More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

If the first video is what Russell has our guys doing, label me not impressed!

Hopefully that is for a warm-up or conditioning!

Whatever happened to putting some heavy weight on the rack and getting SWOLE!

Just my opinion......These types of workouts build strength, agility, and speed. Not to mention increase power bursts. Getting swole doesn't necessarily equate to strength and speed...sometimes that could just mean that you are big and slow. Strength was a major issue with our D-Line last year...they were big but could not move anyone out of the way. I believe we will be impressed by how our team responds this year. Also for this type of offense and defense we are going to run, strength and speed will be CRITICAL! WDE!

Yea getting "swole" means absolutely nothing for football. ...you must increase strength and power while utilizing fast twitch muscle memory and not just maintaining but increasing flexibility

Are you being sarcastic, or serious?

fast twitch... muscle memory... increased flexibility??? That's what's got us in the crap we're in now! Little, under-sized, weak, tired, and soft...

Look, I want Russell to do the same dang workouts as alabama! That red-headed retard strength coach is an annoying loud-mouth... but good god, he gets results! All he brags about is getting SWOLE! Non of us can sit here and say he's a bad strength coach! Non of us!

If we want to hang with the "big boys" in our conference, we need to get bigger and stronger! So yes... getting SWOLE means a lot more than you'd ever admit.

I hate to say it, but go YouTube alabama working out... That's what we need to do. Not push-ups and planks... js.

Obviously, you did not see the pictures of the Alabama players taken at the Sr Bowl. Swole? LOL They had no definition, were NOT ripped and definitely DID NOT look like they had benefitted a bit from any special S&C coaching! Winning willl change your perspective but your assumptions are kinda funny.

So you honestly gonna sit there and tell us that alabama's players aren't bigger and stronger than ours??? Have you seen our guys with their shirts off? If you call seeing skin and bones defined, well that's on you bro.

And, you honestly gonna try to imply that Cochran is not a good s&c coach??? He's only tge best out there!

Look, i hate bammer more tgan anybody, but if I were a first year college coach, I would try to mirror what the turds are doing! My gosh, they've won 3 out of the last 4 NC's! They're doing something right...

Yes, Im honestly going to sit here and tell you that your perspective is driven by a 3 - 9 season for which you're compelled to place blame on someone. Were you complaining about how the players looked in 2010? how 'bout 2004? or any other year since 1998? Guess what ALL those years have in common? You got it Toyota...Kevin Yoxall was the S&C coach. Last year's results were a system wide meltdown and entertaining the idea that it was because of a S&C failure is just silly. As an afterthought, I might add that, bama's success is also "killing you" and is part of your problem!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The S&C for the past two seasons was a joke. It was multiple problems with the players not being pushed hard enough or forced to workout..however the whole football program was in meltdown mode. All of it was not due to S&C, but it was a part of the problem none the less. If you can sit there and tell me that our players were in as good of shape as Alabama's then I want some of what your smoking.

The S&C for the past two seasons was a joke. It was multiple problems with the players not being pushed hard enough or forced to workout..however the whole football program was in meltdown mode. All of it was not due to S&C, but it was a part of the problem none the less. If you can sit there and tell me that our players were in as good of shape as Alabama's then I want some of what your smoking.

How good a shape was bama's players in? I think its hilarious that so many pose these hypothetical questions as if it proves their point of view. I know the answe here, right? They were in better shape than Auburn's...LOL. Look, Auburn went 3 - 9 and Ive already conceded that the problem was system wide...do you understand that system wide would include every aspect of the program? To think you've encapsulated and nailed Auburn's problems by continually calling out the S&C phase of the system is myopic and misguided. Coaches didn't coach,players didn't play...and a lot goes into getting ready. Next years results are NOT resting on the new S&C guy doing a better job and if you honestly believe that your football IQ isn't what you might think it is!

I knew TBV would get the last word in. Lol

Way too much talk about staring at men's bodies for my taste...So you two finish up, we'll all step over to the next thread...holler when y'all finish!! :grouphug::o

Way too much talk about staring at men's bodies for my taste...So you two finish up, we'll all step over to the next thread...holler when y'all finish!! :grouphug::o

I made one refernce to photos that pretty much disproved the superiiority of one versus the other. If that weirded you out you should spend a little more time rereading your own posts.

