More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

I think Yox was a good S&C Coach, but as time went by, things got less structured, and we wound up with what we had in 2012. Yox was a part of 2 undefeated seasons, 2 SEC Championships, and a National Championship. He had to have been doing things right or we would have not had the successes we had during his tenure. I know things were bad for 2012 and that probably started in 2011. This is why CGM had to do a complete overhaul from top to bottom of the football program. I think we will be fine under CGM leadership for a long time. Unlike CTT and CGC to a much lesser degree, CGM will have a better pool of talent to work with from day 1. This does not mean we will go 14-0 in 2013. But there should be enough talent to make 2013 very interesting.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Yox was a good S&C Coach, but as time went by, things got less structured, and we wound up with what we had in 2012. Yox was a part of 2 undefeated seasons, 2 SEC Championships, and a National Championship. He had to have been doing things right or we would have not had the successes we had during his tenure. I know things were bad for 2012 and that probably started in 2011. This is why CGM had to do a complete overhaul from top to bottom of the football program. I think we will be fine under CGM leadership for a long time. Unlike CTT and CGC to a much lesser degree, CGM will have a better pool of talent to work with from day 1. This does not mean we will go 14-0 in 2013. But there should be enough talent to make 2013 very interesting.

Damn fine post.

I still say a big part of the problem is the way we were catering to the players through our medical staff. There's a fine line between keeping players healthy through the spring and fall and letting them get by without the work and progress. #mikedyer

Is the MMA workout a part of Russell's regimen or is it an "on your own" type thing?

On your own. Corey Lemonier was doing this when he was preparing for the Combine and Pro Day.

Cool thanks buddy.

Buddy? Weegs called me buddy everyone!

Is the MMA workout a part of Russell's regimen or is it an "on your own" type thing?

On your own. Corey Lemonier was doing this when he was preparing for the Combine and Pro Day.

Cool thanks buddy.

:bow:

Cool thanks buddy.

Dont get used to it ya jackleg. :laugh:

Cool thanks buddy.

Dont get used to it ya jackleg. :laugh:/>

At least I didn't get called Barry.

Cool thanks buddy.

Dont get used to it ya jackleg. :laugh:/>

At least I didn't get called Barry.

:laugh::bow:

Cool thanks buddy.

Congrats td. You have arrived! You're in the club!

In my own personal experience I have found that if I reached a plateau lifting it was my body telling me to switch things up in my workouts. Sometimes it's simply doing different exercises, going with more/less weight or fewer/more reps. Othertimes switching to a completely new type of training allowed my body push through the plateau. You have to "shock" your body every now and then thus signaling the muscles that more is required.

• 4 weeks later...

Justin Garrett just tweeted he set a personal best in bench press this morning...#380!!!

I see you working JG. I'm actually excited to see him play the position we was born to play.

Justin Garrett just tweeted he set a personal best in bench press this morning...#380!!!

I see you working JG. I'm actually excited to see him play the position we was born to play.

When you're coordinator calls you the best defender on the field, you know you're doing something right :)

Bench press? Isn't that a meaningless, worthless exercise that has no relevance in football?

Keep grinding young man!!!

Cool thanks buddy.

Congrats td. You have arrived! You're in the club!

Next thing you know ole td will be in the phone book!

Bench press? Isn't that a meaningless, worthless exercise that has no relevance in football?

Or so we've been told...

Don't start this argument again PLEASE haha

lolz, you don't do much lying down and lifting things in football!

Seriously though, you also don't do much picking things up off the ground and lifting them above your head... but he loved his power cleans. Just saying....

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's a funny conversation I think.

lolz, you don't do much lying down and lifting things in football!

Seriously though, you also don't do much picking things up off the ground and lifting them above your head... but he loved his power cleans. Just saying....

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's a funny conversation I think.

No need to beat yourself up, pointing out the obvious. ;D

:laugh:

I keep having flashbacks of the video of Garrett manhandling CAP in the tug-of-war drill.

So ready to see Garrett after all the hype from spring practice.

Archived