Phillip Marshall's story is jaw-dropping

jmcrosson

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be the same Phillip Marshall that pumped sunshine up our butts 24/7 while Coach Chizik was on the job....But when it's certain he will lose his job drops a "jaw dropper" ? This dude needs to zip it.....Hindsight is 20/20 and if anyone should have had some sort of idea the program was headed south, it's people like Marshall......Why didn't this get headlines LAST year if it was so evident and horrible ?

I think for the same reason that many of the fans didnt voice their opinions: a complete lack of acceptance from the masses of anything other than Chizik is a great human being and a great coach - We accept and support everything pro Auburn. JMHO.

Careful about using a rational argument... there area lot of people on here who are still a bit touchy about being reminded that a few months ago they were jumping down the throat of anyone who questioned the coaching staff let alone outright said we needed to get rid of some of them.

This is why you need a clean sweep of everyone associated with the football program. No hangers on & no Gus Malzahn.

Respectfully disagree about gus.

If Gus could win under these conditions, just think what he could do in a better situation.

Funny and yet sad thing is, on the the way up for the Chicken Bowl myself and a friend stopped in Auburn and got some doughnuts at Daylight Doughnuts, and the owner told us the same exact thing then, and that was back in December 2011!

No doubt Phillip Marshall's source too.

What an absolute train wreck. For any one who openly defended Chizik and Jacobs or worse, wanting to keep them, I suggest you splurge the $9 subscription fee and read. It will open your eyes.

This is like someone dropped dirty socks in the Christmas soup. We knew things were bad and could such on the field. BUt, I had no idea the program was in such disarray.

Lack of control

No one working out - or at least on a volunteer basis

No discipline

No wonder we lost so many games.

The good news is that there are probably 5 coaches who could turn the ol boy around with some back to basics, hard fightin, good discipline. Coaching will take a year or two to turn the culture around. But, i think we have some good times ahead.

I'm not shocked.....these are the things that have been whispered about and discussed but NO ONE could believe was actually happening.

That is, until now. All Marshall did was put the puzzle pieces together. Look at the past few years....arrests are UP, obvious lack of discipline, zero respect from players exhibited thru social media, etc. You may knock on PM and joke about his sources but I don't think he needs a "source" to tell what has been right in front of EVERYONE'S eyes for a while.

This would be the same Phillip Marshall that pumped sunshine up our butts 24/7 while Coach Chizik was on the job....But when it's certain he will lose his job drops a "jaw dropper" ? This dude needs to zip it.....Hindsight is 20/20 and if anyone should have had some sort of idea the program was headed south, it's people like Marshall......Why didn't this get headlines LAST year if it was so evident and horrible ?

Could be that his subscribers would get angry. A lot of folks called others liars or bammers when this kind of stuff was leaked when we were winning a few games. I personally would like to apologize to Yox for assuming wrongly that he wasn't doing his job well. Now it is plain to see that he wasn't allowed to do his job the way he saw fit. I know I've had bosses like that, that got in the way of doing things well, because of their verkackte philosophies.

This is why you need a clean sweep of everyone associated with the football program. No hangers on & no Gus Malzahn.

If Gus could win under these conditions, just think what he could do in a better situation.

Personally I want Petrino,(just to pee off the rest of the SEC and give them something to whine about regarding AU again-I love it when UGA fans are moaning about Auburn-my favorite episode of the squidbillies is when Early sings the Auburn sux song.) but I would support Malzahn if that is who they hire. I will say the pieces are in place for his offense already and I'm curious to see what his offense at full speed without Chizik's meddling could do. I noticed he scored on a solid Oregon defense this year with way worse talent than what is currently at AU. Saban sure is scared of the HUNH, and the annoying "I like Smashmouth football" old timers hate it even though it is just as smash mouth as anything AU has run in the past.

Personally I want Petrino,(just to pee off the rest of the SEC and give them something to whine about regarding AU again-I love it when UGA fans are moaning about Auburn-my favorite episode of the squidbillies is when Early sings the Auburn sux song.) but I would support Malzahn if that is who they hire. I will say the pieces are in place for his offense already and I'm curious to see what his offense at full speed without Chizik's meddling could do. I noticed he scored on a solid Oregon defense this year with way worse talent than what is currently at AU. Saban sure is scared of the HUNH, and the annoying "I like Smashmouth football" old timers hate it even though it is just as smash mouth as anything AU has run in the past.

+1

THIS and then some. That goes for some of these "so called" insiders around here too. Maybe I missed it but I don't recall any "insider" saying that Yox's workouts were optional. In fact we had threads on here calling for Yox to be fired because he wasn't doing his job without that truth being revealed. Now we find out that Yox was being circumvented by our very own Head Coach ? People that claim to know things but really don't or those that actually do but decide to be coy and remain silent, hurt the program not help it.

I am glad we are finally getting some answers but this stuff should have been revealed long before this. If Chizik had been retained would these same people have remained silent ? Why ? The information now being revealed angers me to no end on many levels. Its beyond intolerable to me that a person who self promotes they are for hard work, then gets paid large sums to do a job, allows this kind of stuff to go on. In fact, as I type this, my initial reaction is that Auburn has been fleeced the last 2 years and the fans lied to about many things. No wonder there was so much secrecy surrounding the program.

When we were getting bits of information Heath Evans recently (early on this year some tidbits from Lutz, OMac, TBell) I said that when the damn breaks we would probably be appalled at some of the revelations. That is the reason I also said while I appreciated his efforts for 2010, I would reserve judgment on his entire body of work until we know exactly what happened.

