More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

Jaylon Denson (‏@2Ruly_Blessed89)

Used to be able to do anything the night before a workout.. Party.. Stay up all night.. Etc! Now days you do that & you will #FORSURE die..

Explains our miserable performance last season

And yet a lot of you kept saying Yox was the best S&C coach around and he shouldn't be fired. What a laugh.

yeah, 'cause Yox set the rules for the team #THISGUYSSTUPIDITYISBOUNDLESS

This is true, but many continued to support (at least on certain message boards) the folks that DID set the rules on the team until it was obvious the Titanic was going to sink. There are folks defending Yox now who did and would have defended the guys who set the rules had people been blaming them instead of Yox. Blind loyalty and hypocrisy is never a good thing and we have entirely too much of it. Loyalty is earned and for a football factory that earned loyalty means winning games and not getting caught doing something that will put the program on probation.

wde

WOW...this post is all over the map. If you say so.

Exactly. This message board (and others) can be all over the map in terms of the "message board company line" regarding who is responsible for failure of the football program or what is the excuse for failure of the football program.

I definitely think Yox had "help" in messing up the S&C program during the Chizik regime, but he shares blame too. Yox would still be at AU if Gus didn't think he was part of the problem.

wde

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to be able to do anything the night before a workout.. Party.. Stay up all night.. Etc! Now days you do that & you will #FORSURE die..

And yet a lot of you kept saying Yox was the best S&C coach around and he shouldn't be fired. What a laugh.

This is true, but many continued to support (at least on certain message boards) the folks that DID set the rules on the team until it was obvious the Titanic was going to sink. There are folks defending Yox now who did and would have defended the guys who set the rules had people been blaming them instead of Yox. Blind loyalty and hypocrisy is never a good thing and we have entirely too much of it. Loyalty is earned and for a football factory that earned loyalty means winning games and not getting caught doing something that will put the program on probation.

wde

Exactly. This message board (and others) can be all over the map in terms of the "message board company line" regarding who is responsible for failure of the football program or what is the excuse for failure of the football program.

I definitely think Yox had "help" in messing up the S&C program during the Chizik regime, but he shares blame too. Yox would still be at AU if Gus didn't think he was part of the problem.

wde

I disagree with your last assumption which is ALL that is unless you've had personal contact with Gus and discussed his reasoning. I believe he simply decided to put together his own staff from top to bottom. It really is funny to see so many so convinced that the S&C coach is responsible for a 3 - 9 season. Just too stupid to be believed quite honestly!

wde

wde

I disagree with your last assumption which is ALL that is unless you've had personal contact with Gus and discussed his reasoning. I believe he simply decided to put together his own staff from top to bottom. It really is funny to see so many so convinced that the S&C coach is responsible for a 3 - 9 season. Just too stupid to be believed quite honestly!

Of course I don't think the S&C coach is solely responsible for the 3-9 season and please point out where in any of my posts have I ever said Yox was solely responsible. He WAS part of the problem as was everyone from the AD on down. Only the AD and his mini-me remain (which is unfortunate for AU) while the entire coaching staff including the S&C coach and support staff (with a couple of exceptions) were justifiably relieved of their duties. 3-9 and the embarrassing losses in 2011 were the result of a systematic and fundamental failure from the top down. Not one person was solely responsible, but ALL involved bear some responsibility. Of course, this is my assumption just as your posts are your assumptions. Heck, 99.9999% of all posts on this and every message boards are assumptions no matter who the poster is. As to my last comment above that you referenced, Gus did keep a couple of guys around (Pogue and Fountain) so it is not like he just wiped everyone out just for the sake of doing it and this is further evidence that helps me make my assumption that Gus would have kept Yox if he thought Yox was not part of the problem.

wde

wde

wde

Of course I don't think the S&C coach is solely responsible for the 3-9 season and please point out where in any of my posts have I ever said Yox was solely responsible. He WAS part of the problem as was everyone from the AD on down. Only the AD and his mini-me remain (which is unfortunate for AU) while the entire coaching staff including the S&C coach and support staff (with a couple of exceptions) were justifiably relieved of their duties. 3-9 and the embarrassing losses in 2011 were the result of a systematic and fundamental failure from the top down. Not one person was solely responsible, but ALL involved bear some responsibility. Of course, this is my assumption just as your posts are your assumptions. Heck, 99.9999% of all posts on this and every message boards are assumptions no matter who the poster is. As to my last comment above that you referenced, Gus did keep a couple of guys around (Pogue and Fountain) so it is not like he just wiped everyone out just for the sake of doing it and this is further evidence that helps me make my assumption that Gus would have kept Yox if he thought Yox was not part of the problem.

