Malzahn the likely replacement

Rednilla

dont understand the hate for Malzahn

hes been a winner at every level

Petrino doesnt have any championships as far as I know. Dont get the infatuation with him

We need an established HC with a proven track record of winning and doing it within the NCAA rules. Gus is not that.

What?? 8-5 twice without a QB, and bowl wins both years! A natioal title with a QB. Gus isn't proven??

No, he's not. He doesn't even have a full year as a college HC. Chizik had 2 undefeated seasons and a MNC as a DC, that didn't make him a good HC.

If you still haven't figured it out, Gus was the HC at AU for three years. Thought that was obvious by now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petrino doesnt have any championships as far as I know. Dont get the infatuation with him

Replace "Malzahn" with "Chizik" and take us all back to December 2008.

Same song that some were singing then.

no because Chizik had losing seasons at ISU

Malzahn does not

new argument

Yeah, he has less than ONE YEAR as a head coach with a team that did BETTER last year under the previous coach who was hired by Ole Miss over Malzahn.

Next.

We went from like 120th to 20th in offense in his first year with an injured Chris Todd who couldn't throw the ball 35 yards. GM is a great coach. He just needs to hire a pit bull DC Nd let him and Yox instill strict discipline.

+1000

I for one want to hire a coach who is a gamechanger as an offensive coach or defensive coach. That way we have consistency and strength on one side of the ball.

Guys like this

Offensive gamechangers who are head coaches:

Spurrier

Chip Kelley

Chris Petersen

Petrino

Malzahn

Defensive gamechangers who are head coaches

Gary Patterson

Saban

Muschamp

I want a head coach not a youth minister. Petrino wins and doesn't run afoul of the NCAA. That's what I want from the HC

No, Petrino just misuses university funds to put his GF on his payroll...

Stoops hired as spurrrier DC at Florida, Spurier wins his only National Title. Stoops hired at Okla. wins the national title. I can see the same happening with Gus!

Give him a shot.

I want a head coach not a youth minister. Petrino wins and doesn't run afoul of the NCAA. That's what I want from the HC

Doesn't run afoul of the NCAA? But he can run afoul of his wife and family and to his entire AD and school pres?

It is not Malzahn that I am worried about. He is a smart enough offensive mind to adapt to the rigors of the SEC. I also do not buy the fact that the concerns we had with his offense were just Chizik's meddling. The most important hire may actually be the defensive coordinator. Our defense is in SHAMBLES. Lost of talent, but completely lost and no discipline. This has to change ASAP or the rest won't make a difference.

We went from like 120th to 20th in offense in his first year with an injured Chris Todd who couldn't throw the ball 35 yards. GM is a great coach. He just needs to hire a pit bull DC Nd let him and Yox instill strict discipline.

+1000

I for one want to hire a coach who is a gamechanger as an offensive coach or defensive coach. That way we have consistency and strength on one side of the ball.

Guys like this

Offensive gamechangers who are head coaches:

Spurrier

Chip Kelley

Chris Petersen

Petrino

Malzahn

Defensive gamechangers who are head coaches

Gary Patterson

Saban

Muschamp

I see spurrier on your list....What was Spurrier's record against Gus?

Doesn't run afoul of the NCAA? But he can run afoul of his wife and family and to his entire AD and school pres?

I really don't care if he cheats on his wife. The workings of his marriage are not my concern.

Regarding the hire of an unqualified mistress in the athletic department. It's easy enough to build oversight into his administrative hires.

Gus is exactly what we need right now. He is a no non-sense guy who lives and breathes football. He thinks about the future of the game, he's not stuck in the past. He creates exitement. He knows the program. He is the perfect hire. He was smart enough to get away from Chizik no matter what the financial cost. The turds hate him. Again, he is the perfect hire.

