More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

I don't doubt the probs w/ the coaches, but I recall how much it was said that KF bulked up. While not denying any of that, where the hell was the work ethic for the rest of the team ? If the supposed " leader " on the field was busting his, why weren't the other guys? I suspect, even w/ the right coaching staff, this team has been put in such a hole, even a huge improvement still won't get them above ground.

WSU will be an interesting test. The Cougs should be pretty well prepared for Gus's tempo, having faced Oregon year in and year out.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't doubt the probs w/ the coaches, but I recall how much it was said that KF bulked up. While not denying any of that, where the hell was the work ethic for the rest of the team ? If the supposed " leader " on the field was busting his, why weren't the other guys? I suspect, even w/ the right coaching staff, this team has been put in such a hole, even a huge improvement still won't get them above ground.

WSU will be an interesting test. The Cougs should be pretty well prepared for Gus's tempo, having faced Oregon year in and year out.

The difference between Auburn and the ducks is 90+ degree weather and 95% humidity in August. I just hope our players are in shape enough to dominate the 4th quarter against the pirate and co.

Imo Not enough seniors..combined with a easy going head coach, best friend asst head coach, disengaged positon coaches......equals a lot of players with a sense if entitlement and poor work ethic.....

If you follow Wallace on Twitter, the guy has an awesome attitude. He seems like the kinda guy that has the work ethic to hang with those that have more natural talent than he does.

If the first video is what Russell has our guys doing, label me not impressed!

Hopefully that is for a warm-up or conditioning!

Whatever happened to putting some heavy weight on the rack and getting SWOLE!

What is a bubble workout?

Bubble workouts are the winter workouts. The term bubble is used because they used to be held inside the old bubble. The position coaches normally run these winter workouts and they are also known as "Mat Drills". This is the time of year when the coaches will try to break the players that they feel are energy vampires.

The difference between Auburn and the ducks is 90+ degree weather and 95% humidity in August. I just hope our players are in shape enough to dominate the 4th quarter against the pirate and co.

Tha logic didn't hold a lot of water against USCw in 2003.....they put a woodshed whoopin on our Tigers in 100+ degree 90% humidity weather

Tha logic didn't hold a lot of water against USCw in 2003.....they put a woodshed whoopin on our Tigers in 100+ degree 90% humidity weather

With Nall Ball in full effect...Auburn did nothing to try and take advantage the heat and humidity.....Still I would be cautious about WSU Leach and his Air Raid offense can cause some major problems for a young secondary

Just my opinion......These types of workouts build strength, agility, and speed. Not to mention increase power bursts. Getting swole doesn't necessarily equate to strength and speed...sometimes that could just mean that you are big and slow. Strength was a major issue with our D-Line last year...they were big but could not move anyone out of the way. I believe we will be impressed by how our team responds this year. Also for this type of offense and defense we are going to run, strength and speed will be CRITICAL! WDE!

Just my opinion......These types of workouts build strength, agility, and speed. Not to mention increase power bursts. Getting swole doesn't necessarily equate to strength and speed...sometimes that could just mean that you are big and slow. Strength was a major issue with our D-Line last year...they were big but could not move anyone out of the way. I believe we will be impressed by how our team responds this year. Also for this type of offense and defense we are going to run, strength and speed will be CRITICAL! WDE!

Yea getting "swole" means absolutely nothing for football. ...you must increase strength and power while utilizing fast twitch muscle memory and not just maintaining but increasing flexibility

Bring these guys down the road to Ft. Benning. We can give them a great workout here. Just saying...

Just don't let'em jump out of any perfectly good C130s. Then again, that would be a hell of a team building exercise. "c130 rolling down the strip; 85 tigers on a one way trip..."

This would be an awesome intro.

Could you imagine coming out of a C-130 instead of a tunnel at the start of a game?!?!?!

Hey, I can dream can't I?

Actually kind of a scary dream, in my opinion.

Less chance of missing the stadium if you come out of a tunnel.

Would be an awesome way for one of the military schools to come in once a year though. They'd have plenty of access to proper training, jumping in groups, and hate to say it, but there'd be less liability for the school should something go wrong... They already have military training, it'd just be adding airborne to the football athletes. Make it optional. It'd be great exposure for the school, recruiting, tv time, commentators, etc.

