Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

He had 6 games with less than 200 yds passing. He broke 300 yds twice. He then has the greatest season passing as a rookie in nfl history and that doesn't make you question his collegiate coaching?

It is well known that Cam went to George Whitfield Jr after leaving Auburn to become a better QB. LINK Oh, and Johnny Football went to him this summer to get better. Gus didn't develop any QB. He was at Tulsa what two years? Both seasons he worked with a senior QB. SO I don't see a track record of developing QBs. Now he didn't have that much of a chance but he did have trotter for a couple of years and Moseley....since neither of them stepped up this year or were that good in 2011, I will let you decide on his success with QBs that he developed.

Exactly. If Gus is so great at coaching qbs, why did Cam feel he needed to get more coaching?

Are you arguing that Gus didnt properly utilize Cams ability or are you arguing that he didnt prepare Cam for the NFL? If its the former, the Heisman trophy and crystal football in AU's trophy case would argue against that. If its the latter I agree but Cam was only with Gus for one year. Also Meyer didnt do Tebow any favors either. Doesnt make the 3 BSCNC's those two won any less real.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus wouldn't be my first choice ( fourth actually) but some of you bashing him to try and convince others he is not a good coach have lost y'alls minds. Complaining because is team is ONLY 18th in offense? C'mon man. Saying he didn't let Cam pass enough? Ha, I guess he was too busy running an offense on its way to a NC to worry about passing stats. Shame on him. What the man is a genious at is taking what offensive talent he has and building around that. And his offenses have set records have set records every year he was not handcuffed. I'm not saying he's ready for a job like Auburn but trying to downgrade his coaching abilities because he's not 'your guy' is asanine.

Gus wouldn't be my first choice ( fourth actually) but some of you bashing him to try and convince others he is not a good coach have lost y'alls minds. Complaining because is team is ONLY 18th in offense? C'mon man. Saying he didn't let Cam pass enough? Ha, I guess he was too busy running an offense on its way to a NC to worry about passing stats. Shame on him. What the man is a genious at is taking what offensive talent he has and building around that. And his offenses have set records have set records every year he was not handcuffed. I'm not saying he's ready for a job like Auburn but trying to downgrade his coaching abilities because he's not 'your guy' is asanine.

THIS... and Im a Petrino guy...

By the way may we stop quoting a page worth of replies. It makes this hard to follow. Thanks in advance

If he is hired we will still not have good QB development unless he hires somebody that is pretty good at QB development or unless AU hires George Whitfield to come in for a summer session....

I said he was a good coach but he would be competing against saban, definitely not the sun belt.

What do you mean? How do you want things?

He means that he wishes everyone took certain people's dogma and followed along unquestioning like a good sheep. Sorta like a cult.

Or just not be a *****. Apparently that is hard for some people to accomplish. ^^^^^^^

*****? I don't even know her. WDE!

That's the 2nd time I've been called a name in the last half hour. If what I said was incorrect I invite you to show me why I'm wrong. If your only retort is name calling I invite you to grow up.

Do you mean like calling people sheep or being cult members? Something kind of like that?

Do you remember the night Loeffler was hired on AE? Everyone knew that it was an awful hire, and most people said so. I had 2 posts deleted. Both posts basically amounted to "we waited 2 months to hire Temple's inexperienced oc". I wasn't the only one who was censored for being honest saying this was an awful hire. Same thing happened when Chizik was hired. My point is if you didn't have a positive reaction to everything on that site your opinion didn't matter. That's the end of my rant.

Do you really think things changed after the merger? Lots of people have been banned from this site this year for posting things that would pale in comparison to the standard post the last three weeks. This site has lost all credibility with it's over moderation and schizophrenic posts by the "insiders". Lot of truth to the old saying, "You get what you pay for".

I do think this site is better. I know what you are talking about and I agree with that. My point of contention is that on AE there were certain people that you weren't allow to question. Period. End of story. They were omnipotent. On this site it's been my experience that everyone will get questioned, and you will have to defend your views. I'm perfectly fine with that, because it benefits everyone.

I said he was a good coach but he would be competing against saban, definitely not the sun belt.

Understand. And while I wouldn't cut the back flips I would if either Fisher was hired or Petrino, I would be cautiously optimistic if we do name Malzhan. Really anyone outside of that would just as big if not bigger crap shot.