A few weeks ago I posted that I thought that Chizik was a fraud much in the same line that the entire Bowden family is only to have the post magically disappear. I pointed to what the offspring of Bobby were like as well as that semingly permanent NCAA investigative branch set up on the FSU campus as evidence that he wasn't quite the God-fearing good guy he was portrayed. I suggested that the black-cloud that has hung around since March of 11 was evidence that Chizik was an ends justify the means type of guy too. After reading this and the Scarbinsky article, Chizik might be worse. I'm now more worried about the NCAA rule breaking clause removed from his contract when he signed the extension. I was concerned when he hired Trooper, when he was at UT, his name was usually followed by possible rules violation.. I'm wondering now that there might be a win at no matter the cost mentality within the athletic department. I love Auburn and want us to win doing things the right way, not just the appearance of doing things the right way but genuinely and honestly do it with composure and character.

THIS and then some. That goes for some of these "so called" insiders around here too. Maybe I missed it but I don't recall any "insider" saying that Yox's workouts were optional. In fact we had threads on here calling for Yox to be fired because he wasn't doing his job without the truth being revealed. Now we find out that Yox was being circumvented by our very own Head Coach ? People that claim to know things but really don't or those that actually do but decide to be coy and remain silent, hurt the program not help it.

I am glad we are finally getting some answers but this stuff should have been revealed long before this. If Chizik had been retained would these same people have remained silent ? Why ? The information now being revealed angers me to no end on many levels. Its beyond intolerable to me that a person who self promotes they are for hard work, then gets paid large sums to do a job, allows this kind of stuff to go on. In fact, as I type this, my initial reaction is that Auburn has been fleeced the last 2 years and the fans lied to about many things. No wonder there was so much secrecy surrounding the program.

When we were getting bits of information (Heath Evans, Lutz, OMac) I said then that when the damn breaks we would probably be appalled at some of the revelations. That is the reason I also said while I appreciated his efforts for 2010, I would reserve judgment on his entire body of work until we know exactly what happened.

lutz, omac???

just read the PM article ... that on top of the scarbinsky piece ... all i can say is wow.

all of this stuff has been rumored and speculated on for the last year or two and was heavily debated. looks like all of the bad stories were just that ... bad. we need an iron fist coach to come in here. we have the raw talent and need it to shine.

i will get blasted for this, but these "kids" are 18 years old and older. they have accountability in this also (at least the slackers do - i hope that number is small)

Don't post premium content. That was way too detailed a summary. For those who wish to read it and have paid for a subscription, here's the link:

http://auburn.247spo...football-103452

Could we maybe have a less detailed summary then?

I mean, I had 6 sentence-style lines of summary. Didn't quote the article, but was still somehow reprimanded though I followed the rules. I'm not trying again, man. Sorry.

The Auburn Beat reporters share some of the blame, I don't think they ask the right questions. I was infuriated when after the Vandy game there was a nice quote about an AU D lineman who was owned by the SEC lineman of the week( Vandy kid making his first start).

All Malzahn's offense does is spread a little of the "smash mouth" out to the receivers to block downfield. Other than that, there was plenty of hard nosed running with his offense. And when we passed, we went VERTICAL, at least a few times a game to keep the defense honest. I would welcome Malzahn and would be VERY curious to see who he would be willing to retain from the current offensive position coaches.

THIS and then some. That goes for some of these "so called" insiders around here too. Maybe I missed it but I don't recall any "insider" saying that Yox's workouts were optional. In fact we had threads on here calling for Yox to be fired because he wasn't doing his job without the truth being revealed. Now we find out that Yox was being circumvented by our very own Head Coach ? People that claim to know things but really don't or those that actually do but decide to be coy and remain silent, hurt the program not help it.

When we were getting bits of information (Heath Evans, Lutz, OMac) I said then that when the damn breaks we would probably be appalled at some of the revelations. That is the reason I also said while I appreciated his efforts for 2010, I would reserve judgment on his entire body of work until we know exactly what happened.

lutz, omac???

Early in the season, they were some of the first to give us insider hints at player discord in their presser videos. TBell did too. I edited that post to make it a little clearer. Thanks

just read the PM article ... that on top of the scarbinsky piece ... all i can say is wow.

all of this stuff has been rumored and speculated on for the last year or two and was heavily debated. looks like all of the bad stories were just that ... bad. we need an iron fist coach to come in here. we have the raw talent and need it to shine.

i will get blasted for this, but these "kids" are 18 years old and older. they have accountability in this also (at least the slackers do - i hope that number is small)

Jim Leavitt....he would straighten their butts out quick.

With hindsight being 50/50 ... Looking back, the snowball started its rapid descent when the armed robbery went down. That should have been the first major sign to everyone that there was real problems in the program, especially with all of the rumors about Dyer's gun being used — which turned out to be true. Chizik bent over backwards to keep Dyer a part of the team when you know other players on the team knew everything he was doing that was out of bounds. I think it's really hard for a coach to keep the respect of his players after that. They may like him. They may think he's a good guy. But they are not in the least bit afraid. Fear is a big motivator. But, you know, Chizik had just won a national championship. A coach isn't going to get questioned about the stability of his program after that — no matter what happens.

Did Marshall cover anything that Scarbinsky didn't cover in his article yesterday? (players throwing shoes at the door when security firm knocked, Chiz making workouts optional, kids not going to class and Chiz not believing professors, Chiz meddling with Malzahn)

Archived