Would be an awesome way for one of the military schools to come in once a year though. They'd have plenty of access to proper training, jumping in groups, and hate to say it, but there'd be less liability for the school should something go wrong... They already have military training, it'd just be adding airborne to the football athletes. Make it optional. It'd be great exposure for the school, recruiting, tv time, commentators, etc.

At risk of drifting further off-topic (in this, the off-season), an anecdote:

I was a young (7th grade) "yard ape" (the standard, generic term then used by Marines for their dependent children). Coming home from school one day, I noted that just about every stop sign and lamp post at MCAF New River had a mattress draped and tied over it. Turns out that an Army unit was planning a training jump there, and the Marine wing had placed them there as a welcoming dig/joke.

My personal experience is limited to rapelling out of helicopters.

I was a young (7th grade) "yard ape" (the standard, generic term then used by Marines for their dependent children). Coming home from school one day, I noted that just about every stop sign and lamp post at MCAF New River had a mattress draped and tied over it. Turns out that an Army unit was planning a training jump there, and the Marine wing had placed them there as a welcoming dig/joke.

sorry, but that is funny right there. were you a medic? my experience is limited to rapelling from copters too, but boy did i want to jump from perfectly good planes!

sorry, but that is funny right there. were you a medic? my experience is limited to rapelling from copters too, but boy did i want to jump from perfectly good planes!

Check PM

Yea getting "swole" means absolutely nothing for football. ...you must increase strength and power while utilizing fast twitch muscle memory and not just maintaining but increasing flexibility

Are you being sarcastic, or serious?

fast twitch... muscle memory... increased flexibility??? That's what's got us in the crap we're in now! Little, under-sized, weak, tired, and soft...

Look, I want Russell to do the same dang workouts as alabama! That red-headed retard strength coach is an annoying loud-mouth... but good god, he gets results! All he brags about is getting SWOLE! Non of us can sit here and say he's a bad strength coach! Non of us!

If we want to hang with the "big boys" in our conference, we need to get bigger and stronger! So yes... getting SWOLE means a lot more than you'd ever admit.

I hate to say it, but go YouTube alabama working out... That's what we need to do. Not push-ups and planks... js.

fast twitch... muscle memory... increased flexibility??? That's what's got us in the crap we're in now! Little, under-sized, weak, tired, and soft...

Look, I want Russell to do the same dang workouts as alabama! That red-headed retard strength coach is an annoying loud-mouth... but good god, he gets results! All he brags about is getting SWOLE! Non of us can sit here and say he's a bad strength coach! Non of us!

If we want to hang with the "big boys" in our conference, we need to get bigger and stronger! So yes... getting SWOLE means a lot more than you'd ever admit.

I hate to say it, but go YouTube alabama working out... That's what we need to do. Not push-ups and planks... js.

Obviously, you did not see the pictures of the Alabama players taken at the Sr Bowl. Swole? LOL They had no definition, were NOT ripped and definitely DID NOT look like they had benefitted a bit from any special S&C coaching! Winning willl change your perspective but your assumptions are kinda funny.

Obviously, you did not see the pictures of the Alabama players taken at the Sr Bowl. Swole? LOL They had no definition, were NOT ripped and definitely DID NOT look like they had benefitted a bit from any special S&C coaching! Winning willl change your perspective but your assumptions are kinda funny.

I'm going to have to agree with Altima. We need size, not necessarily speed. We have 300 lb lineman, but they are soft. You don't have to run a 4.4 to be a good dlineman or olineman. You need to be big and strong, not big and soft. I don't know what bammer players you were referring to at the combine, but I believe that most of the players they had were lineman and linebackers. Well, of course they won't be ripped. But I bet you they will tear up any strength drills a the combine. We did not lose last year because we were slow, we lost because we were weak and small and nothing will change my mind about that.

However, I do feel that Coach Russell will get this moving in the right direction. It couldn't get any worse. You are right though, winning will cure alot of ills. I just feel that getting bigger and stronger (and faster to a lesser extent) will get us winning quicker. WDE!

So you honestly gonna sit there and tell us that alabama's players aren't bigger and stronger than ours??? Have you seen our guys with their shirts off? If you call seeing skin and bones defined, well that's on you bro.

And, you honestly gonna try to imply that Cochran is not a good s&c coach??? He's only tge best out there!

Look, i hate bammer more tgan anybody, but if I were a first year college coach, I would try to mirror what the turds are doing! My gosh, they've won 3 out of the last 4 NC's! They're doing something right...

Archived