I made one refernce to photos that pretty much disproved the superiiority of one versus the other. If that weirded you out you should spend a little more time rereading your own posts.

Just playin man. Peace.

Just my opinion......These types of workouts build strength, agility, and speed. Not to mention increase power bursts. Getting swole doesn't necessarily equate to strength and speed...sometimes that could just mean that you are big and slow. Strength was a major issue with our D-Line last year...they were big but could not move anyone out of the way. I believe we will be impressed by how our team responds this year. Also for this type of offense and defense we are going to run, strength and speed will be CRITICAL! WDE!

Yea getting "swole" means absolutely nothing for football. ...you must increase strength and power while utilizing fast twitch muscle memory and not just maintaining but increasing flexibility

fast twitch... muscle memory... increased flexibility??? That's what's got us in the crap we're in now! Little, under-sized, weak, tired, and soft...

Look, I want Russell to do the same dang workouts as alabama! That red-headed retard strength coach is an annoying loud-mouth... but good god, he gets results! All he brags about is getting SWOLE! Non of us can sit here and say he's a bad strength coach! Non of us!

If we want to hang with the "big boys" in our conference, we need to get bigger and stronger! So yes... getting SWOLE means a lot more than you'd ever admit.

I hate to say it, but go YouTube alabama working out... That's what we need to do. Not push-ups and planks... js.

Obviously, you did not see the pictures of the Alabama players taken at the Sr Bowl. Swole? LOL They had no definition, were NOT ripped and definitely DID NOT look like they had benefitted a bit from any special S&C coaching! Winning willl change your perspective but your assumptions are kinda funny.

So you honestly gonna sit there and tell us that alabama's players aren't bigger and stronger than ours??? Have you seen our guys with their shirts off? If you call seeing skin and bones defined, well that's on you bro.

And, you honestly gonna try to imply that Cochran is not a good s&c coach??? He's only tge best out there!

Look, i hate bammer more tgan anybody, but if I were a first year college coach, I would try to mirror what the turds are doing! My gosh, they've won 3 out of the last 4 NC's! They're doing something right...

Yes, Im honestly going to sit here and tell you that your perspective is driven by a 3 - 9 season for which you're compelled to place blame on someone. Were you complaining about how the players looked in 2010? how 'bout 2004? or any other year since 1998? Guess what ALL those years have in common? You got it Toyota...Kevin Yoxall was the S&C coach. Last year's results were a system wide meltdown and entertaining the idea that it was because of a S&C failure is just silly. As an afterthought, I might add that, bama's success is also "killing you" and is part of your problem!

Hi, welcome to the conversation. Wow.

It's "bluevue" ... the biggest Yoxall apologist out there! This old-timer will take someone to task for simply having a bad thought of Kevin Yoxall (someone I know personally, and am quite fond of)...

You need to read before banging on your key board! NOBODY even mentioned Coach Yox! And NOBODY is blaming Yox for the 3-9 season... You just barged in this convo spouting out yox, yox, yox! thats not even what we were talking about. So get over yourself!

But I'll engage... I don't really care what the 2004 or 2010 team looked like... This is 2013! Last years team (2012) was slow, weak, and tired! To say we don't need to improve physically (get bigger)... is stupid! Ryan Russell was hired, and Yox wasn't retained. That means, there was a call to change the whole mindset / outlook of the strength and conditioning program.

To add to your silly little comnent: alabama's success is not "killing" me. But, I'm not stupid! I've played sports at the professional level, and I know what good teams looks like. I'll admitt it, bammer is dominating college football right now. And if it hurts you too bad to admitt that, you either know nothing about sports or you're just in denial!

