2013 4* JUCO DT Toby Johnson (Georgia signee)

auburnhort03

Any updates on his signing date? Why is he waiting until a week after signing day? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find this information on any of the threads.

Thanks, in advance.

I believe he has a scheduled visit to Moo State coming up so that maybe why he is waiting.

Thanks. That makes sense. Might as well see the armpit of the SEC, before making the decision to move to the "Loveliest Village on the Plains". Starkvegas is awful!! D-Bag Mullen is, too!

Classy representation of Auburn there...good job.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates on his signing date? Why is he waiting until a week after signing day? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find this information on any of the threads.

Thanks, in advance.

I believe he has a scheduled visit to Moo State coming up so that maybe why he is waiting.

Thanks. That makes sense. Might as well see the armpit of the SEC, before making the decision to move to the "Loveliest Village on the Plains". Starkvegas is awful!! D-Bag Mullen is, too!

Oh come on it was a joke plus you have to admit he is telling the truth. Starkville is an ugly place and after all the shenanigans and cry baby stuff Mullen has pulled I don't particularly like him myself.

Thanks, in advance.

Oh come on it was a joke plus you have to admit he is telling the truth. Starkville is an ugly place and after all the shenanigans and cry baby stuff Mullen has pulled I don't particularly like him myself.

After 2010 we have almost as much reason to dislike them as we do uat, and Starkville is a crap place with nothing around. <-----This is their biggest problem pulling recruits

Thanks, in advance.

Honestly tell me that either of my statements is untrue. Mullen tried to hang Auburn in regards to Cam Newton, while taking no blame for being the program that ACTUALLY OFFERED CECIL MONEY. If calling Mullen a D-Bag is wrong, I don't want to be right.

And I've been to Starkville, and it is right there with Tuscaloosa in its appeal as a great place to live. I'm sure the people in Starkville say the same thing about Auburn.

I think we, as the Auburn Family, need to get our ass off our shoulders sometimes. Sorry if this offends anyone, but we preach at each other more than we do at other programs. Jokes are intended to be funny. Not everyone gets the joke. There is nothing wrong with taking jabs at rival programs/coaches. Saban, Richt, Mullen, Spurrier, Freeze, Franklin are all fine people, I'm sure. But I pull for Auburn, so they are all D-bags in my book, but I say it with love, so that's okay.

MSU has to me never been a rival, just someone we are obligated to play.

I did not blame them for trying to become a big boy in the SEC, but , when they fell short and didn't know how to

play by big boy rules that was another thing. Drop a dime Dan is someone I want to beat, but will not crow when we do.

Now past the editorial, I think we need another O lineman more than a DT, but an extra one can't hurt. We have some talent on the team there already that has not developed.

He didn't question whether you were telling the truth or not, just your class

Let me ask you a question. Do you really believe class can be measured by posts on a sports board?

Let me ask you a question. Do you really believe class can be measured by posts on a sports board?

I have class, but I'll still call a spade, a spade. Take UAT for example, I hold nothing back when conversing with those tards. They don't deserve class and respect.

Thanks, in advance.

After 2010 we have almost as much reason to dislike them as we do uat, and Starkville is a crap place with nothing around. <-----This is their biggest problem pulling recruits

Although Manhattan, Kansas (Kansas State), Blacksburg, VA and Norman Okla are dreadful places yet they $ign top recruit$. Oxford's beautiful IMO and no sour grapes (Ole Miss just "landed" a top 5 recruiting class) but historically EVERY time colleges in Mississippi start looking competitive we find out shortly thereafter they were committing recruiting violations on scales Charlie Pell would be proud of. Most recent legit competitive years for those schools: Ole Miss (1959- 62) and Miss State (1940s).

FWIW I've never heard a negative thing about any of those three towns. Blacksburg is very nice IMO. Not if you're looking for Miami or Atlanta, but very nice. Starkville, not so much -- but the university is just fine. If you connect with the coaches and like what they're offering, it's fine.

I almost attended VaTech in Blacksburg. I really loved the campus. Beautiful place! Stadium isnt exactly the most impressive and the weather isnt always the best for some reason --- all I could really pick out if I had to find fault.

It is obvious that I was replying to what someone else posted, not giving my opinion, so why not ask that person the question? I do think one can tell who is an a** by how they post. ;D

I almost attended VaTech in Blacksburg. I really loved the campus. Beautiful place! Stadium isnt exactly the most impressive and the weather isnt always the best for some reason --- all I could really pick out if I had to find fault.

I agree, the campus and area is beautiful.

It is obvious that I was replying to what someone else posted, not giving my opinion, so why not ask that person the question? I do think one can tell who is an a** by how they post. ;D

OK but i dont agree with you either. Some people just need to pass judgment on others for their own unique reason. sports forum is the last place to form an opinion about someone...get real..its all fun and games and jousting for the "sport" of it.

OK but i dont agree with you either. Some people just need to pass judgment on others for their own unique reason. sports forum is the last place to form an opinion about someone...get real..its all fun and games and jousting for the "sport" of it.

What's that BlueVue your going to start an Auburn jousting team.. AUSOME!

Y'all can kiss my rear about Starkville. I grew up there, and one of my best friends in the current mayor. It's not a metropolis, but Auburn grads calling Starkville out for being in the middle of nowhere?!? Really? Jackson, Memphis and Birmingham are all 2 hours (or less if you have a heavy foot) away. I hate to be the one to rain on anyone's parade, but Auburn and Starkville are two of the most similar towns in the SEC. I've been to all of them except the two new additions. Auburn is closer to Starkville than it is to Athens.

As for Toby, I'd still love to land the guy. I understand he hurt his knee (I think). Anyone know if he's looking at a redshirt year or will he be good to go by the fall? Heck, it would almost fit better to redshirt him from a roster management stand point.

Y'all can kiss my rear about Starkville. I grew up there, and one of my best friends in the current mayor. It's not a metropolis, but Auburn grads calling Starkville out for being in the middle of nowhere?!? Really? Jackson, Memphis and Birmingham are all 2 hours (or less if you have a heavy foot) away. I hate to be the one to rain on anyone's parade, but Auburn and Starkville are two of the most similar towns in the SEC. I've been to all of them except the two new additions. Auburn is closer to Starkville than it is to Athens.

As for Toby, I'd still love to land the guy. I understand he hurt his knee (I think). Anyone know if he's looking at a redshirt year or will he be good to go by the fall? Heck, it would almost fit better to redshirt him from a roster management stand point.

Not that I care one way or another, but those are three more cities that nobody wants to go to :P AU is a stones throw from Atlanta and not too far from the beach. Like I said I'm not slamming Starkville, I've never been there.

Whats the word guys? What are our chances to land the big guy?

We have 5 spots open just for him haha

We currently have 4 spots, not 5. The max we could sign is 27.

Starkville is closer to Opp than to Auburn.

Glad you like Starkistan, I knew if I lived long enough I'd meet someone who did. :dunno:

Good to see a man loyal to his friend the mayor though.

Archived