Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

My point with Malzahn is this: he is inexperienced and ill-prepared for this job at this time. I thought he did a good job with Todd. He had an undefeated team with Cam and he deserves his share of the credit for that, but we are talking about the best college football player I've ever seen. He would make a lot of oc's look better than they are. My point in that regard is when Cam was at Auburn, he never dominated through the air. His rookie season he dominated passing. I think it begs the question "why did we never see that at Auburn?". Was it because we didn't need it? About half our games were in doubt in the 2nd half, we didn't really steamroll many. I think it's something to think about. I don't hate Malzahn, I just don't think he's ready for this.

Cam passed for over 200 yards in 8 games in 2010. He passed for 30 TD's. Really don't understand how anyone can not be excited about the possibility of Malzahn coming back. His offense has been extremely successful everywhere he has been. He is about to win the Sun Belt conference in his first season has a a HC. He is a Chip Kelly-like perfectionist who could potentially be a HR hire. Every hire has pros and cons. To me, Malzahn has a ton of upside. Just don't get the reservation of some folks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gus could win 8 games a year. We would continue to lose to Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and some other team but if everyone is happy with 8 wins then lets hire him now! Does 8 wins make everyone happy?

EXACTLY!!! If Auburn is ok with New Years Eve Bowl appearences... Gus is your man. I mean, once every 3 to 4 years he might sneak up beat a Georgia or TAMU 49-45. We will be battling the Mississippi schools for 5th in the West.

You can't just declare that's what his record would be as a fact and then use the just-invented fact as an argument.

If we hire Charlie Weiss then everyone will have to wear socks on their hands and won't be able to hold their drinks. Is that what you want? For Auburn fans to not be able to hold drinks???? See, it's bs.

I don't care how everyone holds their drinks. lol I have just watched enough football to know that he will never win big consistently with an offense that relies too much on gimmick plays and has that many three and outs. Seriously, I watch every game at least twice to see what I missed the first time. I know how good he did in 2009, how he was stopped in 2009, 2010, 2011 and so on! His resume is no where it should be to be taken seriously as our head coach.

My only gripe with Malzhan is Dyer. And i do wonder aboutthe way he handles the players he has and does he gain the respect needed to keep the problems to a minimum.

Great point. Disappointed I never thought about that. Sold his soul for Dyer at Arky St. Considering how long it took Chizik to dump Dyer, Gus knew exactly what he was getting. Don't need more of that.

Didn't dyer get kicked to the curb when he screwed up again? Gus may have given him another shot unless he messed it up which is what Dyer did

My point with Malzahn is this: he is inexperienced and ill-prepared for this job at this time. I thought he did a good job with Todd. He had an undefeated team with Cam and he deserves his share of the credit for that, but we are talking about the best college football player I've ever seen. He would make a lot of oc's look better than they are. My point in that regard is when Cam was at Auburn, he never dominated through the air. His rookie season he dominated passing. I think it begs the question "why did we never see that at Auburn?". Was it because we didn't need it? About half our games were in doubt in the 2nd half, we didn't really steamroll many. I think it's something to think about. I don't hate Malzahn, I just don't think he's ready for this.

Cam passed for over 200 yards in 8 games in 2010. He passed for 30 TD's. Really don't understand how anyone can not be excited about the possibility of Malzahn coming back. His offense has been extremely successful everywhere he has been. He is about to win the Sun Belt conference in his first season has a a HC. He is a Chip Kelly-like perfectionist who could potentially be a HR hire. Every hire has pros and cons. To me, Malzahn has a ton of upside. Just don't get the reservation of some folks.

Only if CGM brings in a good QB coach as he hasn't shown that he develops QBs. You need a good QB to run his system that can throw and run....he simply hasn't developed one....If you think other wise exhibit a) Trotter b)Moseley c)to a lesser extent KF this year...

I think Gus could win 8 games a year. We would continue to lose to Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and some other team but if everyone is happy with 8 wins then lets hire him now! Does 8 wins make everyone happy?

EXACTLY!!! If Auburn is ok with New Years Eve Bowl appearences... Gus is your man. I mean, once every 3 to 4 years he might sneak up beat a Georgia or TAMU 49-45. We will be battling the Mississippi schools for 5th in the West.

You can't just declare that's what his record would be as a fact and then use the just-invented fact as an argument.

If we hire Charlie Weiss then everyone will have to wear socks on their hands and won't be able to hold their drinks. Is that what you want? For Auburn fans to not be able to hold drinks???? See, it's bs.

Not saying it is fact.... BUT... the FACT is we need an experienced coach who can come in and turn this ship around. Gus would be a decent hire if we weren't in such a cluster f@#%. It is a must that we get someone who has proven himself by rebuilding a program. Someone who has done more with less. Someone who has won as head coach at a big-time program.

