2013 4* JUCO DT Toby Johnson (Georgia signee)

auburnhort03

have we moved on with him or has he moved on from us. i thought with us get his recruiter for UGA and team mates then we would be in the running. but we arent in his top 3. any one with any info?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you

Stopped recruiting him last Thursday.

I take it that means he isn't coming for an OV on the 18th like it says on the official visits thread ?

Yeah. The OP has not removed him.

thank you

I take it that means he isn't coming for an OV on the 18th like it says on the official visits thread ?

In the AJC they said he was still coming this week, unless that was an old interview (i don't think it was).

thank you

In the AJC they said he was still coming this week, unless that was an old interview (i don't think it was).

It was. The interview was before Auburn stopped recruiting him but the article was not published til 5 days laer.

• 2 weeks later...

makes me wonder if auburn and georgia - whoever misses on adams, takes johnson. not exactly a bad trade off. assuming the midwest schools can be fended off ...

Agreed

This one is a shocker to me. According to everyone we stopped recruiting him. Now he is coming in for a visit and Gus really likes the kid. I thought he had grades/health concerns? Interesting.

i hope we get montravius because i have faith that this staff can actually develop players into their actual potential. but toby could come in and play with experience and him, ben bradely, gabe wright, and i think is going to be a HUGE HUGE HUGE diamond in the rough tyler nero. that would be a championship type d- line.

You forgot to list our best DT (a guy who has shown far more consistency and explosiveness than Gabe at this point): Angelo Blackson. He's going to be a starter at one of those two DT spots, no matter who we bring in.

You forgot to list our best DT (a guy who has shown far more consistency and explosiveness than Gabe at this point): Angelo Blackson. He's going to be a starter at one of those two DT spots, no matter who we bring in.

I am with you on this one. I like the idea of Nero showing out this year but I am afraid it may not be in the cards for him without some bad luck up the depth chart. Not at all knocking the guy! I just think that the D-line we were all expecting last season may actually get coached, or whatever, to perform up to our standards.

As far as Toby - maybe his grades are not a concern anymore because he made an effort. I doubt he makes honor roll but hopefully he saw that you HAVE to have the grades to play......no matter where he signs.

i hope we get montravius because i have faith that this staff can actually develop players into their actual potential. but toby could come in and play with experience and him, ben bradely, gabe wright, and i think is going to be a HUGE HUGE HUGE diamond in the rough tyler nero. that would be a championship type d- line.

Huge stretch for us to pull MA right now. We are about 5th on his list with Clemson and UGA leading. Maybe we get extremely lucky and he has the best time of his short life this weekend in Auburn.

I agree. Didn't Angelo have a basketball offer from Syracuse? That's got to be rare for a DT. I think, with actual coaching and training, that he can be a great one. I'm also hoping the coaching and training concept (so absent last year (I'm not bitter anymore (well yeah I am))) may help Gabe reach his potential. Regardless I would love to see us pick up a couple of more DT's.

I agree. Didn't Angelo have a basketball offer from Syracuse? That's got to be rare for a DT. I think, with actual coaching and training, that he can be a great one. I'm also hoping the coaching and training concept (so absent last year (I'm not bitter anymore (well yeah I am))) may help Gabe reach his potential. Regardless I would love to see us pick up a couple of more DT's.

Haha that's funny because I felt the same way. After about the Arky game I think my anger bone was broken and i just couldn't invest in football emotionally for the rest of the season. It was depressing.

DL coaching left as soon as TRocker left. TRocker was about the only real coaching the entire D has had since 2008.

wde

DL coaching left as soon as TRocker left. TRocker was about the only real coaching the entire D has had since 2008.

wde

Yes.

Huge stretch for us to pull MA right now. We are about 5th on his list with Clemson and UGA leading. Maybe we get extremely lucky and he has the best time of his short life this weekend in Auburn.

You may be right, but his mom is coming for her 3rd visit....you never know I guess but if was just a "token" visit as others have suggested, I doubt she would bother :dunno:

yeah i never thought we had a chance at him because of georgia not so much clemson though. we still have a hell of a defensive line though for sure.

Archived