More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

Whats a little shocking to me is how many grown men follow these kids' tweets. Who cares what they ate for dinner?....if thats the nature of the majority of what they tweet.

Exactly

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...makes you wonder who was saying "don't work out so hard" in the past. I've got some firsthand knowledge and this was from the top down. It's unfair to blame the players or coach Yox for the decline.

Agree the players should want to workout instead of being told to.

...makes you wonder who was saying "don't work out so hard" in the past. I've got some firsthand knowledge and this was from the top down. It's unfair to blame the players or coach Yox for the decline.

Agree the players should want to workout instead of being told to.

It should come from both sides...the players should want to workout and the coaches should make them workout. And, if the players don't want to then the coaches need to make them workout anyway, and workout hard. You're on an athletic scholarship so go be an athlete and train appopriately.

Whats a little shocking to me is how many grown men follow these kids' tweets. Who cares what they ate for dinner?....if thats the nature of the majority of what they tweet.

Exactly

I think it is an age/ technology thing. Before you criticize it, you should at least give it a shot. I follow several of our players and it is kind of neat to see what kind of people they are off the field. There are several I've followed who I have been impressed with, and several other I have followed who I was not so much impressed with. Nick Fairley was great on Twitter, he would engage ALL fans (even Updykes) and answer questions. Gabe Wright is hilarious. Some of the other fit the stereotype of dumb jock and tweet things I could do without. If you followed Mike Blakely or Micheal Dyer a while back, you could tell there was a good chance these two might face some off-field issues. Jonathan Wallace tweets bible verses most of the time, Tre Mason usually tweets football related stuff, Lutzenkirchen comes across as very personable and friendly. During the whole Reese/ Reuben thing, I think Reese was accused of saying some pretty terrible things regarding race...yet it's common to see him in pictures and chatting with many different black players. It's cool to watch the tweets of some of the recruits as they come visit AU and experience our traditions and give their opinions of Auburn.

I just think it's somewhat hypocritical that someone would come on to an AU Sports/ Recruiting forum to discuss all of the ins and outs of everything AU and then be "shocked" that AU fans would subscribe to a live feed of info from the athletes we all pull for on Saturdays in the fall. Or maybe it's like my dad and technology....everything he can't understand he just calls it stupid and makes fun of people who like it.

Exactly

I think it is an age/ technology thing. Before you criticize it, you should at least give it a shot. I follow several of our players and it is kind of neat to see what kind of people they are off the filed. There are several I've followed who I have been impressed with, and several other I have followed who I was not so much impressed with. Nick Fairley was great on Twitter, he would engage ALL fans (even Updykes) and answer questions. Gabe Wright is hilarious. Some of the other fit the stereotype of dumb jock and tweet things I could do without. If you followed Mike Blakely or Micheal Dyer a while back, you could tell there was a good chance these two might face some off-field issues. Jonathan Wallace tweets bible verses most of the time, Tre Mason usually tweets football related stuff, Lutzenkirchen comes across as very personable and friendly. During the whole Reese/ Reuben thing, I think Reese was accused of saying some pretty terrible things regarding race...yet it's common to see him in pictures and chatting with many different black players. It's cool to watch the tweets of some of the recruits as they come visit AU and experience our traditions and give their opinions of Auburn.

I just think it's somewhat hypocritical that someone would come on to an AU Sports/ Recruiting forum to discuss all of the ins and outs of everything AU and then be "shocked" that AU fans would subscribe to a live feed of info from the athletes we all pull for on Saturdays in the fall. Or maybe it's like my dad and technology....everything he can't understand he just calls it stupid and makes fun of people who like it.

Well said DANSBY.

I also follow several news sites on twitter, and get silent texts immediately after news breaks. Follow bands to get first info on tour dates/new albums. Its really quite the useful tool outside of the "please care about what im having for dinner" silliness.

I also follow several news sites on twitter, and get silent texts immediately after news breaks. Follow bands to get first info on tour dates/new albums. Its really quite the useful tool outside of the "please care about what im having for dinner" silliness.

Yep, i follow 260 people on twitter about 200 of them being sports feeds. I pretty much know everything sports related right as it happens, my friends will try to drop some knowledge on me and my usual response is oh i read about that on twitter 2 days ago.

Exactly

I think it is an age/ technology thing. Before you criticize it, you should at least give it a shot. I follow several of our players and it is kind of neat to see what kind of people they are off the field. There are several I've followed who I have been impressed with, and several other I have followed who I was not so much impressed with. Nick Fairley was great on Twitter, he would engage ALL fans (even Updykes) and answer questions. Gabe Wright is hilarious. Some of the other fit the stereotype of dumb jock and tweet things I could do without. If you followed Mike Blakely or Micheal Dyer a while back, you could tell there was a good chance these two might face some off-field issues. Jonathan Wallace tweets bible verses most of the time, Tre Mason usually tweets football related stuff, Lutzenkirchen comes across as very personable and friendly. During the whole Reese/ Reuben thing, I think Reese was accused of saying some pretty terrible things regarding race...yet it's common to see him in pictures and chatting with many different black players. It's cool to watch the tweets of some of the recruits as they come visit AU and experience our traditions and give their opinions of Auburn.