wde

The difference between my post and yours is you attempted to make a point based on what Gus thought? I did not. Are you a mind reader? If not then how do you know what the reason behind not retaining Yox was? HC's generally hire their own guys..the fact that Gus kept a couple of off the field non-coaching employees doesn't strengthen your point of presumably knowing what Gus was thinking which you do not now nor then.

wde

wde

wde

The difference between my post and yours is you attempted to make a point based on what Gus thought? I did not. Are you a mind reader? If not then how do you know what the reason behind not retaining Yox was? HC's generally hire their own guys..the fact that Gus kept a couple of off the field non-coaching employees doesn't strengthen your point of presumably knowing what Gus was thinking which you do not now nor then.

OK, why do you think Gus did not retain Yox?

wde

wde

wde

wde

wde

Dont know and dont care but Im not going oversimplify it by saying that Gus thought Yox was part of the problem. It could've been for any number of reasons. He worked with Russell a year at Ark State and obviously was pleased with the job he did. In that regard, Russell is a known quantity in terms being on the same page with what Gus wants and expects. It really doesn't matter the move was made and its done. S&C jobs, like so many in so many fields are in many cases gotten through career connections. The fact that Yox does not have a job also does not 'speak to you" He may not even be be looking for one. I do know that he's a pro's pro and knows his business. Not many were complaining in 2004 , 2005, 2010 or any other year of his entire tenure @ Auburn until the 3 - 9.

wde

wde

wde

wde

Dont know and dont care but Im not going oversimplify it by saying that Gus thought Yox was part of the problem. It could've been for any number of reasons. He worked with Russell a year at Ark State and obviously was pleased with the job he did. In that regard, Russell is a known quantity in terms being on the same page with what Gus wants and expects. It really doesn't matter the move was made and its done. S&C jobs, like so many in so many fields are in many cases gotten through career connections. The fact that Yox does not have a job also does not 'speak to you" He may not even be be looking for one. I do know that he's a pro's pro and knows his business. Not many were complaining in 2004 , 2005 or other year of his entire tenure @ Auburn until the 3 - 9.

For the record (as I am sure you know), Gus worked with Yox being the head of S&C for 3 years at AU and only one year with Russell being the head guy at Arky State. I never brought up Yox not currently having a job so I am not sure why you threw that tidbit in your response. Personally, I don't think it means anything to either side of the argument whether he has been hired or not.

Yox served AU well during his career at AU and I wish him the best.

wde

wde

wde

wde

wde

Dont know and dont care but Im not going oversimplify it by saying that Gus thought Yox was part of the problem. It could've been for any number of reasons. He worked with Russell a year at Ark State and obviously was pleased with the job he did. In that regard, Russell is a known quantity in terms being on the same page with what Gus wants and expects. It really doesn't matter the move was made and its done. S&C jobs, like so many in so many fields are in many cases gotten through career connections. The fact that Yox does not have a job also does not 'speak to you" He may not even be be looking for one. I do know that he's a pro's pro and knows his business. Not many were complaining in 2004 , 2005 or other year of his entire tenure @ Auburn until the 3 - 9.

For the record (as I am sure you know), Gus worked with Yox being the head of S&C for 3 years at AU and only one year with Russell being the head guy at Arky State. I never brought up Yox not currently having a job so I am not sure why you threw that tidbit in your response. Personally, I don't think it means anything to either side of the argument whether he has been hired or not.

wde

I guess I confused yours with another post...my mistake and I apologize. Someone posted the "fact that Yox doesn't currently have a job speaks" etc. Yes they were on the same staff for 3 years but Gus had hired Russell and might not even have a personal relationship with Yox...who knows? Russell had however worked under Yox and Im willing to be had a pretty big influence on him as well. In any event, I too wish Yox well but just think he's taken far too much flack for last year when in my view the HC, the Coordinators and position coaches seem to have been given less blame than has been hung on Yox

i think yox is great. seems like the breakdown came from a change in or a lack of structure. that would have been done by the hc and/or admin. this is what i have come to suspect anyway. im not sure but i also suspect chiz, yox and others inside the program know what the cause was. it was just too risky to try to fix it with the same people. as has been said before, gus wanted to start over and retool the whole system, regardless of how good the previous staff was change was the best route. yox is more likely a victim than the cause. imho

wde

wde

wde

wde

wde

I guess I confused yours with another post...my mistake and I apologize. Someone posted the "fact that Yox doesn't currently have a job speaks" etc. Yes they were on the same staff for 3 years but Gus had hired Russell and might not even have a personal relationship with Yox...who knows? Russell had however worked under Yox and Im willing to be had a pretty big influence on him as well. In any event, I too wish Yox well but just think he's taken far too much flack for last year when in my view the HC, the Coordinators and position coaches seem to have been given less blame than has been hung on Yox

