Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

Please don't start saying Campbell was great. He was like Jemarcus Russell out of lsu. Part of a good team, made to look great by great running backs. Drafted high and exposed for what they were...overrated.

OK Campbell wasn't a good QB on an undefeated team. :ucrazy: Yeah the NFL is the same as college ball. I guess Craig wasn't a good college QB either since he went undrafted by the NFL.

Not trying to be a SA, but I did say "great." He was "good" but not the caliber to be drafted 1st round. He had a cannon for an arm which worked well when you could effectively do play action. What else did he do? We played Leard ahead of him for goodness sake.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To clarify (from Mayor... his info, not opinion),

If JJ gets fired before a hire is annouced it will be Jeff Fisher.

Otherwise, it could still be JF and JJ gets terminated later or GM/BP. JF is target #1. He wants the job. Les Snead/AD is a big bargaining point.

The scuttlebutt about NCAA investigation is obviously being used by opponents of JJ to get him out. He apparently is tight with Dr Gouge. My guess is that it will take some serious pressure from the board.

My opinion... if this remains unsettled through next week end, don't think for a minute that what Bama does in the SECCG may not effect the balance in terms of financing and leverage. All 3 of these guys want the job, there is no reason to believe otherwise. I image they all 3 think a turn around can be swift (GM has said as much last week).

where did this rumor/inside info come from the mayor at? havent seen it? i`m assuming its the mayor of chillville,i just remember he broke the reason that Lache Seastrunk never came to AU and from Seastrunks interveiw about AU after he signed with Oregon i believe it strongly to be true.He is an excellent source

Facebook PM.

max did you get the impression that he thought he might come even without Snead?

He said that it could happen that way initially, but Snead would eventually replace JJ. Snead is JFs leverage with the powers that be. Snead is a '93 grad and obviously JF has a very good idea about the program. Both those guys have a pretty good idea about the culture and the BOT etc. I don't think JF comes without the guarantee of LS future employment.

Oh and if Gus comes on board we will probably be stuck with Frazier at QB again..... Proven recipe for failure!

How is it a proven recipe for failure ? KF never started under Gus nor has Gus been HC at Auburn? And he was poorly coached this season.

Wow. The ignorance on internet message boards is staggering. Nobody knows if Gus would be successful as HC at Auburn. But he has been very successful at every single place he has ever coached. In his first year as a HC he is about to win the Sunbelt in a year when it is probably the most competitive that it has been in many years. La Monroe, La. Lafayette, Middle Tennessee, Western KY, Troy, all pretty strong, competitive teams.

PLEASE PLEASE quit spouting stupid crap like "we need a proven winner!"

What does that mean!?!?!?! Dan Hawkins? He won 10 games five years in a row at Boise State. Then went on to absolutely suck at COlorado. Jeff Fisher!?!? He has a .543 winning % in the NFL. Mike Sherman had a .548 winning %. How'd that work out for Texas A&M. I guess we are way better than Oklahoma, Florida, FSU, Louisville, Oky State, Oregon, Washington Georgia, etc. Because they ALL hired talented coordinators that went on to be great HC's.

Kevin Sumlin would not have qualified as a proven winner. Had one great season at Houston with 3 mediocre seasons. Petrino has NEVER beat the elite teams. Period. His incredible offenses average LESS THAN 250 yds against LSU and Bama the last few years. Plus he is practically un-hirable due to his complete lack of professional ethics that put his former University in an absolutely horrible predicament.

Gus has always struck me as an incredibly smart coach that would be a solid hire for any program.

I approve this message, and would like to add Muschamp to that list of unproven HC winners, but good coordinators who went in to be successful...

To clarify (from Mayor... his info, not opinion),

If JJ gets fired before a hire is annouced it will be Jeff Fisher.

Otherwise, it could still be JF and JJ gets terminated later or GM/BP. JF is target #1. He wants the job. Les Snead/AD is a big bargaining point.

The scuttlebutt about NCAA investigation is obviously being used by opponents of JJ to get him out. He apparently is tight with Dr Gouge. My guess is that it will take some serious pressure from the board.

