2013 4* JUCO DT Toby Johnson (Georgia signee)

auburnhort03

@Future020113SEC

me and @IamAmbition98 about to get this money once again pic.twitter.com/lbyu6pbc

Off of Tobys Twitter talking about him and Ben Bradley.

BCJjo1tCIAAi3BM.jpg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Future020113SEC

me and @IamAmbition98 about to get this money once again pic.twitter.com/lbyu6pbc

What does that mean?..I dont understand twit talk at all

Was a pic of him and Ben holding his jersey up on a visit to Auburn. I would decipher it as we about to own the DL together. ? I think he comes to Auburn

BTW its not "twit" talk...LOL. it's slang these kids use now. I'm almost as clueless as you to what some are saying

Its 'twit talk" to me. You know the drill..anything you dont understand you make fun of..its what morons do

@Future020113SEC

Was a pic of him and Ben holding his jersey up on a visit to Auburn. I would decipher it as we about to own the DL together. ? I think he comes to Auburn

BTW its not "twit" talk...LOL. it's slang these kids use now. I'm almost as clueless as you to what some are saying

Its 'twit talk" to me. You know the drill..anything you dont understand you make fun of..its what morons do

So is he basically saying that he is committing to AU?

An educated guess would be that he's talking about taking more visits, at least the one to M$U. The prospects get paid a nice amount of mileage money for travel expenses when they go on an official visit.

@Future020113SEC

I'll translate. "Me and Ben Bradly are about to put in the work at Auburn and go hard like we did a Hutchinson CC"

@Future020113SEC

That quote/twit was from Feb 2 in reference to the photo taken/twit on his official visit here. He still has visit this weekend at MSU & announce on the 12th

Gotcha. I didn't think he was announcing until next week.

Yeah, I'm a little rusty. I haven't followed recruiting much the last 2 years. I have just been too busy. It's still fun to check in every now and then. I'll probably drift out of recruiting again until October or November once the final word comes from Toby and Corn.

Is this the Toby Johnson thread? Any up to date tidbits on his recruitment?

Visiting Miss St next weekend then signing between Auburn, Miss St, and Oklahoma

why did he not pick/sign on the 6th? Is it pretty even for his three choices or is he a lean to Auburn?

Cuz he has planned for the past month to OV Miss St on Feb. 8th or 15th. Believed Auburn lean.

@Future020113SEC

That quote/twit was from Feb 2 in reference to the photo taken/twit on his official visit here. He still has visit this weekend at MSU & announce on the 12th

The Miss St visit is on the 15th with a decision on the 19th

@Future020113SEC

I'll translate. "Me and Ben Bradly are about to put in the work at Auburn and go hard like we did a Hutchinson CC"

Thanks, that's exactly what I was implying. Definitely a strong lean IMO

It now looks like Miss St. is the lead for Toby due to he can get in there but probably not at Auburn.

Admission standards for scholarship athletes at Auburn are far less demanding than they are for regular students. Athletic scholarship guys that can't gain admission would probably struggle in the classroom. It's a shame, but I never lose much sleep over guys that can't get in because of grades.

Of course there's a problem with him getting in. Isn't that always the case seems like? How kids can't get in to one institution but can another when both are in the same conference is beyond me. Vandy excluded of course. :)

Of course there's a problem with him getting in. Isn't that always the case seems like? How kids can't get in to one institution but can another when both are in the same conference is beyond me. Vandy excluded of course. :)

Auburn's standards are higher than the SEC baseline. Miss St. is near the baseline.

Auburn's standards are higher than the SEC baseline. Miss St. is near the baseline.

Be careful not to disparage Miss St.!!! I started a near-riot by saying Starkville was the armpit of the SEC (jokingly, I've only ever been there to see Auburn games). It escalated quickly.

Of course there's a problem with him getting in. Isn't that always the case seems like? How kids can't get in to one institution but can another when both are in the same conference is beyond me. Vandy excluded of course. :)/>

Auburn's standards are higher the the SEC baseline. Miss St. is near the baseline.

Yeah, just doesn't seem very fair. I guess it's AU's choice though.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I didn't see it. When is Toby scheduled to make his commitment and are we still high on his list?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I didn't see it. When is Toby scheduled to make his commitment and are we still high on his list?

El said visit is 15th. Decision on 19th.

His commit date is Feb. 19th and Link

Haven't been following recruiting close since Wednesday so...What's the word with this guy? We get him? Chances? Does he qualify?

Read the post above yours and the attached link. It's current.

Hearing that Toby may require surgery and a redshirt year. If so, the question becomes whether we sign him or keep the scholly for an early signee next year. JUCO's are supposed to provide immediate help.

Archived