There isn't only one way to build a successful football team. See: all the different offensive and defensive schemes you can run successfully. Those offensive and defensive schemes look to accomplish different things, and in the case of Auburn vs. Alabama, the identities are almost complete polar opposites. Alabama looks to slow the game down, grind it out, and over-power the opposing team. Auburn, under Malzahn, wants to 'extend' the game, run up and down the field, and tire the opposing team out with tempo. Surely you can understand that those philosophies are very different....so why the **** would you emulate the training regiment of a team that looks the accomplish the exact opposite of what we are looking to accomplish? Does a basketball team that wants to run a fast-break, up-and-down-the-court style of basketball spend all offseason trying to get their players as big as possible, while focusing their practice time on perfecting isolation plays and an intricate post game? Of course not.

I'm really trying very hard to resist the urge to call you a ****ing moron, but you aren't helping me out here. Our team will still lift weights. Our team will still train for strength and size. However; due to the IDENTITY that we are trying to build as a team, there will also be heavy emphasis put on training for TEMPO. Those 300+ linemen need to be able to snap the ball, sprint down the field, and then snap the ball again as quickly as possible.

This isn't a hard concept.

There isn't only one way to build a successful football team. See: all the different offensive and defensive schemes you can run successfully. Those offensive and defensive schemes look to accomplish different things, and in the case of Auburn vs. Alabama, the identities are almost complete polar opposites. Alabama looks to slow the game down, grind it out, and over-power the opposing team. Auburn, under Malzahn, wants to 'extend' the game, run up and down the field, and tire the opposing team out with tempo. Surely you can understand that those philosophies are very different....so why the **** would you emulate the training regiment of a team that looks the accomplish the exact opposite of what we are looking to accomplish? Does a basketball team that wants to run a fast-break, up-and-down-the-court style of basketball spend all offseason trying to get their players as big as possible, while focusing their practice time on perfecting isolation plays and an intricate post game? Of course not.

I'm really trying very hard to resist the urge to call you a ****ing moron, but you aren't helping me out here. Our team will still lift weights. Our team will still train for strength and size. However; due to the IDENTITY that we are trying to build as a team, there will also be heavy emphasis put on training for TEMPO. Those 300+ linemen need to be able to snap the ball, sprint down the field, and then snap the ball again as quickly as possible.

This isn't a hard concept.

Ok Metafour... Everything you just said refers to the offensive side of the ball. I understand that, and agree with you (so you don't have to call me a ****ing moron)!

What about the defensive side of the ball...?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... it's ok to strive to be like bammer's D they've been running out there the past couple of years. Ellis Johnson want our players to be "big" and "physical"... So that means our players are gonna have to get "swole" (that means get bigger)... because the days of the 175lb safeties, and the 205lb linebackers are gone! The vets can either bulk up and compete, or sit and watch the big physical new comers we have coming in play...

No I'm not being sarcastic. .. judging by your comments you absolutely nothing about a proper strength and conditioning program which I do

What about the defensive side of the ball...?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... it's ok to strive to be like bammer's D they've been running out there the past couple of years. Ellis Johnson want our players to be "big" and "physical"... So that means our players are gonna have to get "swole" (that means get bigger)... because the days of the 175lb safeties, and the 205lb linebackers are gone!

It still applies to the defense as well because Alabama's 3-4 defense is not comparable to our 4-2-5 defense. Yes, our switch to the 4-2-5 means added emphasis on bigger and more physical safeties, and linebackers (compared to our 4-3 under Chizik)....however, our defensive line will never come close to Alabama's in size, and is more or less going to mimic any other 4-man front that you'd see in a 4-3 defense.

Furthermore; Alabama's defense is built on POWER. They look to overpower you head-on. Johnson's defense is heavily zone based so there is more emphasis on players being able to play in space. Since you are also only playing with 2 true linebackers, you cant exactly try to emulate a power defense on the sheer basis of numbers alone.

No I'm not being sarcastic. .. judging by your comments you absolutely nothing about a proper strength and conditioning program which I do

Okay... I don't know anything!

I've trained with some of the best athletes in the world... under some of the best strength & conditioning experts in the world. But you're right, I know nothing.

I still disagree w/ your statement... "getting swole means absolutely nothing for football".

It's "bluevue" ... the biggest Yoxall apologist out there! This old-timer will take someone to task for simply having a bad thought of Kevin Yoxall (someone I know personally, and am quite fond of)...

