UAT Players NFL Ready or Not, Saban Develops NFL Talent, or ??? (Lawson Threadjack)

auburn4ever

Auburn has put A LOT MORE players in the NFL then Alabama has. Carl, Dee, and Reuben, just go online and check it out for yourself. You'll find that Auburn is the path way to the NFL but only IF your willing to work really really hard while your at Auburn.

Auburn has put A LOT MORE players in the NFL then Alabama has. Carl, Dee, and Reuben, just go online and check it out for yourself. You'll find that Auburn is the path way to the NFL but only IF your willing to work really really hard while your at Auburn.

You are wrong. The numbers are very close and uat has put many more in the league in the last five years than Auburn has.

You are wrong. The numbers are very close and uat has put many more in the league in the last five years than Auburn has.

Bama has been signing players that are likely to go to the NFL no matter where they attend college. It isn't Saban "getting them to the next level."

Bama has been signing players that are likely to go to the NFL no matter where they attend college. It isn't Saban "getting them to the next level."

We got a couple of top players as well..and look what happened to them the past couple years. JMO

We got a couple of top players as well..and look what happened to them the past couple years. JMO

I've got to agree here. Still waiting to see the superstar ability that guys like kris frost and trovon reed both have. Non factors thus far. Erique Florence, anyone?

I've got to agree here. Still waiting to see the superstar ability that guys like kris frost and trovon reed both have. Non factors thus far. Erique Florence, anyone?

Exactly. Signing top HS talent is one thing, developing it is something different. We have been extremely poor at doing that lately. I do have faith that this staff can not only bring in top talent, but can turn that top talent into NFL talent.

I agree. If you look at our recruiting rankings, we've been right up there with the big boys. It's what we have (or haven't) done with them once they step on campus that has been the problem. I am so looking forward to seeing our guys PROGRESS in their development as players.

Exactly. Signing top HS talent is one thing, developing it is something different. We have been extremely poor at doing that lately. I do have faith that this staff can not only bring in top talent, but can turn that top talent into NFL talent.

I just feel that every high school football player has to be coached up in some way, and as much as I hate to say it, Saban is finding top talent and developing it in every way possible. I think one key w. Auburns offense/defense is that the coaches are going to find the top talent and put them in Malzahn/Johnson systems and be able to produce.

I agree. If you look at our recruiting rankings, we've been right up there with the big boys. It's what we have (or haven't) done with them once they step on campus that has been the problem. I am so looking forward to seeing our guys PROGRESS in their development as players.

The thing is AU has not recruited top tier defensive talent, CL was the best defensive recruit of the Chizik era, there were no stud LBS, DT, CB's, or safeties (maybe Florence). Several of the defensive players are still in the developmental stage(Wright, Mincy, etc) Offensively the potential draft elgible players have been kicked off (Goodwin, Dyer, Etc) or injured Benton.IMO the recruiting classes were vastly overrated, not a lot defensive talent and outside of Cam, Dyer, and Blake who were the elite offensive players Chiz recruited?. This year Blake, CL, and Lutz are sure draft picks, possibly with Sullen and Omac as late round guys.....I anticipate better player development int the years to come. But hey look two AU players coached by Chizik will be playing in the Super Bowl in two weeks.....

I believe our last coaching staff felt the exact same way you feel. They thought all they had to do was sign players that were "likely" to go to the NFL no matter what - the notion that they actually had to develop, train and put in time and effort with those players to get them "NFL ready" never even crossed their damn minds. We see where the AU program is today, we saw where that philosophy got us last year, winless in the SEC and a humiliating season. High school players don't get themselves to the "next level", it takes dedicated coaches in college to get them there.

I believe our last coaching staff felt the exact same way you feel. They thought all they had to do was sign players that were "likely" to go to the NFL no matter what - the notion that they actually had to develop, train and put in time and effort with make those players to get them "NFL ready" never even crossed their damn minds. We see where the AU program is today, we saw where that philosophy got us last year, winless in the SEC and a humiliating season. High school players don't get themselves to the "next level", it takes dedicated coaches in college to get them there.