I dont think theres a thing in the world hypocritical about being amazed that there are GROWN MEN following a bunch of kids' tweets. I stand by that statement because I meant every word of it! In not going to try it because I dont care what they tweet and furthermore have no interest whatsoever in knowing them personally. Im beyond old enough to be their father

I never got the allure of Twitter/tweets/etc. News is all fine and dandy but watching and hanging on every sentence out of some high school/college kids cell phone is just sad in my opinion. The same goes for these people that follow every little tweet from celebrities. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs "who gives a **** what they are doing/thinking/etc right now?"

Nothing worse than watching a bunch of dudes acting like beauty parlor women with this tweet crap.

To each his own, I guess, but it just seems as creepy and sad as a stalker's needs and interests.

Exactly

I dont think theres a thing in the world hypocritical about being amazed that there are GROWN MEN following a bunch of kids' tweets. I stand by that statement because I meant every word of it! In not going to try it because I dont care what they tweet and furthermore have no interest whatsoever in knowing them personally. Im beyond old enough to be their father

But yet you spend your days on a message board keeping up with their every move....

Exactly

GET OFF MY LAWN....AND TURN DOWN THAT D@MN ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC!!!!!!!

I hope you don't hit me while you're driving when you're tweeting or reading a tweet from some of these 200. if so I'll sue your butt.

Exactly

But yet you spend your days on a message board keeping up with their every move....

^^

I'm old too (though not as old as some).

My take on following social media is that it takes more of the time I have left than I'm willing to spend

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/betty-white-monologue/n12809/

I already spend a downright unhealthy amount of time (considering the other things I still need to do) lurking on this site.

No more creepy to follow public announcements of players/coaches/pundits.

I do appreciate that our contributors screen somewhat here, and we don't get full dumps of players' dinner menus.

Jaylon Denson (‏@2Ruly_Blessed89)

Used to be able to do anything the night before a workout.. Party.. Stay up all night.. Etc! Now days you do that & you will #FORSURE die..

Explains our miserable performance last season

And yet a lot of you kept saying Yox was the best S&C coach around and he shouldn't be fired. What a laugh.

Used to be able to do anything the night before a workout.. Party.. Stay up all night.. Etc! Now days you do that & you will #FORSURE die..

And yet a lot of you kept saying Yox was the best S&C coach around and he shouldn't be fired. What a laugh.

yeah, 'cause Yox set the rules for the team #THISGUYSSTUPIDITYISBOUNDLESS

Some people just make me laugh....this is funny stuff

This is true, but many continued to support (at least on certain message boards) the folks that DID set the rules on the team until it was obvious the Titanic was going to sink. There are folks defending Yox now who did and would have defended the guys who set the rules had people been blaming them instead of Yox. Blind loyalty and hypocrisy is never a good thing and we have entirely too much of it. Loyalty is earned and for a football factory that earned loyalty means winning games and not getting caught doing something that will put the program on probation.

wde

This is true, but many continued to support (at least on certain message boards) the folks that DID set the rules on the team until it was obvious the Titanic was going to sink. There are folks defending Yox now who did and would have defended the guys who set the rules had people been blaming them instead of Yox. Blind loyalty and hypocrisy is never a good thing and we have entirely too much of it. Loyalty is earned and for a football factory that earned loyalty means winning games and not getting caught doing something that will put the program on probation.

wde

WOW...this post is all over the map. If you say so.

I am also old seasoned and I look at player tweets like this. If you like to read them, open them up, if you don't like to read them, don't open them. You know, kind of like this thread. ;D

I don't blame Yox, but I do think we needed to get somebody else. It wouldn't be very easy for him to get the respect back from these kids if they didn't have it before. I see it kind of like parents, if they lets the kids run all over them and do whatever they want all the time, then when the parents finally try to make the kid do something are they going to listen? No, they never had to before, why should they now?

I am also old seasoned and I look at player tweets like this. If you like to read them, open them up, if you don't like to read them, don't open them. You know, kind of like this thread. ;D

Wow

sanity

whodathunkit

this quote is stupidity and blind loyalty, the problem is that he never continued to evolve a program that worked, Coach Malzahn saw this, it is a shame that blind loyalty can't see this....there have been signs for years, but some will call it as they see it. Yox still does not have a job, seems to me the market tells me something.

Archived