Trooper is gone

Plaric

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eliminate all who could bring dissention. Old philosophy of ancient Kings. When a new king takes the throne, you kill all relatives of the previous king. Good move by Gus.

Who is Scott Reaves?

Edit: Some sports marketing guy who basically does nothing? How would he "KNOW" this wasn't Gus's decision?

One of the guys who started Auburn Eagle, the site that merged hefe with AU Family.

I wish they would stay out of things.

I disagree. I hope the compliance department continues to do its job. It kept us out of trouble with Cam in 2010.

Look at tOSU this year, and remember how it was for us in 1993 when we won all our games but were basically ignored by everyone except AU fans because we were ineligible to play in a bowl that year.

Who is Scott Reaves?

Edit: Some sports marketing guy who basically does nothing? How would he "KNOW" this wasn't Gus's decision?

He is also referred to as ST. Has inside connections at Auburn.

Who is Scott Reaves?

lol you read his tagline on Twitter and immediately made an assumption without knowing how many times this dude has broken news before it happened. Good job!

Who is Scott Reaves?

One of the guys who started Auburn Eagle, the site that merged hefe with AU Family.

You need to leave Hefe out of this sir.

Don't we have to actually coach up the 5* talent to make this comparison? We haven't seen that yet...

Yep, if you re-read my post I consistently mentioned "coaching up".

Do you think our recruiting coord/WR coach was responsible for "coaching up" all the 5* players? So it's TT's fault that Kris Frost hasn't exploded? Or that TReed was injured and now has a QB incapable of delivering him the ball?

Those that bash his WR coaching: did you notice how open his receivers were? Was WR play a problem? I honestly think WR play was solid. A WR corp can't excel without a QB...and I think we all know how good our QB play was...

I don't know all the NCAA details. Maybe TT was a ticking time bomb with them. Maybe not. Maybe he was undermining the HC and causing a house divided...maybe not. I trust Gus, but I just really hope we get a direct replacement for TT in regards to recruiting. Again, we're recruiting KIDS. They can go to any school in the nation. It sounds like many of our fans want a "boot camp" attitude on our staff...the exact opposite of the previous regime. I understand discipline, but I can promise you that 16-18 year old KIDS won't volunteer for "boot camp"...

I think that the previous coaching staff has had a lot of instances that hinted that the team was divided, and the simple fact that players on opposite ends of the ball are on board ONLY because of TT is an issue. I agree, a good recruiter, but see all the arguments around him being too buddy buddy with them becoming more sensible.

As for the 5*s, no I don't think it was all because of TT, but I do think he was part of it. The whole team was underperforming, INCLUDING in areas that he coached. WRs couldn't get the ball from our QB true, but they also couldn't block downfield worth a dern either, and that's certainly not the fault of the QB.

Who is Scott Reaves?

lol you read his tagline on Twitter and immediately made an assumption without knowing how many times this dude has broken news before it happened. Good job!

No, Twitter is blocked where I work, I read his LinkedIn profile. What good does breaking news first do? And what good does him, not being a part of the staff, knowing and blabbing behind the scenes info out do? Now recruiting news is one thing, but staff hirings and firings just provide more fodder for message board speculation, sorta like the claims of workouts not being mandatory, which Lutz denied. See the point?

Wow. I find it hilarious that so many people are wringing their hands and think Auburn football will come to an end because we loose Trooper Taylor. Yes he was a great recruiter of 4* and 5* HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS who for the most part never panned out in college. Which great season did we have as a result of his recruits? Was it the 3-9 yr we just had or last year's 8-5 year. The national championship year was mainly a product of 1 great recruit by Curtis Luper (Cam), 1 recruit who re-signed with Auburn after being originally signed by Tubberville (Fairley) and an offensive line that had for the most part played together for 4 years. Folks the proof is in the pudding. So many of the 4* and 5* signees we have gotten so excited about never transitioned to the field. Its like saying I own a car that at one time ran 100mph but it is yet to do more than 50 mph since I've had it-----what good is it NOW. No one else will really come out and call like it is but he is a marginal WR coach and apparently the ring leader of the thug mentality that swept over our team. I am glad he is gone.

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

I am so pissed! I can't believe Coach Troop was let go. I also KNOW that this wasn't Coach Malzahn's decision. Thanks Jay and Rich!

Hmm, this is interesting. I wonder who's decision it was.

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

#Auburn will always be #Auburn b/c of the micromanaging! It just makes me SICK!

Thought Malzahn was in full control?

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

I am so pissed! I can't believe Coach Troop was let go. I also KNOW that this wasn't Coach Malzahn's decision. Thanks Jay and Rich!