I would agree 100%... I've never once seen a Senior in HS that was ready to play in the NFL. To say Saban and his team are not getting players into the NFL is stupid...

I believe our last coaching staff felt the exact same way you feel. They thought all they had to do was sign players that were "likely" to go to the NFL no matter what - the notion that they actually had to develop, train and put in time and effort with make those players to get them "NFL ready" never even crossed their damn minds. We see where the AU program is today, we saw where that philosophy got us last year, winless in the SEC and a humiliating season. High school players don't get themselves to the "next level", it takes dedicated coaches in college to get them there.

I would agree 100%... I've never once seen a Senior in HS that was ready to play in the NFL. To say Saban and his team are not getting players into the NFL is stupid...

Even Les Miles crazy old ass is getting his players to the NFL - they have 11 Jr's going to the draft early this year. :dead:

Yeah, OK.......

You obviously have no idea what I "feel." Don't use me as a prop for your rants. I think Chizik utterly failed at developing talent. But any coach that does a half-way decent job at developing talent is going to have success with #1 recruiting classes. Saban isn't taking 2 stars and weaving magic. All successful coaches are expected to develop a player's potential. But there is no substitute for starting with NFL potential. How many Dontarrius Thomases has Nicky developed? How many has he even recognized and signed?

I believe our last coaching staff felt the exact same way you feel. They thought all they had to do was sign players that were "likely" to go to the NFL no matter what - the notion that they actually had to develop, train and put in time and effort with those players to get them "NFL ready" never even crossed their damn minds. We see where the AU program is today, we saw where that philosophy got us last year, winless in the SEC and a humiliating season. High school players don't get themselves to the "next level", it takes dedicated coaches in college to get them there.

I disagree totally on who gets who to the NFL. Coaches dont do the work and a coach can coach til he's blue in the face but a player has got to make the plays. if the player doesn't have the physical capabilities or the heart to make the plays he wont make it to the NFL no matter who his coach is. Most of it is heart anyway. Look at players like Wes Welker, ya think he went to college based on the best route to the NFL? The league has all kinds of players in it from small time college programs with low profile coaches.

You obviously have no idea what I "feel." Don't use me as a prop for your rants. I think Chizik utterly failed at developing talent. But any coach that does a half-way decent job at developing talent is going to have success with #1 recruiting classes. Saban isn't taking 2 stars and weaving magic. All successful coaches are expected to develop a player's potential. But there is no substitute for starting with NFL potential. How many Dontarrius Thomases has Nicky developed? How many has he even recognized and signed?

Well, excuse me Tex.

I'll graciously exit the board today - didn't mean to "use" anyone for my "rants".

Even Les Miles crazy old ass is getting his players to the NFL - they have 11 Jr's going to the draft early this year. :dead:

Les Miles is an excellent coach and has won 10 or 11 games more times than not but the players going to the draft early are good enough to be there on their own merit. Les Miles didn't do that

Even Les Miles crazy old ass is getting his players to the NFL - they have 11 Jr's going to the draft early this year. :dead:/>

Les Miles is an excellent coach and has won 10 or 11 games more times than not but the players going to the draft early are good enough to be there on their own merit. Les Miles didn't do that

In reality its not one or the other, its a combination of talent, heart, support structure.

Even Les Miles crazy old ass is getting his players to the NFL - they have 11 Jr's going to the draft early this year. :dead:/>

In reality its not one or the other, its a combination of talent, heart, support structure.

hate to seem argumentative but without the heart nothing else matters. All the best facilities, coaching, support structure etc is all for naught if a player lacks the intangibles that simply cannot be coached..ie heart!

It is the coach's job to show the player WHAT work they should be doing, evaluating flaws, making weak points strong points. Then mentally you educate them on the mental aspects of the game. If you do all of this your 5*'s play like the ALL-AMERICANS in college as well as HS. Then with hard work and some late physical development you have 3* guys that become ALL-AMERICANS. Rarely does it happen any other way.