Everybody is caught up in the numbers that Gus put on smaller and weaker SEC teams. He was shut down consistently by the teams with better defenses and his continuous fast pace three and outs led to a tired defense. Take away his 2010 with Cam and in 2009, he was shut down and held to 14 points in a loss to Kentucky (Not your SEC powerhouse by the way) and was held to 16 points by a Bobby Petrino Arkansas team ( We all know Petrino doesn't do defense) and scored a late garbage touchdown to lose 44-23. We got killed by LSU that year because of quick three and outs and they wore us down. Gus did manage to keep us in a low scoring loss to a 8-5 Georgia that year and had to use gimmick plays to score on Alabama in a game in which defense played some dominate football in shutting down Ingram. In 2011, the defense became softer and weaker and the amount of three and outs led to more blowouts. Fact is, everybody loves his high powered offenses when playing against lesser talent but fail to see how it hurts when playing against better defenses. This is the SEC and the better athletes are mostly on defense. Sure he will give us a chance to consistently beat Ole Miss, MSU, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and other weak teams but his offense does not fit in the SEC to beat and compete with the best teams and to win championships. And you are not guaranteed a Cam or Johnny Football every year so why take a chance on him. Look at who is always the top of the SEC divisions. (Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Florida) They all have very good and physical defenses. We already have a soft defense and his offense only makes a defense softer. Even with Tuberville's players in 2008, (take away Iron Bowl blowout in which team was overmatched as Tubs was on way out) we played physical defense and until we get someone who pushes for physicalness on the defensive side of the ball, we will continue to get softer. Gus's offense is made for Conference USA and the Sun Belt in which he can put up numbers and play teams that don't have the best athletes on the field. We need an offensive that can be versatile in smash mouth and spreading the field with a lateral passing game. Gus is fast paced all the time and we can not afford him to put the defense in a hole with three and outs. If Gus is hired, I feel that we will be in the same position three or four years from now at the bottom of the SEC. Despite what many believe, Gus is not that good of a recruiter and can not maintain upper level talent. We do have some very good talent and need someone that can maintain. But if everyone just wants to beat the weaker teams and go toe to toe with Kentucky, Vandy, and the Miss schools, then Gus is your man. His offense is too gimmicky and flat when not working and he is not proven enough to be a big time SEC coach. Gus is a safe pick and every Auburn fan knows that this is not the time for the safe pick. We need a coach with a proven record at big time program to lead us back to winning championships.

Great post!

***Take the time to read***

So we should try to match up man for man with teams like bama, LSU and florida? no dice

This post pretty much describes it about Gus.

Are you saying we can't man up and recruit with Bama, LSU, and Florida? According to rankings, we have been pretty close except our players haven't been developed. So yeah, we can man up against those teams.

Yeah. That's what I'm saying. We can beat them with superior coaching and scheme, but if you think we are in the same upper, upper echelon as ND, USC, and bama then I don't know what to say. They make movies about those schools. Ain't no movies about Auburn. Now, am I saying we can't beat them on a regular basis? No I am not. When we ran off 6 in a row against bama, they were on probation or chasing their tails with bad coaches. I am an Auburn man and love my boys but we are not a top 5 team nationally, We are a top 15 team and that makes a difference. Doesnt mean we cant beat them, doesnt mean we can't win championships,

What you fail to realize is that we could very well become a top 5 team, don't sell us short my friend.

I really don't care if he cheats on his wife. The workings of his marriage are not my concern.

Regarding the hire of an unqualified mistress in the athletic department. It's easy enough to build oversight into his administrative hires.

OK, with that said, ( oversight into his administrative hires????) I am out of this debate.

Gus is exactly what we need right now. He is a no non-sense guy who lives and breathes football. He thinks about the future of the game, he's not stuck in the past. He creates exitement. He knows the program. He is the perfect hire. He was smart enough to get away from Chizik no matter what the financial cost. The turds hate him. Again, he is the perfect hire.

The turds hate BP as well, and are scared to death that we may get him.

I think Petrino is a good coach, but I don't see any greater potential in Petrino over Malzahn.

I think Petrino is a good coach, but I don't see any greater potential in Petrino over Malzahn.

Thank the Lord for Common Sense! To think, people actually think Petrino is a better O-minded guy than Gus.

Replace "Malzahn" with "Chizik" and take us all back to December 2008.

Same song that some were singing then.

no because Chizik had losing seasons at ISU

Malzahn does not

new argument

Yeah, he has less than ONE YEAR as a head coach with a team that did BETTER last year under the previous coach who was hired by Ole Miss over Malzahn.

Next.

Malzahn won championships as the HC at 3 different high schools

something chizik did not

Malzahn is copied, Petrino and Jimbo are not

i want the most innovative mind in the game

Petrino has a proven track record as a HC. Gus does not.