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

Wow. I find it hilarious that so many people are wringing their hands and think Auburn football will come to an end because we loose Trooper Taylor. Yes he was a great recruiter of 4* and 5* HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS who for the most part never panned out in college. Which great season did we have as a result of his recruits? Was it the 3-9 yr we just had or last year's 8-5 year. The national championship year was mainly a product of 1 great recruit by Curtis Luper (Cam), 1 recruit who re-signed with Auburn after being originally signed by Tubberville (Fairley) and an offensive line that had for the most part played together for 4 years. Folks the proof is in the pudding. So many of the 4* and 5* signees we have gotten so excited about never transitioned to the field. Its like saying I own a car that at one time ran 100mph but it is yet to do more than 50 mph since I've had it-----what good is it NOW. No one else will really come out and call like it is but he is a marginal WR coach and apparently the ring leader of the thug mentality that swept over our team. I am glad he is gone.

^Sums up my feelings. I'd rather keep Luper rather than Trooper anyways.

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

ST would have to ban himself for this talk on AE. ;D

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

Yay, more whining and blabbing, making our Atheletic Dept look incompetent. Where would be w/o ole ST?

I don't believe for a second this was not CGM's decision. If he is being forced to let others make that type of call now, he would already know he is doomed as HC at Auburn. Why would you put yourself in that situation? He wouldn't.

Who is Scott Reaves?

No, Twitter is blocked where I work, I read his LinkedIn profile. What good does breaking news first do? And what good does him, not being a part of the staff, knowing and blabbing behind the scenes info out do? Now recruiting news is one thing, but staff hirings and firings just provide more fodder for message board speculation, sorta like the claims of workouts not being mandatory, which Lutz denied. See the point?

If you have a problem with getting news before it's officially released and "message board speculation", what are you doing here?

Also, people focus on Lutz' tweets, but nobody ever brings up the fact that A.J. Green admitted on Twitter that Yox had the rug pulled out from under him.

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

Scott Reaves@ScottR334

ST would have to ban himself for this talk on AE. ;D

:bow::laugh:

I think Malzahn is doing the right thing by bringing in his own staff. If we lose recruits because Taylor is gone, so be it.

I'm not sure I understand this stance. Those EXTREMELY talented recruits will be the guys we depend on in a couple of years( some of them as early as next year).

We already have EXTREMELY talented players on the team, but something was holding it back. Gus decided the potential of Trooper's recruiting didn't outweight the potential continuation of whatever caused the problems this past season. Not much else to understand.

I understand what you're saying but I think there's a little more to it than that. Sure, we have EXTREMELY talented players already here, but we have one of the best recruiting classes in our history (multiple top 10 players) and I think it's a little naive to say "If we lose them then so be it". Those are the guys who'll be making plays on the field for years to come, not the coaches. Obviously someone thought that getting rid of TT outweighed keeping him on the staff and maybe our new staff can keep most of the recruiting class together, but to just blow it off as "no big deal" just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate...I'm in no way attached to Trooper but I just don't want to see this come back to bite us. We've been blindly following our head coach's lead for 4 years now and look where that's gotten us. It's not always as cut and dry as "Well the coach wanted him gone and he knows more than us , so it was clearly the right decision."

Who is Scott Reaves?

If you have a problem with getting news before it's officially released and "message board speculation", what are you doing here?

I don't recall seeing much in the way of news broken here before it's officially released. All I ever see is speculation and reposting of stuff discussed on 247 or Rivals.

I think Malzahn is doing the right thing by bringing in his own staff. If we lose recruits because Taylor is gone, so be it.

I'm not sure I understand this stance. Those EXTREMELY talented recruits will be the guys we depend on in a couple of years( some of them as early as next year).

We already have EXTREMELY talented players on the team, but something was holding it back. Gus decided the potential of Trooper's recruiting didn't outweight the potential continuation of whatever caused the problems this past season. Not much else to understand.

I understand what you're saying but I think there's a little more to it than that. Sure, we have EXTREMELY talented players already here, but we have one of the best recruiting classes in our history (multiple top 10 players) and I think it's a little naive to say "If we lose them then so be it". Those are the guys who'll be making plays on the field for years to come, not the coaches. Obviously someone thought that getting rid of TT outweighed keeping him on the staff and maybe our new staff can keep most of the recruiting class together, but to just blow it off as "no big deal" just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate...I'm in no way attached to Trooper but I just don't want to see this come back to bite us. We've been blindly following our head coach's lead for 4 years now and look where that's gotten us. It's not always as cut and dry as "Well the coach wanted him gone and he knows more than us , so it was clearly the right decision."

that someone was malzahn, who had been around TT for 3 years and knew how TT negatively affected discipline and player development.

Archived