More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

If the first video is what Russell has our guys doing, label me not impressed!

Hopefully that is for a warm-up or conditioning!

Whatever happened to putting some heavy weight on the rack and getting SWOLE!

Just my opinion......These types of workouts build strength, agility, and speed. Not to mention increase power bursts. Getting swole doesn't necessarily equate to strength and speed...sometimes that could just mean that you are big and slow. Strength was a major issue with our D-Line last year...they were big but could not move anyone out of the way. I believe we will be impressed by how our team responds this year. Also for this type of offense and defense we are going to run, strength and speed will be CRITICAL! WDE!

Yea getting "swole" means absolutely nothing for football. ...you must increase strength and power while utilizing fast twitch muscle memory and not just maintaining but increasing flexibility

Are you being sarcastic, or serious?

fast twitch... muscle memory... increased flexibility??? That's what's got us in the crap we're in now! Little, under-sized, weak, tired, and soft...

Look, I want Russell to do the same dang workouts as alabama! That red-headed retard strength coach is an annoying loud-mouth... but good god, he gets results! All he brags about is getting SWOLE! Non of us can sit here and say he's a bad strength coach! Non of us!

If we want to hang with the "big boys" in our conference, we need to get bigger and stronger! So yes... getting SWOLE means a lot more than you'd ever admit.

I hate to say it, but go YouTube alabama working out... That's what we need to do. Not push-ups and planks... js.

No I'm not being sarcastic. .. judging by your comments you absolutely nothing about a proper strength and conditioning program which I do

Okay... I don't know anything!

I've trained with some of the best athletes in the world... under some of the best strength & conditioning experts in the world. But you're right, I know nothing.

I still disagree w/ your statement... "getting swole means absolutely nothing for football".

Well your wrong....don't believe me look at what guys are doing getting ready for the draft

What are they doing, tell us???

As 'Blue' just stated: Corey Lemonier has gained 20 pounds since the end of the season, in preparation for the draft! That is the freakin definition of getting SWOLE!!!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly sprint, explosiveness, flexibility, and agility training. It is position specific; but 95% of the Combine revolves around explosiveness and agility. Same applies to the position drills which mainly test change of direction and agility.

These guys are athletes. Not bodybuilders. Please stop saying "swole".

Just my opinion......These types of workouts build strength, agility, and speed. Not to mention increase power bursts. Getting swole doesn't necessarily equate to strength and speed...sometimes that could just mean that you are big and slow. Strength was a major issue with our D-Line last year...they were big but could not move anyone out of the way. I believe we will be impressed by how our team responds this year. Also for this type of offense and defense we are going to run, strength and speed will be CRITICAL! WDE!

Yea getting "swole" means absolutely nothing for football. ...you must increase strength and power while utilizing fast twitch muscle memory and not just maintaining but increasing flexibility

fast twitch... muscle memory... increased flexibility??? That's what's got us in the crap we're in now! Little, under-sized, weak, tired, and soft...

Look, I want Russell to do the same dang workouts as alabama! That red-headed retard strength coach is an annoying loud-mouth... but good god, he gets results! All he brags about is getting SWOLE! Non of us can sit here and say he's a bad strength coach! Non of us!

If we want to hang with the "big boys" in our conference, we need to get bigger and stronger! So yes... getting SWOLE means a lot more than you'd ever admit.

I hate to say it, but go YouTube alabama working out... That's what we need to do. Not push-ups and planks... js.

No I'm not being sarcastic. .. judging by your comments you absolutely nothing about a proper strength and conditioning program which I do

I've trained with some of the best athletes in the world... under some of the best strength & conditioning experts in the world. But you're right, I know nothing.

I still disagree w/ your statement... "getting swole means absolutely nothing for football".

Well your wrong....don't believe me look at what guys are doing getting ready for the draft

As 'Blue' just stated: Corey Lemonier has gained 20 pounds since the end of the season, in preparation for the draft! That is the freakin definition of getting SWOLE!!!

So are you suggesting that since he didn't gain it while at Auburn that thats the S&C coach's fault? Kids pick up weight at different rates. Some kids are physically able to gain a lot of weight and some are not..ie. Onterrio McCalleb. The point Im making is everyone seems perfectly content to rule out the players and their role and responsiblity in the process. And as far as using TJ Yeldon as an example..he did weight 205 as a HS Sr - who is the last 200 + HS RB Auburn signed? Like it or not, bama is and has been signing bigger players for a while now

Haha keep telling yourself if that makes you feel better....putting weight on and getting "swole" aren't the same thing. ..if this were a weight lifting competition your argument would have value but its not and it doesn't

Mostly sprint, explosiveness, flexibility, and agility training. It is position specific; but 95% of the Combine revolves around explosiveness and agility. Same applies to the position drills which mainly test change of direction and agility.

These guys are athletes. Not bodybuilders. Please stop saying "swole".

Thank you....I swear I loose brain cells trying to explain things to this guy

Didn't dyer come in at or over 200?...other than him mario fannin and eric smith maybe?

So are you suggesting that since he didn't gain it while at Auburn that thats the S&C coach's fault? Kids pick up weight at different rates. Some kids are physically able to gain a lot of weight and some are not..ie. Onterrio McCalleb. The point Im making is everyone seems perfectly content to rule out the players and their role and responsiblity in the process. And as far as using TJ Yeldon as an example..he did weight 205 as a HS Sr - who is the last 200 + HS RB Auburn signed? Like it or not, bama is and has been signing bigger players for a while now

Lemonier, who plans to arrive in Indianapolis Thursday and will work out Monday, has been training at Athletes' Performance in Phoenix, Arizona. Listed at 6-4, 246 pounds by Auburn last season, Lemonier has already put 10 extra pounds, Metz said, a function of getting 4-6 good meals a day and training around the clock.

