Charlie Harbison to AU

AuburnWarVet

Tell me if I am wrong, brother Chette is not an AU employee, therefore he "cannot be let go".

Believe brother Chette is attached to the local chapter of the FCA.

Little doc

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J.B Grimes not sure about this one think i prefer to keep our Grimes

Grimes and Malzahn have and had philosophical differences. Not going to happen unless Grimes decides to changes his philosophy.

well that may be true, but it was Grimes who coached the best O-line in the country in 2010, and it was good in 2009 as well.

There is a reason why other bigtime programs want him, such as Texas

NOT! that offensive line was OK, serviceable, mediocre, but the best we have seen in a while and the best gus has had a chance to work with so far. there were MUCH better olines in the country that year. i think we will build some great ones starting now and it probably will not include jeff grimes. texas can have him.

Does anyone know if Chette Williams will reamain as team chaplain? I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

He has more of a prayer than the other guys...

I see what you did there :)

Clemson co-DC Charlie Harbison expected to join AU staff, per P. Marshall tweet.

His old Clemson bio from 2010 (pdf) is here. Nice resume. Named to the top 25 recruiters in the nation by Rivals in 2010. His Clemson secondary hauled in 21 interceptions and finished with the number 7 pass defense in 2009. Nice addition to the staff. Very nice.

Interesting that he coached at Alabama during the DuBose years and Shula years.

I noticed that too, but want hold it against him. He has done some good things since then.

His old Clemson bio from 2010 (pdf) is here. Nice resume. Named to the top 25 recruiters in the nation by Rivals in 2010. His Clemson secondary hauled in 21 interceptions and finished at number pass defense in 2009. Nice addition to the staff. Very nice.

That can't be correct...Malzahn stated he's going to hire great coaches who can't recruit.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and boo this hire because its not Vince Lombardi...

Anyone know what kind of relationship he has with recruits like Lawson, Adams and Nkemdiche?

Very good question, anybody? :dunno:

I read where PM says some good position coaching news is coming soon. No clue as to who. Or when........now that I think about it, heck I could have made that prediction.

I'll try my hand at it. (yella text follows)

Gus is visiting some KEY recruits this week. I'll update you as I get the information.

All of the coordinators and Gus have talked today about who is wanted to fill the remaining coaching slots. They have narrowed it down and have their favorites. The # 1s will be the priority. Harbin is on one of those lists.

Most of the coaches will be locked down at least in principle by the end of next week.

As I obtain more specific information, I will post it.

I should be more informed in the morning.

J.B Grimes not sure about this one think i prefer to keep our Grimes

Grimes and Malzahn have and had philosophical differences. Not going to happen unless Grimes decides to changes his philosophy.

Can you clarify since you're talking about 2 Grimes.

Does anyone know if Chette Williams will reamain as team chaplain? I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

He has more of a prayer than the other guys...

Nice! I would be very surprised if Brother Chette is let go.

I would lose a lot of respect for Gus if Brother Chette is let go. The summer before I started at Auburn I met Brother Chette at my church and he gave me his office number and phone number and told me I could stop in and talk to him anytime I wanted to. I have had the utmost respect for him ever since.

I too have met brother Chette as well and second the remarks about what a great guy he is. I hope that he is retained for what he brings to the young men on our team.

Archived