2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Guest Tigereagle03

Ive seen hes ours ive seen else where hes solid.. I wish he would go ahead and commit..

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided I'm not going to be greedy. In addition to Lawson and Liner, I only want Foster, Adams, Matthews and Bell. Then I will be happy.

:thumbsup:

I think it is highly unlikely we take Bell and Matthews.

That was more tongue in cheek but now that you mention it. If both of them called on Monday and said they wanted to commit, what would you say the percentage is that we would take both of them ? I am going to say close to 95%.

SO  i'm guessing no Reuben news today

Probably not until he leaves the Bammer camp Wednesday.

Well, there is a well respected bama insider that has claimed Foster silently committed to Auburn at BCW.

TIFWIW. 

Well, there is a well respected bama insider that has claimed Foster silently committed to Auburn at BCW.

TIFWIW. 

Care to elaborate on who said it? Would be sweet.

The big test for where we really stand with Foster will be what comes out after the camp.  If he is still coming to Auburn's campus and hanging around our coaches and team, we should probably feel pretty good.  If he starts making statements affirming his pledge to Bama, then we should probably feel like s#!*.

TIFWIW. 

This would seem to make sense from every thing that has happened after BCW. It doesn't make sense for Auburn to have Foster around while recruiting Tray Mathews if something didn't happen for the good,

I personally hope that he flips as soon as possible. The longer he is in our class publicly, the longer he can recruit for us. At this point, I think he has probably heard what he needs to hear from both sides. I think that if he does make the flip, he will probably stay. Man our class with him in it is just unfair.

I personally hope that he flips as soon as possible. The longer he is in our class publicly, the longer he can recruit for us. At this point, I think he has probably heard what he needs to hear from both sides. I think that if he does make the flip, he will probably stay. Man our class with him in it is just unfair.

I hope he flips also but to be honest I think he is already recruiting for us. Meeting up with Liner when Tray Matthews came to visit could be a sign that he is.  :dunno:

I hope we can get this kid. However, I have seen the last two years not to count our eggs before they are in the basket. We have been burned enough for me to learn that some people don't play by the rules.

I did a little research late last night and found something very interesting. I noticed Bammer has offered 3 new OLBs in the past 10 days, 2 were 2 days before BCW and 1 right after Foster's visit to AU with Matthews this past week. I am not saying it is a definite that Bammer knows they are going to lose Foster but usually when a team offered 3 new players like that at a position at this point of the recruiting cycle that usually means a team missed out on a player or 2 at that position or know they are going to lose them. TIFWIW

I did a little research late last night and found something very interesting. I noticed Bammer has offered 3 new OLBs in the past 10 days, 2 were 2 days before BCW and 1 right after Foster's visit to AU with Matthews this past week. I am not saying it is a definite that Bammer knows they are going to lose Foster but usually when a team offered 3 new players like that at a position at this point of the recruiting cycle that usually means a team missed out on a player or 2 at that position or know they are going to lose them. TIFWIW

The bammers have been saying for weeks that they believe he is gone.

Don't tell al.com that..  :-X

Yeah but that could have just been them trolling on message boards to gt at Auburn fans. Now we have something more tangible per what the coaches are doing.

They are already in the "we dont need him" attitude. I have had 3 separate bammers at work say that and also throw in that their 4th string could start at most universities. You hear that, Reuben? They don't need you. Come on over to AU where you are wanted and needed.

They are already in the "we dont need him" attitude. I have had 3 separate bammers at work say that and also throw in that their 4th string could start at most universities. You hear that, Reuben? They don't need you. Come on over to AU where you are wanted and needed.

Well if they get Matthew Thomas the #3 OLB in the nation they may not need him which is fine with me. Come on down to the Plains Mr. Foster.

Nice work, ellitor.

Very interesting. Nice job  :thumbsup:

Nice info. They could also be sending a subtle msg and the offers may not be committable. Who knows? :dunno: The main thing with me is that we are in the picture and if we get him it's thick gravy to an already stellar D class.

Let's just say we do get Foster, what does out linebacker corps look like at the start of 2013? Getting way, way, way ahead here but its a slow period in football news.

Our lone senior would be Jake Holland - most likely a 3 year starter at MLB by then. Frost and Garrett would more than likely be the other starters, with McKinzy possibly substituting for one of them. Including the 3 we already have committed plus Foster, it would be:

Holland

Garrett

Frost

Swain

Landrum

McKinzy

Mitchell

2013 commits:

Johnson

Davis

Toney

Foster