ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be OK with Jimbo Fisher. However IF we do hire hime we need to get him in Auburn ASAP as soon as Chizik retires. If we wait until January to name a HC we will have zero recruits for the 2013 class. And Jimbo needs to bring Gran and Craig back home to lock down the 2013 class.

I would be OK with Jimbo Fisher. However IF we do hire hime we need to get him in Auburn ASAP as soon as Chizik retires.

I hate to be picky, but this sure as hell ain't a retirement.

Is there anyway that we can hear this from ST? Where is he at and why hasn't he been posting? We need him to post for clarification. We miss ST!!

Also where in the heck is BigBird at he use to tell us we had a 50/50 shot at anything??

ST is running 2 companies plus is the advertising executive for AUF and really does not have time to post.

Ok thanks. Anyword on the Bird?

I would be OK with Jimbo Fisher. However IF we do hire hime we need to get him in Auburn ASAP as soon as Chizik retires.

Could be wrong, but I believe that is a Tubs reference...resigns but gets $6mm. CGC will "retire"/"resign" (i.e fired) and get $7.5mm

I wish it was Jeff Fisher. Jimbo would be an upgrade I guess. I like his staff a LOT.

I would rather have Jeff Fisher.

I don't see what Jeff would have over Jimbo. Jimbo's got college coaching experience and has been heavily recruiting this area for years.

I don't see what Jeff would have over Jimbo. Jimbo's got college coaching experience and has been heavily recruiting this area for years.

Perception plus he is a fantastic coach that would give AU instant credibility with virtually every recruit. He could hire assistants to "recruit".

And consider this, most schools don't easily fire coaches who have won a National Championship - except us! Good luck finding another school dumb enough to let their championship coach get away, let alone fire him. We are something else....

Name me one school that had two wins, with three games to go, just two short seasons after winning a NC.

....or at 1-7 had the worse start to their season since 1952, or if it goes 3-9 will have the most losses of any AU team since the 0-10 campaign in 1950, or that set all time negative records in scoring defense for their program for 3 years, or that..... well you get the idea.

A lot of people saw this happening 2 years ago..............I defended CGC until the ARK game..........then I came out of the denial phase!!LOL

Yep, the Arky game was the one for me too.

Perception plus he is a fantastic coach that would give AU instant credibility with virtually every recruit. He could hire assistants to "recruit".

He's a good NFL coach. NFL and college are two different games, in two different worlds.

I'm not saying I'd be against Jeff Fisher if he was interested, but outside of name recognition, I wouldn't consider him a step up from Jimbo.

I wish it was Jeff Fisher. Jimbo would be an upgrade I guess. I like his staff a LOT.

I would rather have Jeff Fisher.

If we had the ability to get someone like Jeff Fisher do you think we would have ended up with Chizik the last time around? Good grief.

Jimbo would be a solid hire and I hope it happens. Not my first choice but would definitely be in the top five.

I can see people wanting "their" guy but any one who would be unhappy with this hire need to get their heads out of the clouds. Jeff Fisher, Jimmy Johnson, Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly, and Pete Carrol are not going to come to Auburn to coach. Jimbo would probably be the most accomplished coach to ever take a job at Auburn so I'm not sure how likely it is this will happen.

He's a good NFL coach. NFL and college are two different games, in two different worlds.

I'm not saying I'd be against Jeff Fisher if he was interested, but outside of name recognition, I wouldn't consider him a step up from Jimbo.

I am not saying I am against Jimbo, but in general, moving down to college (along with the right supporting staff) is easier than moving up to the NFL. NFL Fisher is considered one of the best in the game. Jimbo is certainly considered a good coach, but if given the choice, it seems pretty obvious to me.

Yeah, and like I said BOT, ain't we proud to be the first to do this. Wonder why other schools haven't done this? Could it be they had patience and loyalty? Or could it be their supporters didn't become a mob out to have someone fired because they realized it was a dumba$$ decision. Huhhmmmm....

That's what I think of completely changing the identity of the team after 3 years of recruiting and not developing players. Micromanaging your team into oblivion. Becoming a dictator of the team and overstepping the responsibilty of your hired coordinators. Completely losing your team. THAT....WAS A DUMBASS DECISION.

I think I could retire nicely with 7.5 million....jus sayin

Their defense I believe is top 10 in the country right now. I'd be happy. Offense isn't shabby either.

Their D is #1. Not bad at all.

:jump:

We can do better (Stoops, Gundy).

As I have told you before Gundy is not leaving his alma mater.

When did you talk to Gundy? In person or on the phone? Or, if you gleaned this information from an article in the media, can you provide a link?

Just use your common sense instead of always questioning me. This did not take talking to Gundy. It is strictly a statement of common sense.

If Fisher is hired its not a given Stoops will follow he is a hot assistant that can get a HC gig somewhere after the season but more than likely most of his assistants will come with him. Maybe Eddie Goldman and Jameis Winston will transfer to AU if Fisher is hired.

.....these kids are not going to follow Jimbo all over the country also they have to be released or sit out longer

We can do better (Stoops, Gundy).

As I have told you before Gundy is not leaving his alma mater.

When did you talk to Gundy? In person or on the phone? Or, if you gleaned this information from an article in the media, can you provide a link?

Just use your common sense instead of always questioning me. This did not take talking to Gundy. It is strictly a statement of common sense.

E just stated the obvious. Think about it.

Archived