David E. Housel Pressbox

autigger

AuburnTigers.com

The Auburn University Board of Trustees passed a resolution Friday to name the press box at Jordan-Hare Stadium, the David E. Housel Press Box.   The naming honors longtime athletic administrator, David Housel.

“Words are not adequate to describe my feelings about this,” said Housel.  “I remember 40 years ago this month getting the letter from Auburn saying I would be admitted as a student.    It was a beginning of my Auburn adventure which has been filled with ups and downs and triumphs and tragedies.  The word thank you is not adequate, even though it is heart felt.  To know that my name will be on the press box on the stadium that is named after Coach Jordan and Cliff Hare moves me beyond words.”

I personally feel that Jim Fyffe would have been a better name to put on the press box but oh well

Fyffe's needs to be remembered in some way, and the pressbox is a natural. All Housel ever did was 'waddle' up there. Fyffe made memories. I vote for the 'Fyffe Pressbox'.

Typical Auburn stupidity! The same reason we are still squabbling on how to get off Probation WITHOUT cutting Lowder loose! Auburn does not have a good history of brilliant decisons because of all the meddling and politics. Coach Jordan once said: "The only thing Auburn people have to fear is Auburn people." He was right!

Archived