Talk to a few Bama fans if you can bear it. They seem to be rooting for Malzahn to get the job. What they don't want is someone like Petrino.

that's what I have noticed since the possibility of him coaching AU. Not only r bama fans scared of the idea, the sabanite media guys r as well!!

The sabanite media is trending now!! Wrote an article on the breport telling AU that BP is not the coach they need!! Fear is noted.

The BP Bama is undefeated against? And thoroughly dominated against? Are u high?

My only gripe with Malzhan is Dyer. And i do wonder aboutthe way he handles the players he has and does he gain the respect needed to keep the problems to a minimum.

My point with Malzahn is this: he is inexperienced and ill-prepared for this job at this time. I thought he did a good job with Todd. He had an undefeated team with Cam and he deserves his share of the credit for that, but we are talking about the best college football player I've ever seen. He would make a lot of oc's look better than they are. My point in that regard is when Cam was at Auburn, he never dominated through the air. His rookie season he dominated passing. I think it begs the question "why did we never see that at Auburn?". Was it because we didn't need it? About half our games were in doubt in the 2nd half, we didn't really steamroll many. I think it's something to think about. I don't hate Malzahn, I just don't think he's ready for this.

I think Gus could win 8 games a year. We would continue to lose to Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and some other team but if everyone is happy with 8 wins then lets hire him now! Does 8 wins make everyone happy?

Talk to a few Bama fans if you can bear it. They seem to be rooting for Malzahn to get the job. What they don't want is someone like Petrino.

that's what I have noticed since the possibility of him coaching AU. Not only r bama fans scared of the idea, the sabanite media guys r as well!!

The sabanite media is trending now!! Wrote an article on the breport telling AU that BP is not the coach they need!! Fear is noted.

The BP Bama is undefeated against? And thoroughly dominated against? Are u high?

How many coaches have beaten Saban more than once over the past 4 years? And no, if memory serves me right he was in a couple of the games against UAT till late in the 4th Quarter

if they consider him they might as well interview high school coaches too. this is a joke. i bet they aready have a coach in the works and will name the new coach withing the next week

Yeah we gimmicked enough to make it close along with a monumental defensive effort by shutting down their run game in 2009. In 2010, Saban figured out how to slow down offense and Cam won that game. In 2011, with no Cam, Saban knew exactly what Gus was going to do next. Oh except that play where O"Mac hides behind the OLine. Man that play reallly caught their defense off guard. I believe if we'd ran that play several times, we may not have lost 42-14

How many coaches have beaten Saban more than once over the past 4 years? And no, if memory serves me right he was in a couple of the games against UAT till late in the 4th Quarter

Extend your criteria and say how many coaches have a beaten Saban more than once while he was coaching in the SEC and off the Top of my Head....Tubbs!

I think Gus could win 8 games a year. We would continue to lose to Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and some other team but if everyone is happy with 8 wins then lets hire him now! Does 8 wins make everyone happy?

EXACTLY!!! If Auburn is ok with New Years Eve Bowl appearences... Gus is your man. I mean, once every 3 to 4 years he might sneak up beat a Georgia or TAMU 49-45. We will be battling the Mississippi schools for 5th in the West.

Are we talking about hiring any of them - no. Why would Bama fans want AU to hire a guy they have beat soundly the four times they played him,??And he was in only one of those games ..two maybe...most were blowouts...

My only gripe with Malzhan is Dyer. And i do wonder aboutthe way he handles the players he has and does he gain the respect needed to keep the problems to a minimum.

Great point. Disappointed I never thought about that. Sold his soul for Dyer at Arky St. Considering how long it took Chizik to dump Dyer, Gus knew exactly what he was getting. Don't need more of that.

EXACTLY!!! If Auburn is ok with New Years Eve Bowl appearences... Gus is your man. I mean, once every 3 to 4 years he might sneak up beat a Georgia or TAMU 49-45. We will be battling the Mississippi schools for 5th in the West.

You can't just declare that's what his record would be as a fact and then use the just-invented fact as an argument.

If we hire Charlie Weiss then everyone will have to wear socks on their hands and won't be able to hold their drinks. Is that what you want? For Auburn fans to not be able to hold drinks???? See, it's bs.

Archived