Talk to a few Bama fans if you can bear it. They seem to be rooting for Malzahn to get the job. What they don't want is someone like Petrino.

that's what I have noticed since the possibility of him coaching AU. Not only r bama fans scared of the idea, the sabanite media guys r as well!!

The sabanite media is trending now!! Wrote an article on the breport telling AU that BP is not the coach they need!! Fear is noted.

The BP Bama is undefeated against? And thoroughly dominated against? Are u high?

How many coaches have beaten Saban more than once over the past 4 years? And no, if memory serves me right he was in a couple of the games against UAT till late in the 4th Quarter

Are we talking about hiring any of them - no. Why would Bama fans want AU to hire a guy they have beat soundly the four times they played him,??And he was in only one of those games ..two maybe...most were blowouts...

No I'm not high, I'm gonna give u something to think about. Do u really believe if BP had AU talent that saban would dominate him? I'll answer that with a Resounding Hell No!! I know it, u know it, bama knows it, and saban knows it!!

Saban already showed he can and will lose to Gus. Remember 24 - 0 at home in turdville?? Saban openly complains about how he hates the spread offense!

Gus won a national championship with it. I'm more than willing to give it a shot!

Of course I remember 24-0, who could ever forget. I also remember 21-0 against thuga, but we had Superman. I also remember42-10 bama, a blowout by LSU, oh and one more tidbit, after trading a couple of touchdowns against each other in an epic battle in arkie, BP pulled away from a Malzahn led team to the tune where he owned us when Gus was at AU, it wasn't even close, without Superman.

Thank the Lord for Common Sense! To think, people actually think Petrino is a better O-minded guy than Gus.

Better O-minded? I'm talking about better HC material.

Talk to a few Bama fans if you can bear it. They seem to be rooting for Malzahn to get the job. What they don't want is someone like Petrino.

that's what I have noticed since the possibility of him coaching AU. Not only r bama fans scared of the idea, the sabanite media guys r as well!!

The sabanite media is trending now!! Wrote an article on the breport telling AU that BP is not the coach they need!! Fear is noted.

The BP Bama is undefeated against? And thoroughly dominated against? Are u high?

How many coaches have beaten Saban more than once over the past 4 years? And no, if memory serves me right he was in a couple of the games against UAT till late in the 4th Quarter

Are we talking about hiring any of them - no. Why would Bama fans want AU to hire a guy they have beat soundly the four times they played him,??And he was in only one of those games ..two maybe...most were blowouts...

No I'm not high, I'm gonna give u something to think about. Do u really believe if BP had AU talent that saban would dominate him? I'll answer that with a Resounding Hell No!! I know it, u know it, bama knows it, and saban knows it!!

Where you inserted BP you could insert a host of coaches names lets say Mack Brown, Les Miles, Mark Richt, Meyer, they all had great talent on par with UA and still lost to Saban...BP at Auburn guarantees no wins over Saban, I mean you would think with his coaching acumen he would have at least played Saban closer he lost 49-14, 35-7, and 24-20...the last game he could havewon if he would have committed to running a little more that last qtr.....look he is a proven guy but offers no guarantees vs other coaches. Saban would rip him in recruiting mainly due to his baggage...and why would Bama fans want a coach who uses a offense (Malzahn)

)that gives him the most fits and beat him more than any other in his career? Where he has beat Pertrino coached teams and one influenced by him 4 straight times....does not make sense to me

Saban already showed he can and will lose to Gus. Remember 24 - 0 at home in turdville?? Saban openly complains about how he hates the spread offense!

Gus won a national championship with it. I'm more than willing to give it a shot!

Of course I remember 24-0, who could ever forget. I also remember 21-0 against thuga, but we had Superman. I also remember42-10 bama, a blowout by LSU, oh and one more tidbit, after trading a couple of touchdowns against each other in an epic battle in arkie, BP pulled away from a Malzahn led team to the tune where he owned us when Gus was at AU, it wasn't even close, without Superman.

Who was running practice all week..superman? Who was calling every play at the line of scrimmage...superman? Superman was a 1st year starter. Who went 8-5 twice without a QB? Who beat spurrier 3 times in a row? Who won 3 bowl games with all of this Chiz mess going on of the field etc...

Who is about to win the sunbelt in his first year?

You know what Malzahn did with marginal talent against him and no defense.....he beat him once and had him on the ropes in another game.....

Archived