Jim Mora Jr. has become a candidate

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Mora. He straightened out those laid back Cali boys pretty quick. He has mentioned this year that he would like to come back down South. The "Smash-mouth Dye hard" fans won't like him, because he runs that darn new fangled fast paced offense that doesn't put us to sleep watching. It will tire out our D like it does us from watching them score all those TDs.

I like Mora. He straightened out those laid back Cali boys pretty quick. He has mentioned this year that he would like to come back down South. The "Smash-mouth Dye hard" fans won't like him, because he runs that darn new fangled fast paced offense that doesn't put us to sleep watching. It will tire out our D like it does us from watching them score all those TDs.

haha

whenever i see "smash mouth" i think of the inability to come from behind.

haha

circa 1975.

haha

Funny how people take things. When I think of "smash mouth", I think of never having to come from behind.

I wouldn't be opposed to Mora Jr. How much of a disciplinarian is he? How has his recruiting been thus far? And how is his D there?

I loved this the other day. He could really school our Bammer media.

I would have jumped into the crowd and whooped that reporters ass lol

haha

"Smash mouth" certainly would not have won that national championship in 2010.

If I knew how to post a video I would put the Mora Sr. Playoffs video on here and say yeah but he did come from this guys loins. Hahaha. Being serious though I would be fine with Mora. I always said he was a victim of the Vick Coaching Carousel! Hes a great motivator and developer.

Everyone realizes that Noel Mazzone is his offensive coordinator right? That didn't work too well at Auburn last time.

Mora would be a good choice I believe however.

Everyone realizes that Noel Mazzone is his offensive coordinator right? That didn't work too well at Auburn last time.

Mora would be a good choice I believe however.

Mazzone is brilliant and has matured as an OC. Also, sucess can be achieved/not achieved at the coordinator level based upon what type of sandbox your HC wants you to play in.

UCLA lost to their rival by fitty last year (sounds painfully familiar), and turned things around under Mora and beat them this year

Mora is a good coach. Kiffin is a great recruiter but a coaching imbecile (sort of like Chizik). I don't see us getting a head coach from the west coast...maybe from Texas or Arkansas....

UCLA lost to their rival by fitty last year (sounds painfully familiar), and turned things around under Mora and beat them this year

Mora is a good coach. Kiffin is a great recruiter but a coaching imbecile (sort of like Chizik). I don't see us getting a head coach from the west coast...maybe from Texas or Arkansas....

Mora coached for the Falcons, so he's at least familiar with the area.

I'd be excited. But he's only been at UCLA just this year. I don't see leaving that job after just one year.

And while Auburn has it all over UCLA in terms of facilities and support, he's proving you can win at UCLA. At Auburn, you have to beat LSU, Georgia, and Alabama every year -- and the other West teams are no joke. At UCLA, you can go 9-3 and be a hero: so a loss here and there to Stanford, Oregon, and Southern Cal (you only play Southern Cal every year) can be easily absorbed. Have a bad year at Auburn, and you're 7-5 or 6-6 real quick.

haha

Funny, when I see "fast paced offense" I think of zero defense.

I'd be excited. But he's only been at UCLA just this year. I don't see leaving that job after just one year.

And while Auburn has it all over UCLA in terms of facilities and support, he's proving you can win at UCLA. At Auburn, you have to beat LSU, Georgia, and Alabama every year -- and the other West teams are no joke. At UCLA, you can go 9-3 and be a hero: so a loss here and there to Stanford, Oregon, and Southern Cal (you only play Southern Cal every year) can be easily absorbed. Have a bad year at Auburn, and you're 7-5 or 6-6 real quick.

Why could this be said of Mora, and not every other potential candidate?

Are you serious I was told that I was insane for mentioning Mora Jr on this board. And now he is a candidate!

But then again I was scolded on another board when I stated Chizik must go after the Miss St game, but its whatever.

I doubt that he comes though. He is still the best potential hire in my opinion!

Archived