It is the coach's job to show the player WHAT work they should be doing, evaluating flaws, making weak points strong points. Then mentally you educate them on the mental aspects of the game. If you do all of this your 5*'s play like the ALL-AMERICANS in college as well as HS. Then with hard work and some late physical development you have 3* guys that become ALL-AMERICANS. Rarely does it happen any other way.

A lot of 5 star players do not make it in the NFL. You should know that just from following Auburn's 5 star failures. The reality is only a small percentage of these kids will ever make it to the NFL...very small!

I am going to ruffle some feathers with this post so those who disagree do not take it personally. The thought that some of you have that Bama is basically doing nothing and are getting players that would have gone to the NFL anyway is complete and total Horse poo doo. Watching our football team this year should have busted that myth in your faces like a punch in the mouth. We have recruited at or near the same level as Bama for the past 4 classes. Based on the theory Bama got players that would be succesful and get to the NFL anyway Auburn should have been able to sleepwalk to a 9-3 record instead of the humiliating 3-9 season we just went through. Here is the reality. While elite high school players have statistically a better chance of being succesful and making the pros no player, outside of maybe Jedaveon Clowney, is a lock to make it to the pros on raw talent alone. The truth is all players have to be coached up and, like it or not, give the devil his due. Saban and his staff are as good at developing talent as any team in the country. :soapbox: over

A lot of 5 star players do not make it in the NFL. You should know that just from following Auburn's 5 star failures. The reality is only a small percentage of these kids will ever make it to the NFL...very small!

That is the exact thing I just posted. They have to 1) work and work hard 2) shown what to work and how to work it - There are things like academics and injuries, but assuming the talent is there and the work is put in, you will have success way more often than not! But just for you...

***DISCLAIMER: YOUR RESULTS MAY DIFFER, nothing in life is 100% guaranteed. However if you have talent and work hard, I like your chances.

Better?

I am going to ruffle some feathers with this post so those who disagree do not take it personally. The thought that some of you have that Bama is basically doing nothing and are getting players that would have gone to the NFL anyway is complete and total Horse poo doo. Watching our football team this year should have busted that myth in your faces like a punch in the mouth. We have recruited at or near the same level as Bama for the past 4 classes. Based on the theory Bama got players that would be succesful and get to the NFL anyway Auburn should have been able to sleepwalk to a 9-3 record instead of the humiliating 3-9 season we just went through. Here is the reality. While elite high school players have statistically a better chance of being succesful and making the pros no player, outside of maybe Jedaveon Clowney, is a lock to make it to the pros on raw talent alone. The truth is all players have to be coached up and, like it or not, give the devil his due. Saban and his staff are as good at developing talent as any team in the country. :soapbox:/> over

+1

I am going to ruffle some feathers with this post so those who disagree do not take it personally. The thought that some of you have that Bama is basically doing nothing and are getting players that would have gone to the NFL anyway is complete and total Horse poo doo. Watching our football team this year should have busted that myth in your faces like a punch in the mouth. We have recruited at or near the same level as Bama for the past 4 classes. Based on the theory Bama got players that would be succesful and get to the NFL anyway Auburn should have been able to sleepwalk to a 9-3 record instead of the humiliating 3-9 season we just went through. Here is the reality. While elite high school players have statistically a better chance of being succesful and making the pros no player, outside of maybe Jedaveon Clowney, is a lock to make it to the pros on raw talent alone. The truth is all players have to be coached up and, like it or not, give the devil his due. Saban and his staff are as good at developing talent as any team in the country. :soapbox: over

That was never my point. Saban has done a good job developing the talent he has. He happens to have NFL caliber talent, however. The Bama players that make it to the NFL are the ones largely expected to make it to the NFL when they are being recruited out of high school. These players could have gone to a number of successful programs and made it to the NFL. Most successful coaches develop their talent. Chizik and company did not. Thus, they are gone. This isn't really complicated or controversial.

Archived