My opinion... if this remains unsettled through next week end, don't think for a minute that what Bama does in the SECCG may not effect the balance in terms of financing and leverage. All 3 of these guys want the job, there is no reason to believe otherwise. I image they all 3 think a turn around can be swift (GM has said as much last week).

where did this rumor/inside info come from the mayor at? havent seen it? i`m assuming its the mayor of chillville,i just remember he broke the reason that Lache Seastrunk never came to AU and from Seastrunks interveiw about AU after he signed with Oregon i believe it strongly to be true.He is an excellent source

Facebook PM.

max did you get the impression that he thought he might come even without Snead?

He said that it could happen that way initially, but Snead would eventually replace JJ. Snead is JFs leverage with the powers that be. Snead is a '93 grad and obviously JF has a very good idea about the program. Both those guys have a pretty good idea about the culture and the BOT etc. I don't think JF comes without the guarantee of LS future employment.

Easy enough for me....write it up...sign it tonight....deadline of when JJ Leaves and Contract for Snead....Announce it tomorrow! Enough said...JF is a quality coach and would bring much excitement to the fan base. Snead could then come in and clean house. Maybe we could get back to winning ways in all programs....Our current AD Department reminds me of what has been left in the equestrian stables and it isn't hay!....

Wasn't Gus' dream job Arkansas? With it being open, wouldn't he take it over Auburn?

Arkansas is shooting bigger. Petersen, Patterson, Gundy

Is Auburn not the bigger job?

I would stay away from Boise coaches...see Hawkins and Koetter, they both left Boise and flamed out. Not to say Petersen would do the same, just historically their coaches have failed when hired at BCS schools. As for Gundy, does he even prepare his team defensively...Patterson, I can see...

Wasn't Gus' dream job Arkansas? With it being open, wouldn't he take it over Auburn?

Auburn is the better job. What I was saying is Arkansas is going after a more established head coach than Gus.

I think that's the point many are making...that Auburn is a bigger job.

If that list is who they are actually offering and not just internet rumor then Arkansas AD is doing his job by trying for the best and working his way down. We might be doing the same thing. All we really have is internet speculation.

Will Muschamp - another AU asst that bailed because of AU atheltic dept shenanigans, some say Gus did the same. Gus is on his way..AU has a chance to hire the right man, like we had a shot at Muschamp...but did not reel him in. Bring the Gus bus back to the plains....

I would stay away from Boise coaches...see Hawkins and Koetter, they both left Boise and flamed out. Not to say Petersen would do the same, just historically their coaches have failed when hired at BCS schools. As for Gundy, does he even prepare his team defensively...Patterson, I can see...

Hawkins left and people realized who the true brains were when Peterson took over. Peterson is the best coach in the country, and we'd be fools not to try and hire him.

He has a gimmicky offense that well-coached defenses can shut down. He will not be able to recruit the big time defensive recruits ... AND ... He has never developed a quarterback!!!

If AU wants to compete with the alabamas, LSUs, and UGAs... Malzahn is not the right choice. It will be more of the same. 6-6 or 7-5, with losses to all the big boys.

Yeah, I've really enjoyed all the points we have been putting up since CGM left. I just hope we stick with trying to run the same offense as our cross state rival who has a nearly insurmountable recruiting advantage right now...

So if it's that easy, why build a search committee?

Probably to keep JJ's house from burning to the ground if the fan base sees him hiring Chizik 2.0.

Gus does not like recruiting. For that reason alone, he will not be the next HC.

Your posts are idiotic....seriously. .. he RECRUITED one of the best qbs to ever play in college. .. your posts since you've been here have all been diarrhea of the mouth ... claiming to be some "insider" please. ... posting opinions on a message board us one thing but posting moronic statements claiming to be facts is another

Gus does not like recruiting. For that reason alone, he will not be the next HC.

Your posts are idiotic....seriously. .. he RECRUITED one of the best qbs to ever play in college. .. your posts since you've been here have all been diarrhea of the mouth since you've been on this board... claiming to be some "insider" please. ... posting opinions on a message board us one thing but posting moronic statements claiming to be facts is another

[quote name=tigerjeffm' timestamp='1353877373' post='1746

820]

Auburn will continue to get their asses handed to them by Nick Saban if Malzahn in the head coach. JJ has to go. If he is retained, mediocrity or worse is all we have to look forward to in all major sports

Who HAS been able to match up with Saban? It was a Malzahn offense in 09 that almost knocked off UAT and it was a Malzahn O in 2010 that fought back for a 28-27 win wasn't it? Are we going to lure Les Miles away? He is part of a short list of coaches who have been competitive.

Archived