Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Pretty sure Petrino hasn't ever caused a school to be on probation. It's not like some shady things haven't gone on while chizik has been here. Our image has already been tarnished. I'm an alumni and I'd rather win with Petrino than lose with Chizik

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is naiveté to pretend that the college football world, including Auburn, is pure while Petrino is a morally bankrupt outlier. Pat Dye is no angel and yet our field is named after him. Petrino messed up, but that doesn't make him unredeemable. Drop the stones, people, and let the man coach football. It's one thing he does right.

Nobody is saying he can't coach....just not at Auburn...

It is naiveté to pretend that the college football world, including Auburn, is pure while Petrino is a morally bankrupt outlier. Pat Dye is no angel and yet our field is named after him. Petrino messed up, but that doesn't make him unredeemable. Drop the stones, people, and let the man coach football. It's one thing he does right.

Are you tryimng to put Pat Dye on the same level as Bobby Petrino? Good grief..thats the silliest thing Ive ever read in this forum. Pat Dye never had a sustained pattern of lying to his employers and leaving them in the middle of the night for more money. Come on man...you cannot be serious with that attempt?

Are you tryimng to put Pat Dye on the same level as Bobby Petrino? Good grief..thats the silliest thing Ive ever read in this forum. Pat Dye never had a sustained pattern of lying to his employers and leaving them in the middle of the night for more money. Come on man...you cannot be serious with that attempt?

There is an article stating the behind the scenes workings of why he left Atlanta and Louisville. That article they are interviewing a third party, not Petrino himself. Maybe we don't have all the true facts about why he left those programs?

Pretty sure Petrino hasn't ever caused a school to be on probation. It's not like some shady things haven't gone on while chizik has been here. Our image has already been tarnished. I'm an alumni and I'd rather win with Petrino than lose with Chizik

Out of curiousity...could you name just one of those "shady things" you make reference to and back it up with hard evidence..NOT what Joe Schad or Danny Sheridan have claimed?

Out of curiousity...could you name just one of those "shady things" you make reference to and back it up with hard evidence..NOT what Joe Schad or Danny Sheridan have claimed?

Anyone in the know would never out them. That would be suicide for our program if the NCAA knew of third parties that had the truth.

http://m.wdrb.com/de...nttype=rssstory

This article says all we need to know about why we need to hire Petrino. We aren't hiring him to deliver sermons on Sunday about how to live a moral life, we would be hiring him to win football games. Plus, it scares the living crap out of all the western division teams that we might bring BP in. They know what he is capable of with elite talent.

They know that at the end of the day winning is the only thing that matters. My personal hope is that this is apparent to Dr Gogue.

How can it be apparent when it is not the prevailing attitude? Winning is all that matters.....to you. Don't lump alumni who believe that Auburn is about a lot more than winning or losing football games in with you. To be honest, your "whatever it takes to win" crowd will be the ones complaining the most when that same macho BS lands us on probation.

How many Petrino coaches have been on probation?

Has either of them ever let air out of footballs before a game or got their former school on additional probation long after they left......??? :dunno: Things could be worse,

I've held this stance since his name was announced. Too many people want to excommunicate the man. Give it a rest. I believe he can redeem himself if given the chance. I personally would like Jimbo, but there's no questioning BPs ability. Swallow your FALSE pride.

There is an article stating the behind the scenes workings of why he left Atlanta and Louisville. That article they are interviewing a third party, not Petrino himself. Maybe we don't have all the true facts about why he left those programs?

Theres better ways to leave than the way he chose to do it. I dont really need anymore info.My contention is...he'll do Auburn the same way he's done every other stop along his coaching career. Its hard to wash the stripes off a zebra.

Anyone in the know would never out them. That would be suicide for our program if the NCAA knew of third parties that had the truth.

So, once again speculation is pawned off as fact..now by own fanbase!

Theres better ways to leave than the way he chose to do it. I dont really need anymore info.My contention is...he'll do Auburn the same way he's done every other stop along his coaching career. Its hard to wash the stripes off a zebra.

He was forced out of Atlanta because he wanted to bench some high profile players that were causing problems in the locker room. I can't fault him for that. Just like I can't fault him for leaving Louisville to go coach in the NFL.

