program Jimbo inherited.

I guess other than the sarcasm I don't get your point. Are you saying that another school besides FSU is the premier football power in the ACC? If so can you tell me who that is?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much in this thread people have provided proof and statistics showing that FSU has a ton of money troubles, has very bad attendance, and didn't have a good record for a long time before Jimbo was hired.

It would be nice if the people claiming that FSU is a dominate, rich, powerful program would actually provide some sort of proof to back up their claims.

Fl State had't been the premier school in a while before Fisher started coaching there two years ago. They have gotten better every year he has been there. Bad loss to NC. ST this year but its not easy to go undefeated. If that ends up being his only loses this year then i'd have to say he had one hell of a year!

I can see an argument for VaTech being the premier football power in the ACC. But I think most will agree it is FSU. In fact I don't think it is close. Just because another school wins the conference title does not mean they have a better program. Just means that year they had a better team. FSU has won it's division 2 out of the last 4 years and people are saying they have been in a down cycle.

I guess other than the sarcasm I don't get your point. Are you saying that another school besides FSU is the premier football power in the ACC? If so can you tell me who that is?

Hands down, it has been Virginia Tech for the last decade followed by Georgia Tech and Clemson and then either North Carolina or FSU in my opinion.

Pretty much in this thread people have provided proof and statistics showing that FSU has a ton of money troubles, has very bad attendance, and didn't have a good record for a long time before Jimbo was hired.

It would be nice if the people claiming that FSU is a dominate, rich, powerful program would actually provide some sort of proof to back up their claims.

I have said this before...Its easier to say someone is wrong than prove they are wrong. People asking for proof can't provide the proof they need to back up what they think.

http://en.wikipedia....l_team#Schedule

Take a look at these pages. Go look at the schedule part of the page, and take notice of the figures under the "attendance" column. Keep in mind Doak-Cambell seats 82,300.

FSU has "great" football support huh?

Good post. They are having a much better season but are at 49,000 below max attendance for the season which is almost a 10,000 below capacity game average. We are have a horrible season and are at 20,000 below capacity. 4,000 per game average and most of that was from the 13,000 from New Mex. St.

FSU joined the ACC 20 years ago this year. They have 12 ACC titles in that time frame. Clemson has 1, VaTech has 4, GT has one (they vacated the title). Wake Forest and Maryland have the other two.

Compared to what Chiz inherited

2005 SEC — 2nd 9 3 — Lost 2006 Capital One Bowl against the Wisconsin Badgers, 10–24 ^ 2006 SEC — 2nd 11 2 — Won 2007 Cotton Bowl Classic against the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 17–14 ^ 2007 SEC — 2nd 9 4 — Won 2007 Chick-fil-A Bowl against the Clemson Tigers, 23–20 ^ 2008 SEC — 5th 5 7 —

Jimbo or Gus............Power Brokers say Jimbo. I am happy either way.

I look at Jimbo's years with FSU as Head Coach and see improvement over Bowden's last 4 to 5 years.

I see Gus doing a pretty fair job at Arkansas State. It was fun watching his offense against La Monroe and even Oregon earlier in the year.

More of the same. Jimbo will be told what to do as Chizik was. If JJ stays the athletic program will continue to decline.

Sad to agree with you here. Things must be the same in Tallahassee as they are in Auburn right now. How can we expect a guy who can't win in the ACC to compete in the SEC?

ST is right 9 times out of 10. iHiring Jimbo and Dameyune would be huge. Anyone that knows anything about those two and the current state of Auburn football would tell you it'd be a dream come true for Auburn.

@SumterAubie ST is the reason this message board exsist. He has very good conections in and around the Auburn Athletic department he also has great connections that come from his line of work.

FSU joined the ACC 20 years ago this year. They have 12 ACC titles in that time frame. Clemson has 1, VaTech has 4, GT has one (they vacated the title). Wake Forest and Maryland have the other two.

20 years ago FSU had a football program that was flush with cash.

How many ACC Titles has FSU managed in the last decade and what was their record when they did?

How many BCS appearances has FSU had in the last decade?

FSU joined the ACC on July 1, 1991, they have not won a single conference championship since 2005 and this is 2012. They have done nothing nationally since 1999. They rank 33rd nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 73-46.

Virginia Tech ranks 8 nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 102-33. Clemson has 79 wins over the same time span.

It is nice to live in the past, but FSU has done nothing lately although it appears Fisher could have them on the right track if they could afford to sustain it.

LOL. But you didnt compare FSU's attendance, finances, recruiting, record and resources of the other programs in the ACC. Is attendance down? Yes but attendance is still better than most other programs in the ACC. FSU recruits better than every team in the ACC. FSU attracts more coaching talent than any other program in the ACC. How many other ACC programs could have gotten Jimbo? Duke? Maryland? Virginia? GT? NC? NC State? VT?

