More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

I'm not saying the players won't be flexible, I'm just saying, expect to see some vast improvements in size and speed. That's what Russell was brought here to do...

Not really. Malzahn was thoroughly impressed with Russell because of what he showed in terms of his ability to physically prep an up-tempo team. Thats the whole premise behind Malzahn's system: play fast and out-endure the other team. The players are exhausted because his workouts are intensity based.

Every football S&C coach wants his players to be big, fast, and strong. You are a bit mistaken if you believe that Russell's philosophy, in accordance to Malzahn's demands, focuses heavily on "size". The primary focus is clearly to develop a team that can run up and down the field with little rest.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I came here for some quotes by players who are getting good workouts. Instead, I got a bunch of people giving their opinion on who has a better workout plan. Maybe ya'll should hit the gym and try it yourself?

Man, I came here for some quotes by players who are getting good workouts. Instead, I got a bunch of people giving their opinion on who has a better workout plan. Maybe ya'll should hit the gym and try it yourself?

LOL

Hearing the guys around campus they really like Coach Russell and hes doing a great job with them. Even keepin them in on nights cause they know they won't make it through workouts the next morning. Coach Yox was a great coach too, dont diss the man. The guys loved him and feared his workouts too.

you'll never see me disrespect Coach Yoxall. I've always defended him against the ones who wanted to lay last years failures at his feet. He was one of the best in his business and Auburn was lucky to have had him as long as they did. Last year's failures were too widespread to document in a single post but IMO he was unfairly criticized far too much.

Yes. No one was complaining about him when we were pushing people around in 2004. When the head coach quits doing his job there is not much the S&C coach can do.

The game has changed since 2004...

In 2013 you see: 210-215lb safeties... 240lb linebackers... and 300lb lineman that can run...

Thats what we'll have in the next 2 years.

I'm not saying the players won't be flexible, I'm just saying, expect to see some vast improvements in size and speed. That's what Russell was brought here to do...

Not really. Malzahn was thoroughly impressed with Russell because of what he showed in terms of his ability to physically prep an up-tempo team. Thats the whole premise behind Malzahn's system: play fast and out-endure the other team. The players are exhausted because his workouts are intensity based.

Every football S&C coach wants his players to be big, fast, and strong. You are a bit mistaken if you believe that Russell's philosophy, in accordance to Malzahn's demands, focuses heavily on "size". The primary focus is clearly to develop a team that can run up and down the field with little rest.

The Defense will have better "size"... trust me.

Again, that's what Russell was brought here for. That's the only way we will be able to compete with the bammers, the LSU's, and the UGA's.

Hearing the guys around campus they really like Coach Russell and hes doing a great job with them. Even keepin them in on nights cause they know they won't make it through workouts the next morning. Coach Yox was a great coach too, dont diss the man. The guys loved him and feared his workouts too.

you'll never see me disrespect Coach Yoxall. I've always defended him against the ones who wanted to lay last years failures at his feet. He was one of the best in his business and Auburn was lucky to have had him as long as they did. Last year's failures were too widespread to document in a single post but IMO he was unfairly criticized far too much.

Yes. No one was complaining about him when we were pushing people around in 2004. When the head coach quits doing his job there is not much the S&C coach can do.

In 2013 you see: 210-215lb safeties... 240lb linebackers... and 300lb lineman that can run...

not much difference 04 to 13

C'mon... You never saw the freak athletes on the defensive side of the ball back in 2004... Thats why the SEC is so dominant now...

It's ok. We're not here to argue.

Dont worry though... We are recruiting a different type of player now. We'll be hangin with the big boys (UA, LSU, UGA, FLA), sooner rather than later!

shut up!!!!

shut up!!!!

Haha, golf....maybe he should follow them on Twitter like some of us do?

C'mon... You never saw the freak athletes on the defensive side of the ball back in 2004... Thats why the SEC is so dominant now...

Dont worry though... We are recruiting a different type of player now. We'll be hangin with the big boys (UA, LSU, UGA, FLA), sooner rather than later!

dansby, thomas, mcclover, kearse, im having a hard time with names but there were plenty of freaks in the 04ish years all over the sec.

dansby, thomas, mcclover, kearse, im having a hard time with names but there were plenty of freaks in the 04ish years all over the sec.

Ok, I get what you're saying, but you're missing my point... we were talking about the sheer size of players.

Yes, Dansby was/is an unbelievable athlete, but there are players with his athleticism at the LB position that are bigger and stronger now days...

ps. All of the players you mentioned are great athletes... not denying that.

(last post in this thread I promise)

they hadnt found deer antler spray yet in 04.

That's very true and in fact you can even see the difference in muscle development in these pictures.

2004 Alabama football team scrimmage

9476681-large.jpg

2012 Alabama football team scrimmage.

Deer-mating-season.jpg

they hadnt found deer antler spray yet in 04.

That's very true and in fact you can even see the difference in muscle development in these pictures.

2004 Alabama football team scrimmage

9476681-large.jpg

2012 Alabama football team scrimmage.

Deer-mating-season.jpg

LOL! :rollin:

shut up!!!!

Somewhere i seem to remember a single page that was linked to all AU player twitter accounts. Can't seem to find it any longer, any chance someone else was intelligent enough to bookmark? (i currently follow about a dozen, but the vast majority are former players now)

shut up!!!!

Somewhere i seem to remember a single page that was linked to all AU player twitter accounts. Can't seem to find it any longer, any chance someone else was intelligent enough to bookmark? (i currently follow about a dozen, but the vast majority are former players now)

i think you just found it. :dunno:

shut up!!!!

https://twitter.com/aubiematt/auburn-tigers/members

I use to maintain this list. It has a mix of new, current, former players, fans, news sources, etc. I've added a few of the new guys, but really haven't put much effort into it.

shut up!!!!

https://twitter.com/aubiematt/auburn-tigers/members

I use to maintain this list. It has a mix of new, current, former players, fans, news sources, etc. I've added a few of the new guys, but really haven't put much effort into it.

Thanks so much! This is the list. Cool of you to compile it!

And I wouldnt promote "banning" twitter, but have a strict policy on what is appropriate, or hurtful to the university. Its nice to hear from the players, but i want what i hear to at least be well thought out, respectful, knowledgeable,.. basically the opposite of twitter.

It would be awesome if we banned the use of Twitter for our players.

Ok Nazi Germany. 99% of player tweets are like this "Eating a steak with my friends" "Just got done working out" "Hyped for next year" "Look at this picture" I don't think trying to control the life of 18+ year olds is good. If a player does something stupid on twitter ban that individual.

Whats a little shocking to me is how many grown men follow these kids' tweets. Who cares what they ate for dinner?....if thats the nature of the majority of what they tweet.

One thing that I am not sure that AU has that I know both LSU and Bama run is called FMS and SFMA. They are screens that a PT or trainer can use to predict injury doing certain movements and grading them. It will highlight weaknesses and help both the trainers and Physical Therapists to identify what needs to be improved before you push to hard doing an exercise, causing injury. LSU has shown a 50-60% decrease in training injuries, limiting them almost souly to impact related injuries, which are obviously harder to prevent. We lost 3 players in the last 2 years to torn labrums(rotator cuff), because of back and shoulder weakness doing bench press and other related exercises because they have done them incorrectly for years and developed a systemic weakness. I believe it was Kris Frost, Jordan Diamond, and I dont recall the other lineman. If we adopt these methods and better off the field prevention, it could greatly improve the overall performance of all of AU's athletes in every sport. If anyone knows someone in the AD, relay this too them. It will help a ton.

Archived