You need to read before banging on your key board! NOBODY even mentioned Coach Yox! And NOBODY is blaming Yox for the 3-9 season... You just barged in this convo spouting out yox, yox, yox! thats not even what we were talking about. So get over yourself!

But I'll engage... I don't really care what the 2004 or 2010 team looked like... This is 2013! Last years team (2012) was slow, weak, and tired! To say we don't need to improve physically (get bigger)... is stupid! Ryan Russell was hired, and Yox wasn't retained. That means, there was a call to change the whole mindset / outlook of the strength and conditioning program.

To add to your silly little comnent: alabama's success is not "killing" me. But, I'm not stupid! I've played sports at the professional level, and I know what good teams looks like. I'll admitt it, bammer is dominating college football right now. And if it hurts you too bad to admitt that, you either know nothing about sports or you're just in denial!

This stuff is hilarious. I have never been an apologist for anybody but do indeed have an extremely low tolerance quotient for bluster especially when its so far wrong. Saban recruits bigger players pal. Chance Warmack and DJ Fluker were arguably the biggest guys in college football last year. I could not possibly care less what you played or where you played it but that experience hasn't obviously provided you with any superior insights. The type of defense bama runs uses bigger players..Saban willl tell you he likes big linebackers. Bama was bigger than just about EVERY team they played in '12 but that does NOT signal that they have a superior S&C coach or program. Jake Holland, for example, is never going to play at 255-265....most of bamas LBs play in that range. Suggesting that Auburn has an inferior S&C program based on the argument that bama's players are so much bigger is simply lame because it ignores the fact that they were bigger than EVERYBODY they played includung LSU. The fact that they were bigger is due less to their superior training and more to the fact they were bigger to begin with.

This stuff is hilarious. I have never been an apologist for anybody but do indeed have an extremely low tolerance quotient for bluster especially when its so far wrong. Saban recruits bigger players pal. Chance Warmack and DJ Fluker were arguably the biggest guys in college football last year. I could not possibly care less what you played or where you played it but that experience hasn't obviously provided you with any superior insights. The type of defense bama runs uses bigger players..Saban willl tell you he likes big linebackers. Bama was bigger than just about EVERY team they played in '12 but that does NOT signal that they have a superior S&C coach or program. Jake Holland, for example, is never going to play at 255-265....most of bamas LBs play in that range. Suggesting that Auburn has an inferior S&C program based on the argument that bama's players are so much bigger is simply lame because it ignores the fact that they were bigger than EVERYBODY they played includung LSU. The fact that they were bigger is due less to their superior training and more to the fact they were bigger to begin with.

We recruit the same players alabama does...

Did you really bring Jake Holland into this argument?

I definitely can't stand bammer, but tell me the last time that you heard anyone say that a bammer player was underweight for the position that they played? Of Auburn's starting 11 on offense, there were probably 6 that were underweight for the position they played (all 3 linebackers, 2 safeties, 1 or 2 defensive ends, etc.). I don't believe that bammer just recruits bigger players, they put the weight on those boys and keep their speed up at the same time. Look at Yeldon. 205 when he got to bammer, now probably 215 to 220 with 4.4 speed in less than a year on campus. Now Tre Mason. 190 when he got there and probably 195 now (5 lbs in 2 full seasons). Now you could make the argument that bammer is not doing this naturally, but I can tell you that other than the D1AA that we played, we were smaller than every other team, including all 8 SEC teams and Clemson. It showed in the way we were pushed around every week. There was a problem and I am confident that Coach Russell will get it turned around.

"We recruit the same players"

What has that got to do with anything? Bama has O-linemen that weigh 340 and 350Lbs...thats not because of any S&C program. They have DEs that weight 260...CL is bragging about gaining 20 lbs for the combines and is now @ 255, whihc means he was playing at 235. Recruiting the same players doesn't mean jack pal especially since Auburn has been SIGNING significantly smaller players for several years running!

Okay... I don't know anything!

I've trained with some of the best athletes in the world... under some of the best strength & conditioning experts in the world. But you're right, I know nothing.

I still disagree w/ your statement... "getting swole means absolutely nothing for football".

Well your wrong....don't believe me look at what guys are doing getting ready for the draft

Archived