2013 3* WR Christian Cumberlander (SDSU signee)

auburnandjagsfan

He is visiting this week. He is a 3* prep schooler. He is a former teammate of Reuben Foster. He does not have an offer according to 247. Anybody have any other info on this guy. Today was the first time I had seen his name.

**Here is is his 247 profile page. http://247sports.com/Player/Christian-Cumberlander-14125

I think Foster is pushing our buttons a bit trying to get AU to offer his buddy. Just my own guess from way outside the inner circle...

i was thinking the same thing. i like his size! and heck, if it helps get RF i'm good with it. just sayin'

His name is too difficult to scream while drinking, time to move on...

Philip Lutzenkirchen says hi ;)

Lutzenkirchen is easy to say for us German speakers. :Sing:

agree, lots of german in this guy!!

His offer list is consistently growing, waiting on an offer from Oregon, probably as a back-up plan to someone. Has offers from Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State.

We already have five WR guys comitted. With numbers getting close to full, I don't see us taking a sixth WR.

You do if it helps land RF

We already have five WR guys comitted. With numbers getting close to full, I don't see us taking a sixth WR.

THIS^^^^

I think it was.... "Rueben, I can get San Diego State to let you come on a trip." Reply.. "Dude if you can make that happen I'll get you some meals and a Cam Newton signature at Auburn!"

I don't agree. We're running out of space. If Foster doesn't want to come to AU on his own, wasting a precious scholarship slot on one of his buddys is, well, wasteful. If we didn't already have five WR guys committed that may be different, but we do have five committed. Foster can come here or not, but how much pandering does AU do?

I don't agree. We're running out of space. If Foster doesn't want to come to AU on his own, wasting a precious scholarship slot on one of his buddys is, well, wasteful. If we didn't already have five WR guys committed that may be different, but we do have five committed. Foster can come here or not, but how much pandering does AU do?

Personally, i think RF is worth two schollies.... but even if he isn't, we're selling people short when we treat it this way. Just because they aren't a five star recruit doesn't mean they will never contribute. I think the biggest difference between a 5 star and a 3 star is WHEN they will contribute. So, is RF worth taking someone that will contribute in a couple of years instead of immediately..... for me that's an even bigger yes.

THIS^^^^

I think it was.... "Rueben, I can get San Diego State to let you come on a trip." Reply.. "Dude if you can make that happen I'll get you some meals and a Cam Newton signature at Auburn!"

Let's hope that's the case. At least your idea makes a lot more sense than signing somebody we don't need.

Mikey, I don't think we're running out of space. We have 19 either committed or signed. We have 28 slots. By most accounts we have in the neighborhood of 18-20 targets, with a number of them being longshots (like Greg Bryant).

Odds are, we land 7 or 8 of those targets and end with one spot left.

Think of it this way. If the dream scenario comes true and we land Foster, MacKensie Alexander, Adams or Johnson, Daniel, Ford, Folston, Mix, Walton, AND Elder... THEN, you don't have room for Cumberlander. If we think the guy can help us, we should take him. We're not running out of room.

Mikey, I don't think we're running out of space. We have 19 either committed or signed. We have 28 slots. By most accounts we have in the neighborhood of 18-20 targets, with a number of them being longshots (like Greg Bryant).

Odds are, we land 7 or 8 of those targets and end with one spot left.

Think of it this way. If the dream scenario comes true and we land Foster, MacKensie Alexander, Adams or Johnson, Daniel, Ford, Folston, Mix, Walton, AND Elder... THEN, you don't have room for Cumberlander. If we think the guy can help us, we should take him. We're not running out of room.

Then Im hoping for the dream scenario...I'd be OK with missing on Cumberlander

The kid's a legit player. He's 6' 3" 190 with sub 4.5 speed and likes to block the perimeter. He's the 26th best prep player in the country. I don't think he's an add-on by any means and I expect him to be an Auburn Tiger come signing day. That would put us at 5 WR counting Jason Smith. Marcus Davis will likely play corner IMO. It may seem like a lot of takes at that position, but think about the type of offense we're planning to run. I live in Tulsa and was here when Gus was running the record setting offense which really put him on the map. It's not the same as the Chizic/Gus offense. At the pace he wants to run the offense, we'll need all the fresh athletes we can muster. WDE

The kid's a legit player. He's 6' 3" 190 with sub 4.5 speed and likes to block the perimeter. He's the 26th best prep player in the country. I don't think he's an add-on by any means and I expect him to be an Auburn Tiger come signing day. That would put us at 5 WR counting Jason Smith. Marcus Davis will likely play corner IMO. It may seem like a lot of takes at that position, but think about the type of offense we're planning to run. I live in Tulsa and was here when Gus was running the record setting offense which really put him on the map. It's not the same as the Chizic/Gus offense. At the pace he wants to run the offense, we'll need all the fresh athletes we can muster. WDE

Hey, im fine with Cumberlamder. I was making a joke....... kinda serious though :jossun:

Hey, im fine with Cumberlamder. I was making a joke....... kinda serious though :jossun:

No sweat Blue, you posted while I was typing so I didn't even see it before I got on my soap-box :)

The kid's a legit player. He's 6' 3" 190 with sub 4.5 speed and likes to block the perimeter. He's the 26th best prep player in the country. I don't think he's an add-on by any means and I expect him to be an Auburn Tiger come signing day.

He would have sub 4.4 without the hair weighing him down... ^-^/> :dunno:/>

but I like him, and however he comes, I will take him.

Archived