I totally agree that much more blame falls on the former HC and his assistants than it does Yox.

wde

wde

wde

wde

wde

wde

I totally agree that much more blame falls on the former HC and his assistants than it does Yox.

wde

I could care less about the subject of this post. I just want to be part of the longest single post in Auburn message board history.

blueridge

well done!

any advice on how to look up "the allowed number of quoted blocks of text"?

Not normally argumentative,

but would seem good to know

I have no idea whether Yox was part of the problem or not. Unitil we turned belly up I had never heard anything but good things about him and I wish him all the best in the future. One thing, of which I am pretty sure, is that Yox won't be a part of the soultion.

Bring these guys down the road to Ft. Benning. We can give them a great workout here. Just saying...

Bring these guys down the road to Ft. Benning. We can give them a great workout here. Just saying...

Just don't let'em jump out of any perfectly good C130s. Then again, that would be a hell of a team building exercise. "c130 rolling down the strip; 85 tigers on a one way trip..."

Kenneth Carter ‏@CarterEstates92

The real workouts start tomorrow...Im ready lets eat push up b4 I go to sleep!!

I feel for a couple of our players then, well not really, lol. There were already pics of them laying on the floor and saying they couldn't feel their legs after the workouts they were already doing. I think the conditioning phase is about to take a step up. HAHA

I feel for a couple of our players then, well not really, lol. There were already pics of them laying on the floor and saying they couldn't feel their legs after the workouts they were already doing. I think the conditioning phase is about to take a step up. HAHA

A workout isn't a workout if your muscles aren't dead after, those were peliminary workouts, Im betting now our players are just going to get even more beat to hell.

A workout isn't a workout if your muscles aren't dead after, those were peliminary workouts, I'm betting now our players are just going to get even more beat to hell.

That is similar to what one person tweeted to Diamond,haha.

1. Jordan WDE Diamond@Jordan76simeon Feb 16

Getting my swagger back. Just found out I Gained 20 pounds of muscle and lost 10 lbs of fat in 3 months.… http://instagr.am/p/VxqIB-G3gy/

2. Michael Hamer@MAHamer90 Feb 16

@Jordan76simeon coach Russell whoopin y'all too

3. Jordan WDE Diamond@Jordan76simeon Feb 16

@MAHamer90 yep lol

A workout isn't a workout if your muscles aren't dead after, those were peliminary workouts, I'm betting now our players are just going to get even more beat to hell.

That is similar to what one person tweeted to Diamond,haha.

1. Jordan WDE Diamond@Jordan76simeon Feb 16

Getting my swagger back. Just found out I Gained 20 pounds of muscle and lost 10 lbs of fat in 3 months.… http://instagr.am/p/VxqIB-G3gy/

2. Michael Hamer@MAHamer90 Feb 16

@Jordan76simeon coach Russell whoopin y'all too

3. Jordan WDE Diamond@Jordan76simeon Feb 16

@MAHamer90 yep lol

Glad to see it, our oline really needed to lose that baby fat and muscle up!

Just don't let'em jump out of any perfectly good C130s. Then again, that would be a hell of a team building exercise. "c130 rolling down the strip; 85 tigers on a one way trip..."

This would be an awesome intro.

Could you imagine coming out of a C-130 instead of a tunnel at the start of a game?!?!?!

Hey, I can dream can't I?

Seems I recall, prior to last season, all the praise and excitement from the players, on how much 'hard work' KF had put in during spring and summer, and how it was really going to pay off come September. As this thread was started, not even a month into the new year, you'll pardon my lack of enthusiasm over a few days of tough work outs.

If some are remarking already at the difference from last year, that's fine, but it should only be of minor significance. We'll see come A-Day, what this team has had to endure.

A lot KF problems last year was a direct result of trying to play, practice, and perform for a coaching staff that was never on the same page from the start. I swear CSL's playbook had to be about 10 plays long.....I believe he KF put in the work unfortunately the coaches accountability standards were well below that of an SEC championship program....just my thoughs

Archived