Tim Horton to AU

DyeHardAllTheWay

Major Horton told you to cut the fence? Yes he did! Major Horton told you to cut the fence?...........Major Horton is on leave in London!

Love Band of Brothers!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if this will be able to bring in Hunter Henry.

http://rivals.yahoo....er-Henry-121286

I don't believe Gus would turn down the No. 2 rated TE. Horton was Henry's recruiter and was RB and TE coach at Arky. Also with MSmith and EJohnson ties in Mississippi, it wouldn't surprise me to see a MSU flip sometime in Jan.

Major Horton told you to cut the fence? Yes he did! Major Horton told you to cut the fence?...........Major Horton is on leave in London!

I'm guessing Band of Brothers.

1st disc..when they're in training and one of the privates imitates the Major and tells David schwimmer to cut the fence

Assuming Horton to AU, what would be the hold-up in announcing now that Arky has named their new RB coach? Any logical explanations?

And they're not in a bowl..I tweeted this to an insider and he said he thought some of the future coaches might be coming from bowl teams/NFL so it's possible it's not Horton.

Assuming Horton to AU, what would be the hold-up in announcing now that Arky has named their new RB coach? Any logical explanations?

And they're not in a bowl..I tweeted this to an insider and he said he thought some of the future coaches might be coming from bowl teams/NFL so it's possible it's not Horton.

I think you are probably right, Brad. With each passing day looks less and less likely for Horton. I thought he was the perfect hire, excellent RB and TE coach and great recruiter. Either Coach Horton is entertaining other options or he is not Gus's No' 1 choice. With 3 coach hires remaining, my thoughts were CGM might be looking for a RB/TE coach, a WR coach, and a Special Teams coach. For the Special Teams maybe he could be looking at someone who actually kicked, punted, and/or long snapped, but I guess that's not usually done in college with coach limitations. but Coach Malzahn has shown to be the innovator so who knows?

What coaches on previous staff were investigated by the NCAA?

Trooper and I think either Luper or Thigpen.

Got dates and other details for that claim? I've never heard of any of the above three being the target of an NCAA investigation. PS: Information provided by Danny Sheridan does not count.

Yes. Horton is mulling an offer from Gus/Auburn, but not for RB coach.

Got dates and other details for that claim? I've never heard of any of the above three being the target of an NCAA investigation. PS: Information provided by Danny Sheridan does not count.

It has been repeatedly said on these boards that Trooper, and I believe Luper, were the reason for the secondary violations that we have had the past four years.

It has been repeatedly said on these boards that Trooper, and I believe Luper, were the reason for the secondary violations that we have had the past four years.

Every team has secondary violations. Every one. The question was about being the target of an NCAA investigation, People keep saying there is one...but there isn't. Trooper and Luper were back on the road recruiting for AU prior to being let go. That alone should tell you something.

No one I have seen can point to any proof at all that Trooper, Luper or any other coach on the prior AU staff is under NCAA investigation. There has been no letter and no announcement. All there's been is a few articles a few months back when Trooper and Luper were pulled off the road and those were based on "anonymous sources." Once Trooper and Luper went back on the road, whatever those "sources" had claimed was potentially cooking was done.

Every team has secondary violations. Every one. The question was about being the target of an NCAA investigation, People keep saying there is one...but there isn't. Trooper and Luper were back on the road recruiting for AU prior to being let go. That alone should tell you something.

No one I have seen can point to any proof at all that Trooper, Luper or any other coach on the prior AU staff is under NCAA investigation. There has been no letter and no announcement. All there's been is a few articles a few months back when Trooper and Luper were pulled off the road and those were based on "anonymous sources." Once Trooper and Luper went back on the road, whatever those "sources" had claimed was potentially cooking was done.

I am sure they were pulled of the recruiting track for vacation time, right? I have never heard Horton being pulled of the recruiting track. All you have to do is google and you can see ESPN, Yahoo an USA today all say the same. Mind you, the NCAA can investigate anything. It is not the same as an LOI.

What is it for then?

What is it for then?

I think I heard WR/ST...

I am sure they were pulled of the recruiting track for vacation time, right? I have never heard Horton being pulled of the recruiting track. All you have to do is google and you can see ESPN, Yahoo an USA today all say the same. Mind you, the NCAA can investigate anything. It is not the same as an LOI.

I personally gave no idea about it. However, citing espn about something factual regarding auburn is foolish. Yahoo is no better.

They may have been pulled off the road because the staff was td they were not being retained.

this is off topic for this thread but it irks me. i think by the time you get an LOI you are in deep shat. and i hear constantly that the ncaa is understaffed and dont have enough personell/time to properly investigate/enforce violations. that tells me they are investigating any number of programs at pretty much all times. so why in hadies is it that we are in the media for routine investigations. we dont even know why we are investigated. it was assumed about jovon robinson. i will just remind folks to remember jacobs words when he announced chizik was fired. 100% confident in out compliance. that is all we can do.

They were pulled off because there were accusations. And then they were back on. What does them being back on tell you about those accusations?

ESPN, Yahoo and USA Today all say the same...bunch of nothing. All quote unnamed sources and not one official word from anyone. Reminds me of the Cam crapola. Why are so many AU "fans" so willing to believe this kind of crapola now after spending the last several years calling it for what it is?

Trooper and Luper were back on the recruiting trail for AU before they were let go. There is no NCAA investigation.

They were pulled off because there were accusations. And then they were back on. What does them being back on tell you about those accusations?

ESPN, Yahoo and USA Today all say the same...bunch of nothing. All quote unnamed sources and not one official word from anyone. Reminds me of the Cam crapola. Why are so many AU "fans" so willing to believe this kind of crapola now after spending the last several years calling it for what it is?

Trooper and Luper were back on the recruiting trail for AU before they were let go. There is no NCAA investigation.

Just because the NCAA investigates someone does not mean they are guilty or innocent. It just means they are investigating it. Quit being naive. Again, a LOI is different than an investigation. I don't get why people are so blind to admit that the NCAA was investigating us. That does not mean they were guilty of anything. Auburn was simply taking precautions like they always do. They did the same with Cam when they pulled him for a hot second and appealed to the NCAA who cleared him to play. Oregon is also being investigated by the NCAA. It does not mean they are guilty, but it is acknowledged that they are indeed being investigated. You can call it a bunch of nothing if you want, but it is well documented that we were being investigated. Now, obviously nothing came of it so the investigation has ended.

I personally gave no idea about it. However, citing espn about something factual regarding auburn is foolish. Yahoo is no better.

They may have been pulled off the road because the staff was td they were not being retained.

What about CBS sports? AOL sports online? Sports Illustrated? All six of those sources I named are lying? Again, I am not saying we were guilty of anything. Obviously, we are not because we were never served with an LOI. But to say that we weren't being investigated for potential violations is asanine. The bottomline was we were and nothing came up from it.

May i drop a Bombshell.................GREG KNOX.......

Oregon is guilty ..they are just awaiting punishment....the alleged investigation Forde was quoting was the Jovon inquiry....what ruffles my feathers is its always AU mentioned on media sites, nothing on Oregon, LSU, Updyke U etc....

Is that a houndstooth halo ?

LOL...........

Archived