A possibility as a defensive end in a 4-3 or an outside linebacker in a 3-4, Lemonier has also been training in mixed martial arts with former Arizona Cardinals offensive lineman Scott Peters as part of a program designed to improve his pass-rushing ability.

"He's working on hand-fighting, pass-rush moves, pass-rush drills, along with training for all the measurables," Metz said. "He's got the most important quality anybody can have. He gets after the passer."

Mixed martial arts training? But this isn't the UFC!! Shouldn't he know that its about GETTING SWOLE??? :-\

All our guys should do nothing but bench press so they can get "swole"....it will also help the line when they get pancaked

Thats funny but the reality is theres a sizeable contingency of knuckleheads who frequent this forum who honeslty believe bench press is THE solution to ALL of Auburn's problems in the football complex.

Well as long as we correct being undersized, weak and slow like the players have been since 2011 I don't care what they do.

wde

This is stupid... Ya'll are so quick to be argumentative, that you don't even realize we (I) are talking about 2 COMPLETELY different things!

We've now moved on to Corey Lemonieer gaining 10 to 20 pounds preping for the combine...

* I got one guy saying he's doing sprints, agility, pass-rush skills, and martial arts! I'm sure he is... great. But, he's not gaining 20lbs by doing wind-sprints. He's gaining weight by busting his A$$ in the weight room!

* I got another guy that doesn't like me saying "swole"...

* I got another guy that is trying to say UA has bigger players because they cruit different players...? If I'm not mistaken, a majority of bammers signees over the years came down to AU and bammer! So yes, we recruit the same players. They are bigger and stronger because the red-headed retard get absolutely everything out of his players in the weight room. There are no choices, you either get bigger, stronger, faster... or you get left behind.

* I got a guy making excuses for AU's players being small, because they just don't have the genetic make up to gain weight...?

* I got another guy that says "I know nothing about football" ... laughable.

* I have even been called a "****ing moron"... hahaha... happy friday to you too!

Massie, Metafour, and of course our BlueVue... are yall the same guy? Because all you have been doing for the last 3 hours, has been echoing what one another has been posting. The "yeah, what he said" type comments. Quite commical really.

So, in leaving... Yall go meet back at your club house, spank each other on the butts, wipe your little noses, and come back tomorrow and we'll find something else to argue about. But bring some new material... Yox is gone (I love the guy - but he's not coming back) Russell is working the S#%T out of our guys in the weight room, and yes he is implementing the bench... thats fine. But, he realizes he needs to transform a lot of our veterans, physically, to succeed in the SEC. Ellis Johnson has all but demanded what he wants out of his defense (from who we recruit - to how big he wants them to be)... AU will still do the speed, agility, explosivness training, BUT they have already started a complete 180* as far as weight training.

i'm done. this is boring

Ya know... I think I will.

How is it that Lutz matched Fluker with 21 bench press reps at the combine? Aren't they in a better S &C program run by a better S&C guy over at alrbamr? and OH! I almost forgot....Fluker only out weighs Lutz by a 100 pounds

Ya know... I think I will.

How is it that Lutz matched Fluker with 21 bench press reps at the combine? Aren't they in a better S &C program run by a better S&C guy over at alrbamr? and OH! I almost forgot....Fluker only out weighs Lutz by a 100 pounds

@
lutzenkirchen

Some serious tools at the local gym. It's definitely noticeable that ur wearing a shirt that's too small for u so u can look bigger.

lutz did it on his own.

All 4 of you combatants are making valid points but let me throw this out there for y'all to ponder because it's pertinent to your discussion. I don't know specifically what is going on over at the football complex, but something is going on over there. Maybe a couple of you can explain to the rest of us exactly what Russell is doing because this looks promising to me. You might have missed this tweet earlier in this thread.

Jordan WDE Diamond@Jordan76simeon Feb 16

Getting my swagger back. Just found out I gained 20 pounds of muscle and lost 10 lbs of fat in 3 months.… http://instagr.am/p/VxqIB-G3gy/

Ironman,

We are moving in the right direction, there is no doubt in my mind that we are!! WDE

Taking what Russell learned from Yox and using all of the modernization in strength and conditioning, only good things will happen.

All 4 of you combatants are making valid points but let me throw this out there for y'all to ponder because it's pertinent to your discussion. I don't know specifically what is going on over at the football complex, but something is going on over there. Maybe a couple of you can explain to the rest of us exactly what Russell is doing because this looks promising to me. You might have missed this tweet earlier in this thread.

Jordan Diamond is just coming off recovery from shoulder surgery he had maybe ~5-6 months ago, so it only makes sense that workouts would produce quick results for him considering that he likely dropped in condition due to inactivity.

Also; he didn't gain 20 pounds of muscle in 3 months lmao.

Jordan Diamond is just coming off recovery from shoulder surgery he had maybe ~5-6 months ago, so it only makes sense that workouts would produce quick results for him considering that he likely dropped in condition due to inactivity.

Also; he didn't gain 20 pounds of muscle in 3 months lmao.

I don't think I will tell Diamond that, you go tell him. ;)

Archived