We aren't clean. It would be ignorant to believe otherwise.

It comes down to:

Do you want to win, or do you want to go 8-5 every year, but be able to say,

"Well at least our coach is a good man and not saban-like."

I'll choose the first choice. Just win baby!

I guess its equally hard to not be so narrow minded and hypocritical too.

It comes down to:

Do you want to win, or do you want to go 8-5 every year, but be able to say,

"Well at least our coach is a good man and not saban-like."

I'll choose the first choice. Just win baby!

Not to mention, All the money from the profitable athletic programs (you know, the ones that win) that gets funneled into the ones that lose money but enable students to get educations and that go into academics as a whole. But yeah, lets just squeak by every year and get moral victories for having a preacher for a coach.

He was forced out of Atlanta because he wanted to bench some high profile players that were causing problems in the locker room. I can't fault him for that. Just like I can't fault him for leaving Louisville to go coach in the NFL.

We aren't clean. It would be ignorant to believe otherwise.

Lets just say that unless and until i see hard evidence to confirm that speculation ...just call me ignorant...a'ight? Hard to believe how easily led our own fans are. Oh, I guess our staff AND administration is just THAT much smarter than the all the other coaching staffs and the NCAA. One step ahead of enforecement on everything, huh? Gotcha!

If you're going to judge Petrino for leaving Louisville to go to ATL you might as well strike Charlie Strong from your wish list or be seen as a huge hypocrit. Personally it'd be hard for me to enjoy saying Petrino was our new coach bc I'm a big falcons fan and haven't forgiven him yet. However I will not argue with the fact that if he does become our new HC we will have one of the better offensive minds in America on our staff. I think there are candidates that could better represent AU as a whole but BP would put a much better product on the field than what we've seen in 2012. WDE

Coaching ability or not, WHY has a thread gone on for 100 pages about us hiring a guy to LEAD our program who's one of the few head coaches ever to actually get FIRED for violating a behaviour clause?!? At Arkansas! Let's just go after Mike Price.

Lets just say that unless and until i see hard evidence to confirm that speculation ...just call me ignorant...a'ight? Hard to believe how easily led our own fans are. Oh, I guess our staff AND administration is just THAT much smarter than the all the other coaching staffs and the NCAA. One step ahead of enforecement on everything, huh? Gotcha!

Wanna be ignorant and bury your head in the sand and think that just because we haven't been caught that we are squeaky clean go right ahead...I wish I could be so narrow minded and live in la-la land.

Yes, I can. The whole Cam Newton deal. Whether something happened or not, our image to other schools and fans is that we paid him. I'm not saying we did or didn't and we may never know. That would be one shady thing.

Coaching ability or not, WHY has a thread gone on for 100 pages about us hiring a guy to LEAD our program who's one of the few head coaches ever to actually get FIRED for violating a behaviour clause?!? At Arkansas! Let's just go after Mike Price.

Lets face those 2 off in a MMA duel and last man standing wins the job!

Yes, I can. The whole Cam Newton deal. Whether something happened or not, our image to other schools and fans is that we paid him. I'm not saying we did or didn't and we may never know. That would be one shady thing.

It is fact that Cecil was shopping Cam out. The ONLY reason he was eligible was because he allegedly didn't know HIMSELF. You honestly think Cecil asked MSU for money but not Auburn?? (Lewis, this isn't to you...just chose to reply to your post)

Wanna be ignorant and bury your head in the sand and think that just because we haven't been caught that we are squeaky clean go right ahead...I wish I could be so narrow minded and live in la-la land.

But theres STILL no hard evidence. I know I know you, can fall back on the "nobody in the know would ever tell" excuse but the fact remains....innocent til proven guilty and as things currently sand we're either have the smartest cheaters in NCAA history working for Auburn or we're innocent. its your right to pick the one you wish to believe. i dont believe the guys working @ Auburn are the smartest cheaters to ever live, lets just put it that way.

It is fact that Cecil was shopping Cam out. The ONLY reason he was eligible was because he allegedly didn't know HIMSELF. You honestly think Cecil asked MSU for money but not Auburn?? (Lewis, this isn't to you...just chose to reply to your post)

Fact...huh? Ok

Archived