How many ACC Titles has FSU managed in the last decade and what was their record when they did?

FSU joined the ACC on July 1, 1991, they have not won a single conference championship since 2005 and this is 2012. They have done nothing nationally since 1999. They rank 33rd nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 73-46.

Virginia Tech ranks 8 nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 102-33. Clemson has 79 wins over the same time span.

It is nice to live in the past, but FSU has done nothing lately although it appears Fisher could have them on the right track if they could afford to sustain it.

To be honest and fair.....Bobby was well on his way to running that program in the ground. What cost him his job, and FSU's ACC dominance, was when Bobby hired his son Jeff to be the OC and refused to get rid of him when it was obvious he was in over his head. It was all downhill from there. The game had also passed Mickey Andrews by. Jimbo does have their program heading back in the right direction. Many of the older 'Noles will never be in his corner though. He is the one the replaced their legend.

I am not saying Jimbo is the right man for our job. I really don't know. I believe he is a poor man's Coach Tub. I am a HUGE Coach Tub fan and always will be. The knock on Coach Tub was "he lost some every year he shouldn't have". Jimbo has had that happen also. I will say Jimbo is on my short list as far as names I have seen that we have a legitimate shot at getting. The vast majority of names I have seen are nothing but a pipe dream IMO.

To be honest and fair.....Bobby was well on his way to running that program in the ground. What cost him his job, and FSU's ACC dominance, was when Bobby hired his son Jeff to be the OC and refused to get rid of him when it was obvious he was in over his head. It was all downhill from there. The game had also passed Mickey Andrews by. Jimbo does have their program heading back in the right direction. Many of the older 'Noles will never be in his corner though. He is the one the replaced their legend.

I am not saying Jimbo is the right man for our job. I really don't know. I believe he is a poor man's Coach Tub. I am a HUGE Coach Tub fan and always will be. The knock on Coach Tub was "he lost some every year he shouldn't have". Jimbo has had that happen also. I will say Jimbo is on my short list as far as names I have seen that we have a legitimate shot at getting. The vast majority of names I have seen are nothing but a pipe dream IMO.

I am not about fair, just fact.

The fact is that the FSU Athletic Department is in trouble right now and that rules the dynamics when Auburn is considered. What FSU did 20 years ago or what they might do a decade from now is not a concern of mine in this topic of conversation. Right now, today, and in the near future, Auburn is a much better coaching destination than FSU has any chance of being. This is the only concern for this line of discussion.

More than 8 other programs in the ACC are more financially stable at the moment than FSU. For a coach and staff that are looking to get paid and rewarded for their efforts and achievements in the future, there are currently dozens of better options than FSU including every program in the current SEC. The fact that Fisher has family ties to Auburn and this area might give Auburn an even bigger upper hand, but I have no direct knowledge of this.

The fact is that the FSU Athletic Department is in trouble right now and that rules the dynamics when Auburn is considered. What FSU did 20 years ago or what they might do a decade from now is not a concern of mine in this topic of conversation. Right now, today, and in the near future, Auburn is a much better coaching destination than FSU has any chance of being. This is the only concern for this line of discussion.

More than 8 other programs in the ACC are more financially stable at the moment than FSU. For a coach and staff that are looking to get paid and rewarded for their efforts and achievements in the future, there are currently dozens of better options than FSU including every program in the current SEC. The fact that Fisher has family ties to Auburn and this area might give Auburn an even bigger upper hand, but I have no direct knowledge of this.

Actually, I stated a page or so ago that while I have no "inisde information" regarding Auburn, I do have "inside information" regarding FSU. I stated they are having financial problems. So you are actually arguing to a wall.

Actually, I stated a page or so ago that while I have no "inisde information" regarding Auburn, I do have "inside information" regarding FSU. I stated they are having financial problems. So you are actually arguing to a wall.

this backs you up....

http://chronicle.com/blogs/players/rising-and-falling-on-football/30103

this backs you up....

http://chronicle.com...-football/30103

Thanks for that link. Yeah, I grew up with four different families that had the Bowden's home phone number. This was before cell phones. They donated a lot of money to FSU. I know for a fact three of the four families don't donate any more. The other family may not. I just don't talk to any of them anymore. They also told me a lot of former boosters they knew stopped donating when they ran Bobby off. That is the #1 factor donations are down IMO.

Well thank god you are honest and fair.........I feel soooooooo much better now

Well are they in trouble because boosters did not like the way papa Bowden was ran off...or is it fiscal irresponsibility? would the money come back if Jimbo left? Didn't they pony up cash to keep Stoops? Regardless of the financial situation there what does that have to do with Jimbo laying an egg against NCst this year and Wake last year........where are his signature wins as a head coach? I see some signature losses but no great wins? Broke or not they are still the school of choice for football players in the ACC, and the most visible program for that conference...especially with the U being down

Archived