Sad generation of auburn fans after reading some of these posts. ...honestly its embarrassing

I agree

Its ridiculous. ..those with a football iq regardless if you have a different opinion of who the next hc should be are being over thrown by the "rake and pitch fork" crowd that wont be happy until everyone is fired even in the swimming department and bill billichick is our coach

Sad generation of auburn fans after reading some of these posts. ...honestly its embarrassing

I agree

Well, I think it's embarrassing that Auburn would stoop to hiring a decent OC / inexperienced Sun Belt HC to clean up this once great program.

I agree

Its ridiculous. ..those with a football iq regardless if you have a different opinion of who the next hc should be are being over thrown by the "rake and pitch fork" crowd that wont be happy until everyone is fired even in the swimming department and bill billichick is our coach

Belichick has never beaten Saban. Plus he had that whole cheating thing. Auburn is too good for him.

Only if CGM brings in a good QB coach as he hasn't shown that he develops QBs. You need a good QB to run his system that can throw and run....he simply hasn't developed one....If you think other wise exhibit a) Trotter b)Moseley c)to a lesser extent KF this year...

Yeah that Todd just broke all those records under Malzahn.

I agree

Well, I think it's embarrassing that Auburn would stoop to hiring a decent OC / inexperienced Sun Belt HC to clean up this once great program.

Dye coached at Wyoming and ECU before coming to AU.

I agree

Belichick has never beaten Saban. Plus he had that whole cheating thing. Auburn is too good for him.

I don't like the way Belichick wears his sweatshirts.

Someone please give me a list of all these proven winners who have turned around a big time program...or more specifically, a list of such people who would be willing to coach at Auburn...

Todd was a 5th year senior... I think we can credit Mike Leach for developing Chris Todd. just sayin.

I agree

I don't like the way Belichick wears his sweatshirts.

But wait isn't that how saban wears his though

Not saying it is fact.... BUT... the FACT is we need an experienced coach who can come in and turn this ship around. Gus would be a decent hire if we weren't in such a cluster f@#%. It is a must that we get someone who has proven himself by rebuilding a program. Someone who has done more with less. Someone who has won as head coach at a big-time program.

No, we need a coach who can come in and turn this ship around. Why would a proven winner at a big time program leave his winning program to go do it again somewhere else? It is a must that we identify a coach who has his s*** together and can grab this program by the scruff of it's neck and shove it in the right direction. That man may be an assistant, a young head coach or a retread who finally gets it. How do you think Bill Belichick was received in New England fresh off a 33-44 record in Cleveland? He had 1 winning year with the Browns. 1. You and I are not in the interview room, we do not know how Malzahn prepares and we didnt know how Chiz prepared. We don't know what we need to know to make decisions. We can sit here and talk to other fans about what we THINK or what direction we would like to go but we are just fans. No one is right and no one is wrong, we are talking about what we think.

You think we need an experienced head coach, that's cool. I think that would be nice but if the people making millions at Auburn do their jobs, they will identify the right man and hire him. That's it. I can't tell you how Malzahn, Petrino, Fisher or Strong will do here, if I could I wouldn't be on a message board right now I'd be lighting a cigar with a stack of hundreds in Vegas.

In reference to the Dye comment a couple earlier posts..... That was in 1980 and a different era. Plus Vince Dooley had accepted the job and later decided to remain at Georgia. He highly recommended that Auburn hire Dye.

Todd was a 5th year senior... I think we can credit Mike Leach for developing Chris Todd. just sayin.

Leach ....really. .......how delusionnal are you people.....you do realize todd played in franklins o and was AWFUL. ...this is absolutely insane. ...my brain is beginning to hurt from trying to dumb down and understand these comments

I agree

Dye coached at Wyoming and ECU before coming to AU.

See, that's the problem... quit living in the past. This is a totally different ballgame than it was 30 years ago. The game has changed!

Someone please give me a list of all these proven winners who have turned around a big time program...or more specifically, a list of such people who would be willing to coach at Auburn...

Here's the list: Bobby Petrino

Gus has never developed a college QB on his own. i would rather give him a few years to see how well he develops a QB he recruited and coached up. Cam was "ready to go" and so was his Senior QB at ASU. He needs to be somewhere long enough he can show if he can develop a QB. I think he has lucked into a lot of what he is given credit for.

So Gus lucked into the QB at Arkansas, Tulsa, Auburn 3 years and Arky St? Dude's got some serious luck.

Leach ....really. .......how delusionnal are you people.....you do realize todd played in franklins o and was AWFUL. ...this is absolutely insane. ...my brain is beginning to hurt from trying to dumb down and understand these comments

La Tech Number 1 in the country in total offense this year. Tony Franklin is OC.

Archived